Static Pages

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
finallygreen

Re: Static Pages

Post by finallygreen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:47 am

Unfortunately, as you probably know, SEO mods really aren't something you can just flip an off switch to.

Is there perhaps someone out there that has this working in conjunction with an SEO mod??

asmalik12

Post by asmalik12 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:03 pm

I am facing a problem in the following steps :

1. Go to ACP :: System :: Modules (Administration Control Panel)
2. Click the .MODs category and create a module category under it named ACP_PAGES
3. From the drop-down box select the Manage Pages module - add it and enable it
4. Now just go over to the MODs tab to see your new module.

It is not appearing nowhere in .MODs Tab after following the above instructions.
"Think 100 times before you take a decision, But once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man." - Quaid-e-Azam

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Assuming you've run the required SQL queries and were able to see the Manage Pages module in step 3 then I would suggest re-uploading the files again, maybe one became corrupted in the transfer (it happens sometimes).
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

asmalik12

Post by asmalik12 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:35 pm

I have completed the step 3 (The Module is there in drop-down box) and i have installed (it is there in the System Tab[Administration Contol Panel - Module Managment]) it to but it is not appearing there in the .MODs Tab.
"Think 100 times before you take a decision, But once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man." - Quaid-e-Azam

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Try purging the cache (ACP > GENERAL) after step 4. If that doesn't work then try adding the module again and then purging the cache again.

Try also refreshing your style (STYLES > Templates > Refresh) may not be necessary but doesn't hurt.

Usually the cache needs to be purged so the system will read the new or changed files same for refreshing the style.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

asmalik12

Post by asmalik12 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:32 am

I have followed your every instruction from your previous and recent post as well but still no effect. If i move it to the top of the .MODs tab then it appears but not in sidebar, just configuration appears.

urednik

Post by urednik » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:51 am

asmalik12 wrote:I have followed your every instruction from your previous and recent post as well but still no effect. If i move it to the top of the .MODs tab then it appears but not in sidebar, just configuration appears.
If you see module in system tab, and not in page, maybe you forget klick enable in the system tab after function ADD module.

Once I have also problem, when I add modules twice, try to delete module, check in system, if there is no module, create it again ...

asmalik12

Post by asmalik12 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:24 am

I have done everything; enabled it, created it again but no result.

urednik

Post by urednik » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:52 am

Then try to create new tab "static", not in ".mod" tab, and then create module ...

asmalik12

Post by asmalik12 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:09 pm

how to create new tab? I don't know.

urednik

Post by urednik » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:34 pm

asmalik12 wrote:how to create new tab? I don't know.
On page "Module management", below on left is "Create new module".
Then you chose wher modul will be shown, but must field is module type "category" and enable it !!

Then you will get new module under ".mod" tab.
Click it, and then "add module" as before.

I have the some problem, and now works fine.

asmalik12

Post by asmalik12 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:44 pm

thanks, I've created new tabs.

urednik

Post by urednik » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm

If you use portal ( http://www.board3.de ), static pages can be shown as part of the portal.
My modification use left part of portal and on the right is static page.

Steps to be done:
  • 1. Install board3 Portal ( http://www.board3.de )
    2. Install original mod
    3. Install html hack (if you wish)
    4. upload files from attachment.

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Now I need to crack two thing:
1. How to modify main_menu.html, to show also list of available static pages?
By hand is no problem, but automatic ??
2. How to modify search engine to search also into this pages ?

Anyone to help ?

fishtown

Post by fishtown » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 pm

urednik wrote: 1. How to modify main_menu.html, to show also list of available static pages?
By hand is no problem, but automatic ??

Anyone to help ?
Use the link http://www.yourside.com/page.php

With that it will be open a page with all created static pages.

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Sun May 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Why are we not able to upload a pic in this mod. I can use an img URL but I do not want a URL pic, I would like to use my own Pic that I upload. Thoughts?

I also would love the option to have members from the index page view these static pages via a tab. Does anyone know how to do this? my site is: http://www.itsallaboutmusic.net See the tabs up top. Idea is to have a News or Featured Reviews Tab and then have the page links there. Appreciate if someone could help me on this part. I also would like a moderator to have the ability to create a page, but as of now this can only be done via the ACP. Is there another way? I use subsilver2, hate prosilver

Also, the ACP instructions are not 100% correct, at least not in my case.

Finally, you need to add the module in the ACP to manage pages.
1. Go to ACP :: System :: Modules (Administration Control Panel)
2. Click the .MODs category and create a module category under it named ACP_PAGES (Do not activate)
3. From the drop-down box select the Manage Pages module - add it and enable it (but choose no parent)
4. Now just go over to the MODs tab to see your new module. (Not true, it never shows thus see my bold comments. It may show for some but from reading the posts it does not for everyone

Questions why is 2 above not activated? the original instructions do not say either way.

Good mod overall but the instructions were not 100% or something is broken on my end. 1.03 is the version I have is there another one? The pages work based on my change to the instructions but if my change is flawed please let me know. I am not an expert by any means.
Last edited by cfotoceo on Mon May 03, 2010 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”