Static Pages

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
FladeX
Name: Max Istlyaev

Re: Static Pages

Post by FladeX » Sun May 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks for this mod! I translated it to russian language.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

and sorry for my bad english [ phpBB Adept ]
My mods: Sitemap FX, Referrals FX, Topiclist FX, Alphabet FX, Polls Results FX.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:20 am

cfotoceo wrote:Why are we not able to upload a pic in this mod. I can use an img URL but I do not want a URL pic, I would like to use my own Pic that I upload. Thoughts?
I’m not sure you understand how HTML pages work. Images in web pages are always linked, although, often the links may be local not to external sources. You can load the image into a folder within the images folder of your phpBB installation and then just use the path to that location in the [img] tags.
I also would love the option to have members from the index page view these static pages via a tab. Does anyone know how to do this? my site is: http://www.itsallaboutmusic.net See the tabs up top. Idea is to have a News or Featured Reviews Tab and then have the page links there. Appreciate if someone could help me on this part. I use subsilver2, hate prosilver
For the tabs you state that you are using subsilver2, but the site you link to appears to be using the X-Static Skin style that may be based on subsiver2 but is not subsilver2. The tabs are probably buttons and would be created in a similar way to the other non standard tabs you’ve created, like Arcade and Chat. The URL to point to would be whatever the one for the relevant static page is. Subsilver2 will not be supported in future versions of phpBB. It is a style based on tables which more modern page design has moved away from.
I also would like a moderator to have the ability to create a page, but as of now this can only be done via the ACP. Is there another way?
At the moment the only way is to also give the moderators administrator permissions. You could look at transferring the ACP module to the MCP, not sure how difficult that would be.
Also, the ACP instructions are not 100% correct, at least not in my case.

Finally, you need to add the module in the ACP to manage pages.
1. Go to ACP :: System :: Modules (Administration Control Panel)
2. Click the .MODs category and create a module category under it named ACP_PAGES (Do not activate)
3. From the drop-down box select the Manage Pages module - add it and enable it (but choose no parent)
4. Now just go over to the MODs tab to see your new module. (Not true, it never shows thus see my bold comments. It may show for some but from reading the posts it does not for everyone
Not sure about the install instructions being incorrect, in step 2 you “activated” the module despite the instructions not telling you to do that, same for step 3 you seem to have assigned a parent when the instructions didn’t say to do that. The instructions worked for most people, so I would say that something is, indeed, broken on your end. However, if you can now see the "Manage pages" link in the ACP and it takes you to that page then it sounds like you got it working and it should be fine.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

urednik

Post by urednik » Mon May 03, 2010 3:44 am

cfotoceo wrote:Why are we not able to upload a pic in this mod. I can use an img URL but I do not want a URL pic, I would like to use my own Pic that I upload. Thoughts?

I also would love the option to have members from the index page view these static pages via a tab. Does anyone know how to do this? my site is: http://www.itsallaboutmusic.net See the tabs up top. Idea is to have a News or Featured Reviews Tab and then have the page links there. Appreciate if someone could help me on this part.
Try board3 portal.
You can set up forum for news, which is shown on first page.
link: http://www.board3.de/
As I try static pages, they are more designed to show content, which is more or less the some for longer period. For news is better forum, and combination of portal, which extract news in first page.

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Mon May 03, 2010 10:20 am

"Not sure about the install instructions being incorrect, in step 2 you “activated” the module despite the instructions not telling you to do that, same for step 3 you seem to have assigned a parent when the instructions didn’t say to do that. The instructions worked for most people, so I would say that something is, indeed, broken on your end. However, if you can now see the "Manage pages" link in the ACP and it takes you to that page then it sounds like you got it working and it should be fine."

I thank you for your reply but I did not activate anything in number 2. I did not assign a parent either. Fact is, a parent is defaulted to .Mod are you stating that there should be no parent for step 2 as well?

For step three had I not set the parent to no parent based on 1 and 2 then nothing showed up. I read all 14 pages of this thread and several others had the exact same issue. You are correct, I should not have stated the instructions are not 100% but a better phrase is they need to be more detailed.

So in number 2 I did not activate and the parent of which I did nothing to is set to .mod is that right.

Step three I did right after step 2, pulled down the menu and added as the instructions stated that too set parent by default to .MOD but nothing showed up on the left side when you click the .Mod tab.

Far as subsilver2 not being supported, that is not what I read on other boards. many many many people do not like the the way prosilver looks. it for me is not as smooth, if subsilver2 goes way of the dodo I too will switch to V bulletin.

Look forward to your reply, and I do appreciate your thoughts.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Mon May 03, 2010 12:57 pm

cfotoceo wrote:Far as subsilver2 not being supported, that is not what I read on other boards. many many many people do not like the the way prosilver looks. it for me is not as smooth, if subsilver2 goes way of the dodo I too will switch to V bulletin.
i used to think exactly the same way :lol:

anyway, if you go to skin-lab and look at the new X-Silver style, you'll see that prosilver can look good ;)

also, i know of a style that is being developed based on prosilver that will look the same as subsilver2.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:27 am

cfotoceo wrote:I also would like a moderator to have the ability to create a page, but as of now this can only be done via the ACP.
Just thinking out loud, but it may be possible to just add the module to the MCP rather than the ACP.

That is, add it to ACP > System > Module Management > Moderator Control Panel, rather than Administration Control Panel. I haven't tried it, but it may be a simple solution.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Wed May 05, 2010 10:53 am

Ah I found an easier way, ACP/User Permission/ADMIN Priv then click and only click the line that says, Can Edit, create and delete static pages. Very easy. The moderator only sees in the ACP the Manage Pages Option.

Instead of creating tabs for the static pages, just use Redbar3 even easier :) What would have made this Mod better is if it had the instructions or included adding tabs to your index page. Dropping links is not a neat and clean way to do this on a forum or web page. All and all good mod once you find the little things to make it work for you.

Bash
Name: Glenn

Post by Bash » Thu May 06, 2010 9:58 pm

SQL error:

import.php: Missing parameter: import_type (FAQ 2.8)
import.php: Missing parameter: format (FAQ 2.8)

What does this mean? (sorry a bit of a noob with SQL).

*EDIT* nvm I tried it again and it worked, jeez I'm such a nub.

Bash

Post by Bash » Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Ok same problem that everyone seems to be having: doesn't appear under .MOD tab.

I see 'Manage Pages' within module management page so somethings working?

*sigh*

Bash

Post by Bash » Fri May 07, 2010 6:02 pm

cfotoceo wrote:Ah I found an easier way, ACP/User Permission/ADMIN Priv then click and only click the line that says, Can Edit, create and delete static pages. Very easy. The moderator only sees in the ACP the Manage Pages Option.
ACP/User Permission/ADMIN Priv... wheres that?

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Fri May 07, 2010 8:56 pm

its in your Admin Control Panel then look for User Permission then set to Admin Permission then choose Advanced Settings then Click the Misc Tab then Click the Manage Pages to Yes.

Bash

Post by Bash » Fri May 07, 2010 9:03 pm

No it's not there :(

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Fri May 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Then I have no idea what you are running. You do not have an Admin Control Panel. How do you give your users permissions or groups, how do you set up moderators?

Bash

Post by Bash » Fri May 07, 2010 9:29 pm

lol no no no, I have an ACP, but I don't see that option (manage static pages) under administrator permissions' 'advanced permissions' ' 'misc' tab.

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Fri May 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Get the user you want, make sure you are setting user permissions, then choose admin permission
then choose advanced permissions then hit the mic tab and this is what you should see: Can create, edit and delete static pages

Hope this helps

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”