frantic wrote:first let me say what a great mod. so simple yet so effective. My question is that i have primetime portal and it comes with its own custom pages mod. It makes edits to the same php_pages table and uses the ACP_PAGES module thing in the drop down menu. When installed togther primetime always overtakes the static pages mod. Like i'll go into the .mod thing and primetime custom pages will be their instead of static pages. Is their anyways i can get it were static pages will work with primetime installed? Problem is primetime is the only portal that will do what i need it to. But this is mod is so great that i was wondering if their was a workaround so they don't interfer with each other.
I answered this on the Primetime support website, but I'll go ahead and answer it here to in case someone else has this issue.
I had the same problem and because I didn't have enough time to fix it, I just uninstalled this MOD because, tbh, Primetime is higher on my list of important MODs (and it has its own page function, even though I like this one better).
However, the fix can't be too hard. Theoretically, it would be to: (this is more indepth than I posted on the primetime site, now that I think about it):
1) Uninstall Static Pages
2) Before installing, change the instructions for creating the DB table to make it create a table called phpbb_static_pages instead of phpbb_pages
3) When editing constants.php (I think that's the right one), instead of making "define('PAGES_TABLE', 'phpbb_pages');" make it say "define('STATIC_PAGES_TABLE', 'phpbb_static_pages');".
4) Any time any of the Static Pages MOD files or edits calls PAGES_TABLE, change it to STATIC_PAGES_TABLE.
5) To change the ACP Module, in the Static Pages language file, find ACP_PAGES and change it to ACP_STATIC_PAGES.
6) Now, when adding the Module to the ACP, instead of inserting ACP_PAGES, insert ACP_STATIC_PAGES.
7) IF any of the files (such as "page.php") are the same, alter the file name and then any time it's linked in any of the files, change it accordingly. (I don't think this was an issue, but if it is it could take a lot of work to fix.
That should solve your compatibility issue, but I haven't tested it so it would be best to first try it on a test server (install primetime, make these changes to the install files/instructions, and then install Static Pages) and see if it works well together.
I'll update my post on the Primetime site and with this more detailed help.