Contact Board Admin

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Contact Board Admin

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Sorry scottybt...not very likely. Your sponsors could always allow people to send them emails via the board.
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

So I installed it everything was swel but I dont see any bb codes, smiles, visual confirmations, nothing,

All I see is a basic form with reasons and subject and input field..

Could you tell me whys this please ? :)
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Check the entries in the ACP (General->Board Configuration->Contact Admin). Also, the mod will not allow bbcodes/smilies to be used if they are disabled in the board configuration as well.

I see the visual confirmation just fine from the link you gave.

Also, you have many styles installed, you must ensure that the contact_body.html file is uploaded into each and every style else your users will get an error like so
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/RockBand/template/contact_body.html does not exist or is empty
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Check the entries in the ACP (General->Board Configuration->Contact Admin). Also, the mod will not allow bbcodes/smilies to be used if they are disabled in the board configuration as well.

I see the visual confirmation just fine from the link you gave.

Also, you have many styles installed, you must ensure that the contact_body.html file is uploaded into each and every style else your users will get an error like so
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/RockBand/template/contact_body.html does not exist or is empty
I am just testing this on my Glacier style which is default. I managed to bring smiles and bb code but at a price

Smiles & BB Code will only appear if its set to PM or Forum Post if its set to email then there's no BB Code or Smiles.

Now is there a way to get around this so that people can use smiles and BB code in email aswell? why was this kept out?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Zaid wrote:Smiles & BB Code will only appear if its set to PM or Forum Post if its set to email then there's no BB Code or Smiles.

Now is there a way to get around this so that people can use smiles and BB code in email aswell? why was this kept out?
Because email software typically doesn't parse bbcode and smilies. So you would get an email something like this

Code: Select all

[b]blah, blah, blah[/b]
Why would someone want that?
darodent

Post by darodent »

RMcGirr83, I just wanted to drop a quick note off to you to thank you for the work and excellent directions on this mod. Definitely saved me some "slaughtering" time (with my php skills, hacking is too gentle a term to describe it :lol: ). I especially liked the fact each one of your core edits included a beginning and ending line for changes. That goes a long way to figuring out where the heck I can mess things over later. Being a manual mod installer notes like that in code goes a long way to me learning new things.

Keep up the good work.
sivanayak

Post by sivanayak »

Thanks. It's working well. Good mod.
PÕQ~Hitman

Post by PÕQ~Hitman »

This mod has worked great until recently, I have it set that it makes a post, well now i cant reply to that post anymore, before I use too..

Wait i upgraded to 3.0.6 RC3, i vaguely recall something about unapproved posts cant be replied,

Anyway anyone know a fix to this?
chanbb

Post by chanbb »

RMcGirr83,
Thanks your MOD, I used it and I want to add some custom fields in the contact page.
Would you tell me the ways?
Thank in advance.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Like what?

Please be more descriptive than "I want to add some custom fields". I don't know if you are talking about custom profile fields or what.

Also, there will be an updated version for 3.0.6 when it is released that will, different from this version
  1. Allow the uploading of attachments following the extensions set in the attachments for the forum
  2. Allow the use of more than 255 characters for the contact reasons (possibly allowing the use of defined reasons similar to how "report reasons" are set).
  3. limit the amount of core code adjustments (module)
  4. Use the new captcha features of 3.0.6
  5. Other minutia stuff
..and it will not be immediately available the second 3.0.6 is released as final, so don't ask when it will be done please.
neonshares

Post by neonshares »

I installed this mod and seems to be working fine, but when the users click on contact board admin link it is showing this error and removing the contact admin link by disabling it automatically.

You can't use the contact form at the moment because there is an error in the configuration. An email has been sent to the board founder.

How can i fix this?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

What did it say in the email?
neonshares

Post by neonshares »

The bot you have selected, ::..XXXX..::, for the Contact Admin modification
at XXXX does not have the correct permissions (post without approval)
for the forum, Complaints

Please visit the forum http://www.XXXXXx.com/forum and fix the
permissions.

The modification has been disabled

Thanks, The Management
neonshares

Post by neonshares »

Thanks fixed. I changed the permissions and its working fine.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”