Contact Board Admin

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Romeo666

Re: Contact Board Admin

Post by Romeo666 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 pm

I saw the history of this mod
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1952015

it is the same as the mod of this thread, so I am surprised why their is 2 topics in this forum for the same mod.

I am keeping the update of this topic and I do not know that their a new topic for the mod.

I missed many upgrades.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Uninstall this version, then download and install the other version...and this isn't aimed at you just a general statement.

This mod is for a 3.0.5 forum only!! due to the CAPTCHA changing in 3.0.6.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Romeo666

Post by Romeo666 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:29 pm

You mean not to use the update history from
update_105a_106
update_106_107
update_109_110

If so, and I uninstall this version, what about the database, how can I uninstall the entries?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 pm

The database entries are held in the phpbb_config table (change phpbb to your prefix) and are

Code: Select all

'contact_enable', 'contact_confirm', 'contact_confirm_guests', 'contact_max_attempts', 'contact_method', 'contact_bot_user', 'contact_bot_forum', 'contact_version', 'contact_reasons', 'contact_founder_only', 'contact_bbcodes_allowed', 'contact_smilies_allowed', 'contact_bot_poster'
...or pretty much, anything in the config table that begins with "contact". Remove them from the database and purge the cache to regenerate. Make sure you uninstall everything else first and make a backup of your database to be on the safe side.

The update files you are talking about were for people to use when the mod was in development. No need to update if you want the latest version, just install the latest version. ;)
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

PÕQ~Hitman

Post by PÕQ~Hitman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Can someone tell me how to change the text, in message body on the form, what file?

Thanks!

PÕQ~Hitman

Post by PÕQ~Hitman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:45 pm

PÕQ~Hitman wrote:Can someone tell me how to change the text, in message body on the form, what file?

Thanks!
Anyone?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm

You change it in the language file (language/en/mods/contact.php) and I am no longer supporting this mod as it is for a 3.0.5 forum which is 2 versions out of date.

You can find the latest version of this mod here which currently works fine on a 3.0.7-PL1 phpBB forum.

PÕQ~Hitman

Post by PÕQ~Hitman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:You change it in the language file (language/en/mods/contact.php) and I am no longer supporting this mod as it is for a 3.0.5 forum which is 2 versions out of date.

You can find the latest version of this mod here which currently works fine on a 3.0.7-PL1 phpBB forum.
Ah must have missed it lol, no problem on supporting.

Luckyluciano
Name: Luciano

Post by Luckyluciano » Mon May 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Italian tranlsation
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Official support Italian to Portal XL

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”