Add Homepage link in header

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
lovelysummer

Re: Add Homepage link in header

Post by lovelysummer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Can I make the word in other colour, I prefer to be red. Any other files are required to edit?

Tks.
homecolor.JPG
homecolor.JPG (24.26 KiB) Viewed 1851 times

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:29 pm

You can try this is onerall_header.html:

Code: Select all

<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_HOMEPAGE}" accesskey="y"><font color="red">{L_HOMEPAGE}</font></a></li>
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:57 pm

It is a bit strange after the colour edit.

before
b4color.JPG
b4color.JPG (30.88 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
after
aftercolour.JPG
aftercolour.JPG (35.81 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
Some of other fonts are also turned red :?

Is it because I put the link in the overall_ footer.html? Here is the part of my code

<ul class="linklist">
			<li class="icon-mini-home"><a href="{U_HOMEPAGE}" target="_blank" accesskey="y"><font color="red">{L_HOMEPAGE}</a></li>
			<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a></li>
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
					<!-- IF S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK}" title="{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}">{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_WATCH_TOPIC --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_WATCH_TOPIC}" title="{L_WATCH_TOPIC}">{L_WATCH_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bookmark"><a href="{U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}" title="{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}">{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_BUMP_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bump"><a href="{U_BUMP_TOPIC}" title="{L_BUMP_TOPIC}">{L_BUMP_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			<li class="rightside"><!-- IF U_TEAM --><a href="{U_TEAM}">{L_THE_TEAM}</a> &bull; <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{U_DELETE_COOKIES}">{L_DELETE_COOKIES}</a> &bull; <!-- ENDIF -->{S_TIMEZONE}</li>
		</ul>
p.s. I add the class in colour.css below so as to use the icon_mini_home.gif

<li class="icon-mini-home">

ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:52 pm

I cannot be sure right now, but perhaps it is the fact that you did not close the font tag??? :?:

So this:

<li class="icon-mini-home"><a href="{U_HOMEPAGE}" target="_blank" accesskey="y"><font color="red">{L_HOMEPAGE}</a></li>
should be

<li class="icon-mini-home"><a href="{U_HOMEPAGE}" target="_blank" accesskey="y"><font color="red">{L_HOMEPAGE}</font></a></li>
And just for the record,

target="_blank"
is not xhtml valid.. You can use :

onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;"
Unless, of course you don't care about the validation... In this case target="_blank" is OK.. ;)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:08 pm

ChriZathens, tks for your help and instruction about the target="_blank". I've changed to onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;" and close the font tag too.

Everything is working perfert. :P :P :P Very happy !

You are nice :D

ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:26 pm

You are very welcome! ;)
My mods in MODDB:

ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:36 pm

I've just posted a download link for version 1.0.6 in the Development topic
In version 1.0.6 you can enable/disable the MOD and set the URL to your homepage directly from the ACP.
Screenshot:

Update instructions are inside the package. Please post any feedback in that topic ;)
My mods in MODDB:

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:24 pm

:D very good

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:26 am

Nice and useful mod, thanks :)

My Spanish translation:
Open: language/es/common.php

Find:

'HOURS'	=> 'Horas',
Add after:

'HOMEPAGE'						=> 'Página principal',
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english

JohnL13

Post by JohnL13 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Hey guys

I am getting this at the very top of my forum pages now

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3845: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3847: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3849: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

I have went over all the file edits again and they all look as instructed, anyone point me to the correct file i may have made a mistake in?

Thanks in advance.

J

ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:52 pm

The mistake is most likely in your language files.
When saving the files after the edit, make sure that you save them as UTF8 without BOM...
My mods in MODDB:

JohnL13

Post by JohnL13 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:50 pm

ChriZathens wrote:The mistake is most likely in your language files.
When saving the files after the edit, make sure that you save them as UTF8 without BOM...

:mrgreen:

Many Thanks, it was indeed i had not saved the lang file without BOM. ALl working now,

Thanks for your quick assistance.

J

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:03 pm

why not just add a static link in overall_header? takes 2 seconds?
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..

ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 pm

You maybe know how to do this, but not everyone knows... I guess I could simply make a "mod" which only indicates how to do that, but this one does the job in the appropriate way without any hardcoded stuff..
Besides that, also you, could find useful this mod's version 1.0.6 where everything is controlled via the ACP... ;)
My mods in MODDB:

budo

Post by budo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:20 am

Hi, nice mod.

I have installed it on twilightBB (pro silver based) but the Homepage is above (on top) of the Board Index not to the side of it.

1) Do you know how I can make it be at the side of each other? im guessing its simple but dont want to start playing around with it if could get specific instructions as im new to mods.

2) When I click the homepage link it comes up http://budoonline.co.uk/http://www.budoonline.co.uk (my website isnt live at the moment) should there be two website URLs or just the one?

3) How could I change the text i.e. Board Index to Forum Index?

many thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”