Add Homepage link in header

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
robgib

Re: Add Homepage link in header

Post by robgib »

thanks chriz

worked a treat (have only done locally)

( i corrected the link to the site)
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Cool...
Now that I can actually see the design, I believe that you would maybe prefer the link to be on the left of "Board Index"
If you do prefer it that way, then it is the breadcrumbs.html file that needs to be edited. You can paste its contents here and I'll fix it 4U.. :)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
bigwookie

Post by bigwookie »

asrock wrote: As you can see from my capture below, I want to make the {HOMEPAGE} part look the same as my other links on my navrow... off caps and without the { and } also I have a custom homepage with a different URL, could you tell me where I would enter the URL for my custom page so that my new Homepage link will take a user to it without opening another browser window.

*** UPDATE ***

Chriz, No worries my friend! I got it sorted :D I just modified the {U_HOMEPAGE} and the {L_HOMEPAGE} and now I've got what I want plus it doesn't need to open in another browser window. Yipeeeee!
Many thanks for your great MOD Chriz and for your very kind help! Thank You. ;)
After.jpg
Before.jpg
What was the fix for this as i've got the same {HOMEPAGE} problem?

http://www.prleague.com/forum/index.php
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

You have missed the edit in language/en/common.php :
Find

Code: Select all

'HOME'							=> 'Home',
After, add

'HOMEPAGE'						=> 'Homepage',
;)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
bigwookie

Post by bigwookie »

I edited it but must have missed uploading it :oops:
Rugger15

Post by Rugger15 »

Thanks for this mod. I installed everything and am now getting the following error. Any ideas to fix this?

phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

When editing phpbb files - and especially language files, you must always be sure that you save them in UTF8 without BOM. My guess is that your text editor does not have this capability, or you simply did not save the files as UTF8 without BOM. So either reopen the language files and save them as UTF8 without BOM, or if your editor does not support this, get another editor.
My choice is Notepad++

If your files are correctly saved, though, the most probable cause of this is that there is a blank character before

<?php
in your language file. So make sure that there is nothing before

<?php
(not even a space)
My mods in MODDB:
dsettles

Post by dsettles »

Hi,

I have looked for the past couple of hours trying to figure out how I can create a link in the forum header back to my home page. I have been unsuccessful. I know I'm in the correct place I'm in the overall_header.html file. I don' t see any code as it relates to {U_INDEX}

I am using the 4poziomSEO Theme and board version 3.0.4

My forum can be found at www.voltaclub.org/forum.

Help! thanks in advance
DAS
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

Judging by your theme's appearance I would say that you should look for it not in overall_header.html, but in breadcrumbs.html..
That is if you need to place the link next to "board index". If you need to place the link before "HOME", then overall_header.html is the right file to look..
Also, you should follow instructions for subsilver2, since I see that your style is subsilver based..
If you can't figure this out, post here (in code tags) your overall_header.html or your breadcrumbs.html and I'll tell you what to do (tomorrow, though - I going to bed now - 5am here... :shock: )
My mods in MODDB:
rjbass3

Post by rjbass3 »

Im looking for the install directions for this mod. I downloaded the zip file, looked at it all, and looked at this thread and am not finding it. AutoMod doesn't see the mod files and so I was going to do it the hard way, but can't find the instructions anywhere.
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

After downloading the mod you have an archive: Add_Homepage_Link_1.0.8.zip
Extract it and you'll get a folder: Add_Homepage_Link_1.0.8.
Inside that folder there is a file named install_mod.xml. These are the install instructions. Open this file with your favorite web browser... ;)
And, BTW this mod works perfectly with Automod... :P
Just copy the folder -the one you got after the extraction - inside /store folder in your phpbb root dir... :)
Then, Automod will see the mod just fine.. (after all, it wouldn't have been validated by the mod team if it wasn't Automod compatible..)
My mods in MODDB:
rjbass3

Post by rjbass3 »

I found the install file. Thanks.

I have edited all the pages manually, but I am not seeing a Home Page link on any of my styles.

I have attempted to upload the file folder to my Mods directory in the store folder but AutoMod refuses to even see that it is there. At this point I don't know what to do anymore.

The real funny thing is that i tried to change the link for the site logo. At one point I had it referring back to my sites index page, but now it isn't working anymore. I have edited the overall header and i can't find the issue.
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

A link to your forum would be helpful.
also, place here the contents of your overall_header.html in code tags.
My mods in MODDB:
domestictuner

Post by domestictuner »

Can i add another link in the navrow in addition to the homepage?
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

If you want it ACP configurable, like this mod does it, I guess you could duplicate the edits (just use homepage2 instead of homepage in the duplicate) This should do it... :)
My mods in MODDB:

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”