phpBB Code Repository

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
jrolson

Re: phpBB Code Repository

Post by jrolson » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 pm

When viewing .png images, they show up as some kind of encrypted code instead of an image.

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:39 am

I'll take a look into it.

What phpBB version are you using, and what PHP version are you running on?

jrolson

Post by jrolson » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 am

Figured out the problem, png wasn't defined in crs_misc_functions.php

Find,

Code: Select all

'image/pipeg'								=> array('jfif'),
After Add,

Code: Select all

'image/png'									=> array('png'),

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 am

That's odd. I could have sworn that it was defined. o_0

jrolson

Post by jrolson » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 am

I would like to suggest a feature if I may,

The ability for admins to edit a file and then a page showing all the recent revisions made. Using the background text colors of green and red to show the changes made.

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 pm

jrolson wrote:I would like to suggest a feature if I may,

The ability for admins to edit a file and then a page showing all the recent revisions made. Using the background text colors of green and red to show the changes made.
While that would be something nice to have, it unfortunately is not possible to do efficiently in PHP. I've taken a look at it several times, but tracking revisions and building the result of previous revisions is just not something that PHP is suited for. It would be easy for someone to try and overwhelm the server by requesting extremely old file versions from a large file, or doing something along those lines. The amount of caching it would take to make something like that isn't truly feasible with the tools currently available today. Not to mention the security hassles that may arise when allowing people (even admins) to edit files on the server.

What you'd be better off doing, in that case, is getting yourself either an SVN or git repository. I'd personally recommend git, but you can decide on your own which you would want.

ptambi

MY SITE GONE WHITE

Post by ptambi » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 pm

I tried to install this mod using auto mod, i was abt to successfulll,...and my sight gone white
,now i am not being able to open any page.

My site is www.kpsclub.org

Kindly support me to tell whts gone wrong

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Can you enable debug and debug extra on your board, like so?

http://phpbbmodders.net/articles/3.0/enable_debug/

ptambi

Post by ptambi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 am

Thank you so much.......

i have debugged the errors this way......

Have great day ahead

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:53 am

Effective immediately, I am abandoning/discontinuing support for this MOD/style/project (along with all other MODs/styles/projects) due to the continuing and hostile nature that phpBB and some of its team members have been displaying towards its userbase.

Any code repositories for this project will remain available for approximately 14 days before I remove them.

I apologize to those affected by my decision for this inconvenience, however I feel as if there is no choice but to discontinue any and all commitments to phpBB in order to illustrate the counterproductive effect from their actions when considering the goal of community involvement and contribution.

To the relevant staff members, I request that this topic be locked as soon as possible.

To any developers/authors that are considering taking over this MOD/style/project, you have my full approval to take over this MOD/style/project on the condition that credit/copyright to the previous author or authors is properly provided and displayed.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”