ReIMG Image Resizer

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:33 pm

The resized image doesn't align at all. It just shrinks in its place. If you want to align images to be centered you'll have to change the style assigned to images through the stylesheet or through the bbcode.html file. Nothing really to do with this MOD either.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Most awesome answer to a long-time problem. It works like a charm.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
Muggins

MetalRush

Post by MetalRush » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:28 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
MetalRush wrote:Hi David (and TaleTN),
First: great mod, my hat off to you.
Second: I am eager to get this MOD on the road myself... I bumped into a problem and installed it manually (according the provided install.xml), purged, cleared cache, etc.
Sad part is: this MOD does not respond on my site at all.
All codes and copies have been done according the installation instructions.
Alas: no errors but also no MOD.
I checked the code over and over and read this entire thread. No given solution or remark could help me out.

I also have another style installed so swapped everything back to Subsilver2 (also for guests), since this MOD should work with Subsilver2 and Prosilver.

Link to my TEST-site: http://www.metalrush.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2
(LARGE IMAGE ALERT !!) :lol:

I would really appreciate if you could swing by and have a look.

TIA! :mrgreen:

[EDIT]
I changed my style to my (extra) installed style -proFormell- , where (to my surprise) the pictures DO resize... but no buttons to zoom (nor the functionality when you click on them).
So it does work... somewhat... but not as it is intended... :|
I am baffled...
The image you have in that topic is 800x600. Your settings are coming up as:

Code: Select all

var reimg_maxWidth = 800, reimg_maxHeight = 600, reimg_relWidth = 100;
Doesn't exactly do anything as the image matches up exactly with that ;)

As far as your other style not showing the button that would be because you have to refresh the imageset.
I'm sorry, David, but I disagree.
1st picture (of the car) is 1024px x 768px (scaled to 800px × 600px)
2nd picture (of the people) is 3456px × 2304px (scaled to 800px × 533px)
So the javascript does its work (since it rescales) but there is no functionality for zooming.

Neither style is showing buttons. And, like stated, I refreshed, cleared and reloaded every theme.

Perhaps it is most easy to just start from scratch and throw the whole forum to /dev/null and reinstall... :|

muggins

Post by muggins » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:03 pm

DavidIQ wrote:You seem to have highslide included in overall_header.html from some other MOD and being loaded differently too. There is some conflict there. One of the two must go.
Unless I've missed a post or two in this topic, that doesn't appear to be the case. I have this excellent mod with Highslide enabled on a test board, with no other mods installed except for PetroCad3D's AI mod, and each time the page is refreshed, an image pops up in the Highslide window.

The AI mod affects only one line in posting.php and has no Javascript.

If you'd like to have a look here, doubtless you'll find the error of my ways... :mrgreen:

The included lightbox code doesn't do that, but I have a user or two who must use IE, and my test machine with Windows doesn't display an image in the overlay when using lightbox. :?

Edit: IE6 doesn't display an image, but IE7 does fine. My backward-looking member's IT departments will just have to step up! :twisted:
Muggins

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:55 pm

The highslide issue is strange. The previous user that had that problem had some other highslide using MOD that was causing the problem. On your site I couldn't find anything other than ReIMG using Highslide unless I overlooked it :?

muggins

Post by muggins » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:01 am

Me, too... :?

As per my edit above, I've decided that until we can puzzle it out, lightbox will do just fine. It seems to be a bit faster, too.

My live board has a photogallery mod that uses Highslide, but there didn't seems to be any conflicts or issues other than the one we just looked at on the test board.

C'est la vie. :D
Muggins

marcusbacus

Post by marcusbacus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:38 pm

It was working fine until yesterday, when I installed this SEO MOD: http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/phpbb-se ... rl-38.html . In some instruction of the SEO MOD (I have to check again where it is but I'm pretty sure it was the cause for the failure in the reIMG), it was asking to look for a code that couldn't be found, because it was already changed by the ReIMG MOD and had a small piece of code of the ReIMG there. I noticed the similarities of the codes, and put the SEO code there, and the ReIMG now isn't doing its job and stopped working.

Can it be some problem with the JavaScript (as this SEO also uses some) or something else? I'm going to find where I did the changes to exemplify what happened. No ReIMG code was deleted I guess, unless some common replaced code was important to the functionality of ReIMG, but no specific code of ReIMG was deleted or replaced, I suppose. Not that I have noticed, as I've installed the SEO MOD manually (and it's working).

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Any one of these files edited for the SEO MOD could be the culprit:
## includes/functions.php,
## includes/functions_content.php,
## memberlist.php,
## posting.php,
## styles/prosilver/template/attachment.html,
## styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html,
## styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html,
## styles/subsilver2/template/attachment.html,
## styles/subsilver2/template/overall_header.html,
## styles/subsilver2/template/viewtopic_body.html,
## viewtopic.php

marcusbacus

Post by marcusbacus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:49 pm

My guess is that it's one of the template files (can even be of the actual default - and forced - template I use, coffee_time, which I haven't checked yet - will try to use another one and see if there's an error with the reIMG there), but it's a bit hard to find which file it is (all I can remember is that it was one of the first edits and it wasn't these after the <head> tags), I will have a closer look later on. I might try to reinstall the reIMG mod which would be faster than to browse the huge ammount of changes in the SEO MOD which took me more than an hour to install despite it says 20 mins.

As a side note: before updating to 3.05 from scratch and from a clean version and moving servers (I was using v. 3.02 i think) I was using another script for dealing with the image sizes, but I couldn't find it again so I tried this one instead. The other one was slightly better...

maxwell2

Post by maxwell2 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:31 pm

I have a problem with the validator, my site does not pass the test after you install the compatibility fashion
Click here [validator.w3.org]

MetalRush

Post by MetalRush » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Well, I reinstalled everything on my production server and started out with a clean install.
The installation itself was a piece of cake and this mod works like a charm... on the standard style/theme.
I re-checked everything for my current style/theme and got that working as well (Yeeee :D )
Only problem is: the zoom in / zoom out pictures are not showing.
Yes, I know: repurge cache and templates... so I did... many, many times.
I also tried the cfg-files and images of Subsilver2, but that resulted in the same way: a green square for zoom-in and a red square for zoom-out.
I rechecked all files (which you also mentioned above), but could not find any error(s).
Do you have any (more) idea(s) ?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:41 pm

maxwell2 wrote:I have a problem with the validator, my site does not pass the test after you install the compatibility fashion
Click here [validator.w3.org]
Yes, that is known. That is why in the MOD description in the install file it says:
This MOD uses HTML attributes (onload and onerror) that are not part of the XHTML 1.0 Strict and Transitional specifications. This is not a problem in virtually all popular browser software, but if you really need to stay 100% XHTML 1.0 compliant, then you could leave out the onload and onerror attributes. The drawback of this is that all images are shown at once, but only after the full document (including *all* images) has loaded. The user will probably experience this as being slower, because he will not see the images loading. One way of solving this is to show thumbnails of the images while loading them by adding this rule to your theme's style sheet:

.reimg { width: 10%; height: auto; visibility: visible; }

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm

MetalRush wrote:Well, I reinstalled everything on my production server and started out with a clean install.
The installation itself was a piece of cake and this mod works like a charm... on the standard style/theme.
I re-checked everything for my current style/theme and got that working as well (Yeeee :D )
Only problem is: the zoom in / zoom out pictures are not showing.
Yes, I know: repurge cache and templates... so I did... many, many times.
I also tried the cfg-files and images of Subsilver2, but that resulted in the same way: a green square for zoom-in and a red square for zoom-out.
I rechecked all files (which you also mentioned above), but could not find any error(s).
Do you have any (more) idea(s) ?
Have you refreshed the imageset through ACP yet?

MetalRush

Post by MetalRush » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:35 am

I had hoped you read it...
Yes, I know: re-purged cache and templates... so I did... many, many times.
That is what I meant with the refresh/empty cache or whatever term there is left to this refreshing.
A good example is found here: http://www.opelomegaportal.nl/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 am

MetalRush wrote:I had hoped you read it...
Yes, I know: re-purged cache and templates... so I did... many, many times.
That is what I meant with the refresh/empty cache or whatever term there is left to this refreshing.
A good example is found here: http://www.opelomegaportal.nl/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6
Yes I did read it but you implicitly mention "templtes". Refreshing the template and refreshing the imageset are 2 completely different functions and do 2 completely different things. Refreshing one does not refresh the other.

Refreshing the imageset won't do much for you right now though. Upon closer inspection of styles/proFormell/imageset/imageset.cfg, it looks like you've not edited that file to include:

Code: Select all

img_icon_reimg_zoom_in = icon_reimg_zoom_in.gif*20*20
img_icon_reimg_zoom_out = icon_reimg_zoom_out.gif*20*20

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”