Donations

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Elitzur
I've Been Banned!

Re: Donations

Post by Elitzur »

AutoMOD is good and useful however it shouldn't be used with MODs that contain an install file.

It is a pretty good MOD for a first try though! :) I have submitted 3 MODs that are in the MOD queue at
the moment but all 3 don't have many edits :lol:

I might download it, looks good :)

austin881
Name: Austin Maddox

Post by austin881 »

I used the install file, I've never used AutoMod before.
I still have the problem. My functions_display.php file is modified exactly as the install file instructs so I'm not sure what the problem could be.
Available for paid phpBB help! PM me.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3
phpBB portfolio: chevy truck forum, chevy astro van forum

bruce303lee

Post by bruce303lee »

Basicly there is a problem with my mod if you move the code for the donations mod in functions_display.php to the display_forums functions it solves this some what. the next release will have this fixed and will only display on the index page.

austin881

Post by austin881 »

So you're telling me there is no work-around until then? So this has been confirmed as an issue? After installing this mod anyone that tries to view a Private Message gets an error? I was hoping someone could slap me and say "Hey you installed it wrong, silly" or something to that affect. Evidently this is an issue for anyone that uses this mod.

All due respect, how in the world did this Mod make it past validation?

I'm glad to hear you are working on another release. I really do like this mod and hope I can get it working. Thanks for creating it.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3

updown

Post by updown »

austin881 wrote:All due respect, how in the world did this Mod make it past validation?
Validation doesn't validate for bugs, it validates code-guidelines and basic functionality.

Like I said, for me this is a DEV- or BETA-MOD, better ask the author why there hasn't been a DEV-thread to find those bugs before releasing it.

Sorry for beeing a little harsh, but forced to enter email-adresses is not fulfilling my needs. Some members donor directly by bank-order or other payments other than paypal with notice of their username. But it's OK, it's your mod and i don't have to use it, just want to give you some ideas for further developments.

koimaster

Post by koimaster »

hi all i just installed a mod [donations] using automod and my main page is coming up with
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'ukkrazyk_pbb01.donations' doesn't exist [1146]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

how do i fix it please

updown

Post by updown »

koimaster wrote:hi all i just installed a mod [donations] using automod and my main page is coming up with
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'ukkrazyk_pbb01.donations' doesn't exist [1146]
updown wrote: BTW: The install-file uses 'phpbb_' as prefix hardcoded - if you have an other prefix in the database, you should alter this in the file before installation... :roll:

... and you have to run install.php manually

koimaster

Post by koimaster »

cheers chap sorted now i went sortcut to the acp and unistalled :oops: :oops: :oops:

bruce303lee

Post by bruce303lee »

To fix private messages

find in includes/functions_display.php and delete

Code: Select all

// Donations mod
	$user->add_lang('mods/donations');
	$sql = 'SELECT * FROM  ' . DONATIONS_TABLE . ' ORDER BY donation_amount DESC LIMIT 0, 10'; 
	$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
	while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
	{
		$email = $db->sql_escape($row['donation_email']);
		$namesql = 'SELECT username, user_id ' .
				'FROM phpbb_users ' .
				"WHERE user_email = '$email' "; 
		$nameresult = $db->sql_query($namesql);
		$namerow = $db->sql_fetchrow($nameresult);
		if (!isset($namerow['username']))
		{
			$donorname = $row['donation_email'];
		} 
		else 
		{ 
			$donorname = $namerow['username']; 
		}
		$template->assign_block_vars('donations', array(
				'USERNAME'	=> 	$donorname,
				'USERDONATED'	=>	$row['donation_amount'],
				'USERID'	=>	$namerow['user_id'],
				)
			);
		$db->sql_freeresult($nameresult);
	}
	$db->sql_freeresult($result);
	// End Donations
Find in includes/functions_display.php

function display_forums($root_data = '', $display_moderators = true, $return_moderators = false)
{
	global $db, $auth, $user, $template;
	global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx, $config;
Add after

// Donations mod
	$template->assign_vars(array('D_SHOW'		=> true));
	$user->add_lang('mods/donations');
	$sql = 'SELECT * FROM  ' . DONATIONS_TABLE . ' ORDER BY donation_amount DESC LIMIT 0, 10'; 
	$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
	while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
	{
		$email = $db->sql_escape($row['donation_email']);
		$namesql = 'SELECT username, user_id ' .
				'FROM phpbb_users ' .
				"WHERE user_email = '$email' "; 
		$nameresult = $db->sql_query($namesql);
		$namerow = $db->sql_fetchrow($nameresult);
		if (!isset($namerow['username']))
		{
			$donorname = $row['donation_email'];
		} 
		else 
		{ 
			$donorname = $namerow['username']; 
		}
		$template->assign_block_vars('donations', array(
				'USERNAME'	=> 	$donorname,
				'USERDONATED'	=>	$row['donation_amount'],
				'USERID'	=>	$namerow['user_id'],
				)
			);
		$db->sql_freeresult($nameresult);
	}
	$db->sql_freeresult($result);
	// End Donations

austin881

Post by austin881 »

That worked! Thank you.

Although I suppose this means I won't be able to display the donating member list on my portal.php page now? I had it displayed on both the forum index and portal pages before and it was working fine. Now it does not display on my Portal page. The Portal page is another mod I have installed which I don't expect you to support but if you are willing to shed some light on that I would appreciate it.

My guess is moving that bit of code into the display_forums function is what broke the portal page. Oh well, at least it is working in one place.

updown

Post by updown »

BTW: another problem is when you have enabled "allow reuse of email-address" on board-config, so when more than one user has the same email-address... And what if a user makes more than one donation? better sum it up for the top supporters, or it has to be called "top single donations"...

bruce303lee

Post by bruce303lee »

to only display the block on the index add this to the top of styles\prosilver\template\donations.html

<!-- IF D_SHOW -->
and this to the end

<!-- ENDIF -->

bruce303lee

Post by bruce303lee »

sorry guys i will look into a better solution later but right now i have to leave for my day job. I do have more plans for this mod and you guys have hit 2 on the dot. as far as displaying names with group colors and suming up the donations but these will have to come later after I fix the bugs and add pageing.

bruce303lee

Post by bruce303lee »

I also want to add goal for the month and make the block a scrolling ticker with all the donors and goal and stats.

Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

I'm looking into installing this mod onto a few boards.

So I have some feature requests:

I was wondering if you would be able to make an add-on so when users donate, they receive x amount of points e.g. via the Ultimate Points Mod

Also how about having the option for users to be added to a certain group if the donate so much money rather than doing it manually?
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”