Show First Post Only to Guest

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
DBM

Re: Show First Post Only to Guest

Post by DBM »

Primy wrote:Yes, u can replace that line like the install file suggests unless that missing int is necessary for the functioning of another installed mod (but i don't think so).

Let me know if it works.
Tried it just now. Seems to do the trick. Thanks. :)

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Show First Post Only to Guest

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.3
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Steve Johnston

Post by Steve Johnston »

Thanks to primy and David for the work on this, it's an excellent idea for a mod. I have been through the 4 pages here, but there's been mention of quite a few changes to the codes. Just to clarify, I would like the first post to show on searching, to guests and if they want to view more posts in that same thread, they would need to register (or login) - how can I do that please ?

Any help much appreciated.

Steve Johnston

Post by Steve Johnston »

Steve Johnston wrote:Thanks to primy and David for the work on this, it's an excellent idea for a mod. I have been through the 4 pages here, but there's been mention of quite a few changes to the codes. Just to clarify, I would like the first post to show on searching, to guests and if they want to view more posts in that same thread, they would need to register (or login) - how can I do that please ?

Any help much appreciated.
If it helps, I'm on PHPBB3 on prosilver.

pororo

Post by pororo »

If someone used the search function, would the posts be disclosed?

Also, if someone use 'view all topics, post by this user' link, would the posts be disclosed.

I just wanna make sure that the posts are always hidden from guests other that the first post of a topic.

Neubivljiv

Post by Neubivljiv »

It will be nice if guests can see first X characters in first post (instead all) or 15-20% of all text in first post. Can we do that?

satandream

Post by satandream »

As the author did not answer me in the last post i wonder if anybody else have this error when edit styleset in ACP?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_styles.php  on line 1514: Undefined index: IMG_ICON_SFPO_LOGIN
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_styles.php on line 1514: Undefined index: IMG_ICON_SFPO_REGISTER
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3494)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”