Links page

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
DoYouSpeakWak

Re: Link page

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

In the first code and example you just posted the reason is that any langauge file inside a en or nl etc folder will be used when langauge in ucp is changed. Like standard on the this mod.

And the second code you tried doesnt work for faq manager unless you recode that some way.

So you can choose 3 options. Keep the file inside a en or nl folder and use the faq manager, or dont use it and place it outside these folders. or recode the faq manager, Ask in the mod topic.

But trust me after you first make the language file and set it up like you like it. then its very easy to just open the file directly and edit it. Just copy existing link,paste it in, edit and save. or just do your edits in faq manager and move the file to /langauge/
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
Offering paid services. 15+ years of experience with phpBB3 and server management.
DutchToxophilite

Post by DutchToxophilite »

Ok.

Thanx for your support.

I will see what I will do.

grtz,
Twan
You are never to old to be stubern.....
inayan

Post by inayan »

Thanks so much for this mod - just what i was looking for.

One minor issue though - i hope you can help me with. The link icon is not showing properly. The bottom part of the icon seems to be cut off for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks!
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

inayan wrote:Thanks so much for this mod - just what i was looking for.

One minor issue though - i hope you can help me with. The link icon is not showing properly. The bottom part of the icon seems to be cut off for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Do you have an url or screenshot ?
Offering paid services. 15+ years of experience with phpBB3 and server management.
inayan

Post by inayan »

Here you go.

(Since I am using a grey theme I just duplicated and renamed the FAQ icon until i re-worked the color with the one included with the mod. It does the same thing though.)
linkscrop.jpg
linkscrop.jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 737 times
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Its a bit strange. If the image is the same it should show just like the other. Try to use the org faq.

FInd

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_HIDE_LINKSMOD --><li class="icon-links"><a href="{U_LINKS}" title="{L_LINKS_PAGE}">{L_LINKS}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with

<!-- IF S_HIDE_LINKSMOD --><li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_LINKS}" title="{L_LINKS_PAGE}">{L_LINKS}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
That way you use the exact same icon that works allready. But this is a modification on a unknown style so there could be other things. But as always refresh imageset and theme.
inayan

Post by inayan »

Well - i know very little about this stuff but.... that did it. Your my hero.

Thanks!!!
Aleksandar

Post by Aleksandar »

I'm using a custom subsilver2 theme which doesn't have:

<a href="{U_FAQ}">
Will I still be able to use this mod?

*EDIT*

Figured it out. Nevermind. ;)
zake black

Post by zake black »

Just a thought,

With the permissions on this, would it be possible to change it in that only users with an xx post count could view? would this be easy to implement??

Cheers

Andy
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

zake black wrote:Just a thought,

With the permissions on this, would it be possible to change it in that only users with an xx post count could view? would this be easy to implement??

Cheers

Andy
No those things are really not connected. But im sure its posible down the line, but at the moment i have no idea how to do that.
zake black

Post by zake black »

DoYouSpeakWak wrote:

Cheers

Andy
No those things are really not connected. But im sure its posible down the line, but at the moment i have no idea how to do that.
No worrys, just a thought as i run to copys of this mod, links and offers. would have liked to make offers permission so that only those that had posted would be able to view. so would avoid those just signing up to get the offers from viewing. i.e. they have to contribute first. :)

Another think im looking at/thinking about is changing the location to drop down for example our offers are only relavant to those who live in the UK so location is dropdown select by county and then the links page is region specific so someone in xxxxx county will have on the links page those national companies and those that are local to them :) heavy i know! biting on more than i can chew ;)
zake black

Post by zake black »

DoYouSpeakWak wrote:
Comments:
This mod is a changed version of the mod called Rules page by eviL<3.
Just noticed link is dead.
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

zake black wrote:
DoYouSpeakWak wrote:

Cheers

Andy
No worrys, just a thought as i run to copys of this mod, links and offers. would have liked to make offers permission so that only those that had posted would be able to view. so would avoid those just signing up to get the offers from viewing. i.e. they have to contribute first. :)
You could use auto groups for that. Check it out.

Another think im looking at/thinking about is changing the location to drop down for example our offers are only relavant to those who live in the UK so location is dropdown select by county and then the links page is region specific so someone in xxxxx county will have on the links page those national companies and those that are local to them :) heavy i know! biting on more than i can chew ;)
Sounds like a nice feature. Maybe someone can come up with a if statement for that. IF LANG_ID=2 LINKTEXT END
zake black

Post by zake black »

Thanks

Took a look at autogroup makes light work off it. creat a new group called offer acces (hidden) and then just set it to add after a certain post count.. job done!

Thanks
hoppman
Name: Pelle Eriksson

Re: Links page

Post by hoppman »

Every time i try to access the install_links_mod.php, i get logged out from the forum and get the You are not authorised to access this area. error. I am the founder of the forum, so there should not be any permissions issue's..

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”