Links page

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
zake black

Re: Links page

Post by zake black »

DoYouSpeakWak wrote:
zake black wrote:DoYouSpeakWak , are you able to advise how to make the following change?

The quick links which appear first before the link category is it possible to put these in a table so that take up two or three columns? thus less space?

Cheers

Andy
Since its the same templatae as faq i need to check up on this. :ugeek:
No problem thanks.

Its simply an exercise to try and reduce the length of the subject links as when you have a few it seems like a better option :)
ghx666

Post by ghx666 »

i think i am doing something wrong here because i can't see the links entry left beside the faq entry in the index

and i guess it has something to do with permissions ... somehow i can't find an option to enable this links mod so it shows on the board

can someone guide me to where i can enable this?

the installation was without problems and i can get into the management of the faq and links items (faq manager also installed)

thanks
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

ghx666 wrote:i think i am doing something wrong here because i can't see the links entry left beside the faq entry in the index

and i guess it has something to do with permissions ... somehow i can't find an option to enable this links mod so it shows on the board

can someone guide me to where i can enable this?

the installation was without problems and i can get into the management of the faq and links items (faq manager also installed)

thanks
acp > permissions > Global permissions > group permissions. Then choose the group you want to edit and choose the "misc" tab

I hope it helps.

Zake > Not any news, first answer is no, but im working on it.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
ghx666

Post by ghx666 »

i am sorry, either i am blind or i don't have this option in the permissions

can you post a screenshot of the entire acp page where i can see this option and can also see where exactly you are and which drop downs you have so maybe this way i can find that option
ghx666

Post by ghx666 »

- deleted by myself because i was in the wrong topic -

maybe someone can delete this post
ricjonhay

Post by ricjonhay »

Great mod DoYouSpeakWak installed this moring on my 3.0.7 board and works great and is running fine with the FAQ Manager as well, Thanks again.
ghx666

Post by ghx666 »

ghx666 wrote:i am sorry, either i am blind or i don't have this option in the permissions

can you post a screenshot of the entire acp page where i can see this option and can also see where exactly you are and which drop downs you have so maybe this way i can find that option
could someone please post a screenshot? thanks
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Did you run the installer that comes with the mod?
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
pertinax

Post by pertinax »

Hi,

I am having problems getting the Links page to work.

I have gone by the instruction and end up with a oversized fonts and my MCP Chat window bleeping away with these error codes:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4291: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4293: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4295: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)

This error also displays accross the top of the forum which has knocked everything out of sync as well as the font size etc.

I have made sure that all code was edited using notepad and saved as UTF-8

Can anyone tell me what i have done wrong?

Thanks

Oh BTW I also have FAQ Admin mod and the MCP chat installed.

Here is a screenshot of the lines that seem to be giving the error:

DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

pertinax wrote:Hi,

I am having problems getting the Links page to work.

I have gone by the instruction and end up with a oversized fonts and my MCP Chat window bleeping away with these error codes:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4291: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4293: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4295: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:1)

This error also displays accross the top of the forum which has knocked everything out of sync as well as the font size etc.

I have made sure that all code was edited using notepad and saved as UTF-8

Can anyone tell me what i have done wrong?

Thanks

Oh BTW I also have FAQ Admin mod and the MCP chat installed.

Here is a screenshot of the lines that seem to be giving the error:

Thats not related to this mod. Try to copy the post over in the support forums. im sure they can help
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
RebekahGarner74

Post by RebekahGarner74 »

I would like to remove this mod completely. Is there an uninstall.php file to run that corresponds to the install file ? I am an idiot and didn't back up my database prior to installation.
GeorgeB

Post by GeorgeB »

Hi, is it compatible with phpbb 3.0.7 with the SEO mod?

Thanks
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

RebekahGarner74 wrote:I would like to remove this mod completely. Is there an uninstall.php file to run that corresponds to the install file ? I am an idiot and didn't back up my database prior to installation.
No problem. run the install file again. This time you will have 1 option. uninstall. Follow the instructions. and remember to reverse any file edits if you didnt use automod to install this in the first place. AND if you did use automod, remember to update to latest version before uninstalling.
GeorgeB wrote:Hi, is it compatible with phpbb 3.0.7 with the SEO mod?

Thanks
3.0.7 and 3.0.7-pl1 yes, tested and working. SEO mod im not sure, there is a few around i have not tested this with mod. But im 99% sure it will work with any SEO mod. Since it just mimicks the faq feature allready built in. So if you faq.php works with seo i think this will too. Try it on localhost before installing on live site and if you do please let us know how it went and what seo mod you used.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”