phpBB Smartfeed

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MarkDHamill

Re: phpBB Smartfeed

Post by MarkDHamill »

Unless a user specified only specific forums, they will see in the newsfeed all forums for which they are entitled to read. So new forums would automatically appear and removed forums would automatically disappear.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
gs2088c

Post by gs2088c »

OK, I think I get what you meant. Let me verify.

Here are the feeds of three users:

User #1 - All forums
User #2 - Forums 1, 2, 3, 7, 8
Guest - Forums 1, 2

1, 2, and 5 are visible to guests

Now Admin decides that forum 5 is required, and configures SF that way. Now the users get this:

User #1 - All forums
User #2 - Forums 1, 2, 3, 7, 8
Guest - Forums 1, 2

The above is what I think you are saying.

Now, presuming what I thought is correct, what the users should really be getting now is (this is what I was trying to say):

User #1 - All forums
User #2 - Forums 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8
Guest - Forums 1, 2, 5
Mainframe Computer Operations (8 years)
Mainframe Technical Support (5 years)
Tandem System Admin (8 years)
Tandem DBA (15 years)
What is the one real database? Tandem Non-Stop :mrgreen:
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

With the newest release the admin can specify forums that must be in a feed (or must not be in a feed) regardless of whether the user would select or not select the forums.

So this is correct if the administrator specified forum #5 in the ACP as a required forum.
User #1 - All forums
User #2 - Forums 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8
Guest - Forums 1, 2, 5
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
paritosh.saraswat

Post by paritosh.saraswat »

gs2088c wrote:Any idea why I'm getting this?
================================================
Internet Explorer cannot display this feed

This feed contains code errors.
Go back to the previous page.

More information

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document.
Line: 1292 Character: 2

<br />
================================================
Did 2.2.15 to 2.2.16 then 2.2.17

Thanks.
I'm facing the same problem. View source gives a hint:

Code: Select all

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Cannot redeclare login_jfusion() (previously declared in /home/username/public_html/forum/includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php:20) in <b>/home/username/public_html/forum/includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php</b> on line <b>46</b><br />
But if we take a look at auth_jfusion.php, the function login_jfusion() starts at line#20 and end at line# 46
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I repacked 2.2.17 at least once in part to address this issue. Please check smartfeed.php. The kill_session function in likes 687-710 should be:

function kill_session ($new_session=true)
{

// Kill the sessions we consumed. We don't want to use session_kill() because it updates user_lastvisit,
	// which we don't necessarily want to do since the user may want to visit the board later and see
	// messages in the feed as unread.

global $db, $user, $config, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path;

$sql = 'DELETE FROM ' . SESSIONS_TABLE . "
			WHERE session_id = '" . $db->sql_escape($user->session_id) . "'
				AND session_user_id = " . (int) $user->data['session_id'];
	$db->sql_query($sql);

// Allow connecting logout with external auth method logout
	$method = 'logout_' . basename(trim($config['auth_method']));
	if (!function_exists($method))
	{
		include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/auth/auth_' . $method . '.' . $phpEx);
	}
	$method($user->data, $new_session);

return;
}
If not copy in this new code.
paritosh.saraswat

Post by paritosh.saraswat »

MarkDHamill wrote:Please check smartfeed.php. The kill_session function in likes 687-710 should be:
Mark,
I modified smartfeed.php in the forum root as suggested, but now IE shows the following message:
<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/home/username/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/session/session.php</b> on line <b>423</b>: <b>session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/feedcreator.class.php:695)</b><br />
Edit: Changed username in path
Last edited by paritosh.saraswat on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

The message suggests you are using a Joomla phpBB integration. This mod was developed in a pure phpBB environment and was not tested with Joomla. However,this is a notice, and it can be ignored if phpBB or PHP is set properly.
ProtoGT

Post by ProtoGT »

I installed this but it's telling me no feeds are available for my site.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

This can happen if you are not logged in and your board is has no forums which the public can read. In this case Smartfeed can only be used in authenticated mode.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

phpBB Smartfeed

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 2.2.15
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
extramsg

Post by extramsg »

This mod totally screwed me. Went through the install procedure. Now the board is unavailable and gives the error:

General Error
Language file ./language/en/mods/smartfeed.php couldn't be opened.
Tried to uninstall and it gave me a tar file that was empty. So now I'm totally SOL.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

My apologies. I write two mods, Smartfeed and Digests and somehow the Digests software got uploaded into the Smartfeed space.

Version 2.2.16 (approved) and version 2.2.17 can be found on my Smartfeed website.

http://phpbbservices.com/smartfeed/
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

phpBB Smartfeed

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 2.2.17
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Pixel8r

Post by Pixel8r »

Hi,

I have been using Smartfeed 2.2.15 which I had to manually install. I ran the automod installation for the SQL changes then manually updated each file. Everything is working fine.

I have been trying to do the upgrade to 2.2.16 and have made all changes listed in the upgrade, except the SQL changes. I have tried to apply the upgrade via the automod to make the SQL changes, but it just reports that it can't find the following;

Cannot locate File: ./../store/mods/.//./contrib/upgrade/smartfeed_2.2.15_to_2.2.16.xml

I have checked to see that the file is present on my server and it is.

Thanks for this great mod any help gratefully received.

Pixel8r
24knews.com - We live on the edge of chaos.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I did not specifically test the upgrade with AutoMod, but looking at the code I see no reason why you are getting the errors you are getting. My suggestion is to make the file changes manually with instructions in the upgrade file.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”