phpBB Smartfeed

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MarkDHamill

Re: phpBB Smartfeed

Post by MarkDHamill »

JakeL wrote:
  • - A (per-feed) option for what all to include in the title - notably whether or not to include forum (and parents) names - would be very handy; as it is, I'll likely end up parsing those out for some feeds.

- Letting admins set the 'default options' to offer users would be very nice.
Jake the first suggestion is quite hard as it would require an additional checkbox for each forum to decide whether you want an expanded title for each forum or category which includes parents.

The second suggestion already exists in the ACP interface.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Kindle and paper versions available.
Flor1s

Post by Flor1s »

Great mod, thank you.
How can we make it possible to subscribe to a feed of private messages only? Currently, the mod protests against subscribing to a feed with private messages, but without any forum.

Code: Select all

You have not selected any forums, so no URL can be generated. Please select at least one forum.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Interesting idea. I can add it to the development queue.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Kindle and paper versions available.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Flor1s wrote:Great mod, thank you.
How can we make it possible to subscribe to a feed of private messages only? Currently, the mod protests against subscribing to a feed with private messages, but without any forum.

You have not selected any forums, so no URL can be generated. Please select at least one forum.
This is quite easy to implement and will be in the next release.

If you want to add it now, make the following changes to smartfeed_url_body.html. Look for this line:

var bookmarks_id = document.getElementById('bookmarks');
After it add:

var pms1_id = document.getElementById('pms1');
Then look for this line:

if ((num_checked==0) && (news_id.all_forums.checked==false) && (bookmarks_id.checked==false))
and replace it with:

if ((num_checked==0) && (news_id.all_forums.checked==false) && (bookmarks_id.checked==false) && (pms1_id.checked==false))
Refresh the template and you are done.
mattintheweb

Post by mattintheweb »

Hey,
Just to let you know : I updated my phpBB3 forum and installed smartfeed 2.2.13 tonight, but it kept disconnecting me and telling me I was not autorised to access the ACP. I managed to isolate the problem by uploading a backup from scratch, then updating phpBB, then sending the files required by smartfeed one by one. It came from fonctions.php, and more precisely from this line :

// BEGIN Smartfeed 2.0 Modification
		'S_AUTO_ADVERTISE_PUBLIC_FEED'			=> isset($config['sf_auto_advertise_public_feed']) ? $config['sf_auto_advertise_public_feed'] : false,
		// END Smartfeed 2.0 Modification
I replaced it by this one :

'S_AUTO_ADVERTISE_PUBLIC_FEED'	=> (isset($config['sf_auto_advertise_public_feed'])) ? $config['sf_auto_advertise_public_feed'] : false,
Removing the comments or (more probably) adding a set of ( ) apparently made it work (though I really have no idea why, as it was just a blind try based on the syntax of the following lines - I don't know php... :roll:).
Does it make sense to anybody here or should I expect the problem to appear again ? Or maybe it can only have been me wrongly pasting the line before (3 times...) ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for this excellent mod ! :)
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

That's pretty strange, but I appreciate all the time you spent debugging this one. I will update my instructions and you will see the change in the next version.

The comments should not be an issue. The parenthesis, or the lack of it, is the likely issue.
mattintheweb

Post by mattintheweb »

Well actually, there's no error anymore on my homepage, but the feed itself is not really working yet...
I can access the page to set up a feed, but the url I get provides nothing but an error when added in Google Reader or Netvibes... I set off the IP autentification, but it still isn't working. Could it be because I use the French template ? Can't see why, but still,I can't see why the whole hing is not working here... :cry:

Anyway, I'll run a few more tests and let you know... ;)
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

The French language file could be the problem because there may be missing or changed language variables. I don't update them when I publish new versions. If you get a corrected version let me know and I will include it in the next release. Also make sure you make the language file changes language/fr/acp/board.php, language/fr/acp/common.php, and language/fr/help_faq.php,
MarkDHamill

Version 2.2.14 available for download

Post by MarkDHamill »

Obviously it is not yet approved by the phpBB Mod Team.

Download here

Change log:

* garbage_collection() function added to smartfeed.php. Some users were noticing that database connections were not being closed when smartfeed.php ended.
    * $user->lang['DIGEST_MAX_WORDS_NOTIFIER'] fixed to be $user->lang['SMARTFEED_MAX_WORDS_NOTIFIER'] in smartfeed.php.
    * You can now get a feed with private messages even if no forums are selected.
    * Solved the "ugly URL" problem. smartfeed_url.php will no longer generate URLs with ?& in the URL.
    * Added parentheses to an isset function to the file changes in functions.php.
    * DIY instructions provide guidance for making template changes if you are not using prosilver or subsilver2.
    * Fixed encrypt function in smartfeed_new_key.php so it calls TripleDES.php. It was incorrectly called DES.php.
Mickroz

Post by Mickroz »

hey mark, any change you could make your mod compatible with the mod version checker by handyman?
I don't need to "get a life." I'm a Gamer, I have lots of lives!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I am not familiar with that mod, but in general Mod Writers are supposed to provide "pure" mods, so I probably will not try to maintain compatibility for a particular mod.
Mickroz

Post by Mickroz »

well its quite easy actually
For Mod Authors
To use this mod, follow this checklist of instructions

1) Upload an XML file to your website, use the mods.xml as a template
note the xml structure -> <yourboardname><mods><mod_title>
the mod_title goes in the tag section of the version file found in root/adm/mods/

2) Create your version file.
Use the root/adm/mods/mod_version_check_version.php as an example

//your phpbb.com username only (you must be a registered member on phpbb.com)
'author' => 'Handyman`',

//Title of your mod (as you want it displayed)
'title' => 'MOD Version Check',

//the tag nameâ the one you are using in the XMLâ it's critical that the xml tag name matches this
'tag' => 'mod_version_check',

//your current installed mod version
'version' => '1.0.0',

//file location where you uploaded your xml update check file
//1) domain
//2) path
//3) filename (i.e. http://startrekguide.com/updatecheck/mods.xml)
'file' => array('startrekguide.com', 'updatecheck', 'mods.xml'),

3) Make sure to include the adm/mods/your_mod_version.php with your mod in the installation instructions
4) Make a note in your mod for the user to download the mod version check so they will be able to put this to good use.
Mod is located at http://startrekguide.com/forum/viewtopi ... =87&t=3584
mods.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mods>
	<mod_version_check>
		<author>MarkDHamill</author>
		<title LANG="en">phpBB Smartfeed</title>
		<description lang="en">Adds a feed to your board</description>
		<download>http://phpbbservices.com/smartfeed/</download>
		<announcement>http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1726785</announcement>
		<mod_version>
			<major>2</major>
			<minor>2</minor>
			<revision>14</revision>
			<release></release>
		</mod_version>
		<installation>
			<level>easy</level>
			<time>120</time>
			<target-version>
				<target-primary>3.0.5</target-primary>
				<target-major allow="exact">3</target-major>
				<target-minor allow="exact">0</target-minor>
			</target-version>
		</installation>
		<upgrade>
			<level>easy</level>
			<time>120</time>
			<target-version>
				<target-primary>3.0.5</target-primary>
				<target-major allow="exact">3</target-major>
				<target-minor allow="exact">0</target-minor>
			</target-version>
		</upgrade>
	</mod_version_check>
</mods>
phpbb_smartfeed_version.php

<?php
/**
* @package acp
* @version $Id: mod_version_check_version.php 48 2007-09-23 20:23:14Z Handyman $
* @copyright (c) 2005 phpBB Group
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* @package mod_version_check
*/
class phpbb_smartfeed_version
{
    function version()
    {
        return array(
            'author'    => 'MarkDHamill',
            'title'        => 'phpBB Smartfeed',
            'tag'        => 'phpbb_smartfeed',
            'version'    => '2.2.14',
            'file'        => array('phpbbservices.com', 'updatecheck', 'mods.xml'),
        );
    }
}

?>
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the request was to make Smartfeed interoperate with your mod on a board. I won't do that.

I could however move the versioning instructions into a XML tree as you suggest in a future release. Right now I follow the old phpBB 2 socket connect logic that pulls a text file and checks that version.
Mickroz

Post by Mickroz »

ok, would be great, since i really don't look often on the rss page.
valaraukar

Post by valaraukar »

* Sorry, my english is bad...

Hello!

I love this mod! I installed it in the correct way...no problem with editing, new pages or SQL request, but I have a problem when subscribing to my forum feed.

After adding my feed to RSS 2.0 to navigation toolbar, it supposed to look this way:

But this is how I see it: (I used the last picture...because I didn't take a screenshot form my forum, as it is a local hosting...meaning thata I don't have internet at home...)

The "?" marked feed doesn't apear!...I mean, instead of that list, It shows a meesage: "Couldn't create dinamyc marks" (No se pudo cargar los marcadores dinamicos).

But, in the arrow it shows my forum name, and when I enter, it showws the feed o.o)!

I installed smartfeed in a test forum, and it works like a charm, but for some reason it doesn't work in my forum... The only thing that I think I changed, is that in "host name" I puted my forum name... and in teh test forum I leave it as it was on default.

I'll bring SS next time... Oh! By the way, I have translated it to Spanish, so I'll bring the changelog and new language file next time...promise.

Thank you for reading! bye bye~

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”