Application form

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Application form

Post by JimA »

Bullsaj wrote:subsilver2 available ?
I haven't written anything for subsilver2.

But there was someone was made a file that worked on subsilver2. :)
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10526105
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

It's amazing the things one can find if one actually reads the topic, eh?
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Shadow of Nobody

Post by Shadow of Nobody »

As an addendum; I cannot speak for the previous poster asking about subsilver2, but I did see the solution to installing the mod on subsilver2, the reason I decided not to use it is as I specified in my previous post, I would rather not take the risk of possibly breaking something while editing a file I'm not entirely confident about.

Just making this post since it feels somewhat like RMcGirr83 was taking a jab at myself or 'Bullsaj', or both of us.
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

It is just a template file.. Making a few tests can't do any harm, even if the posted solution does not work.. ;)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
KomyOmy

Post by KomyOmy »

It's possible to send this application form using the private message ?
Artaryl

Post by Artaryl »

I've installed the mod, done quite a few modification. It was working at first but now I only get an empty page as you can see: http://www.realitydeviant.org/forums/application.php

I must be missing something but I can't find what. I went back to the 3 files and the code seems fine so I'm not sure now.

These are the modification done:

application.php

Code: Select all

$apply_post     = sprintf($user->lang['APPLICATION_MESSAGE'], $user->data['username'], utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('name', '', true)), $user->data['user_email'], request_var('location', '', true), request_var('age', '', true), request_var('clans', '', true), request_var('gaming', '', true), request_var('join', '', true), request_var('expect', '', true), request_var('games', '', true), request_var('genres', '', true), request_var('time', '', true), request_var('style', '', true), request_var('yourself', '', true), request_var('deviation', '', true), request_var('roleplay', '', true), request_var('character', '', true), request_var('rpage', '', true), request_var('description', '', true), request_var('rpstyle', '', true), request_var('rpagree', '', true));
template/appform_body.html

{L_APPLICATION_LOCATION} <input type="text" name="Location" /><br />
        {L_APPLICATION_AGE} <input type="text" name="Age" /><br />       
        {L_APPLICATION_CLANS}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Clans"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_GAMING}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Gaming"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_JOIN}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Join"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_EXPECT}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Expect"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_GAMES}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Games"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_GENRE}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Genres"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_TIME} <input type="text" name="Time" /><br /> 
	{L_APPLICATION_STYLE}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Style"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_YOURSELF}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Yourself"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_DEVIATION}
        <select name="Deviation:">
        <option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT}">{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT}</option>
	<option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT1}">{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT1}</option>
	<option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT2}">{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT2}</option>
	<option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT3}">{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT3}</option>
	<option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT4}">{L_APPLICATION_DEVIANT4}</option>
	</select>
	{L_APPLICATION_ROLEPLAY}
	<select name="Roleplay">
        <option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_RP1}">{L_APPLICATION_RP1}</option>
	<option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_RP2}">{L_APPLICATION_RP2}</option>
	</select>
	{L_APPLICATION_CHARACTER} <input type="text" name="Character" /><br />  
	{L_APPLICATION_RPAGE} <input type="text" name="RPAge" /><br />  
	{L_APPLICATION_DESCRIPTION}	<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="Description"></textarea>

<br /><br />
	{L_APPLICATION_RPSTYLE}<br />
        <textarea rows="5" cols="50" name="RPStyle"></textarea>

<br /><br />
        {L_APPLICATION_RPAGREE}
	<select name="RPAgree">
        <option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_RPAGREE1}">{L_APPLICATION_RPAGREE1}</option> 
	<option 
	value="{L_APPLICATION_RPAGREE2}">{L_APPLICATION_RPAGREE2}</option>
	</select>
        <br /><br />
mods/application.php

'LOGIN_APPLICATION_FORM'		=> 'You need to login before you can send out an application.',
	'APPLICATION_SUBJECT'			=> 'Admittance Request from %s',
	'APPLICATION_MESSAGE'			=> 'A Non-Deviant demand admittance into the Deviation, called [b] %1$s[/b].<br /><br />[b]Real name[/b]: %2$s<br />[b]E-mail address[/b]: %3$s<br />[b]Location[/b]: %4$s<br />[b]Age[/b]: %5$s<br /><br />[b]What experience do you have with clans and guilds?[/b]<br /> %6$s<br /><br />[b]What are your gaming experiences?[/b]<br /> %7$s<br /><br />[b]What can we expect from you if you are admitted in Reality Deviant?[/b]<br /> %8$s<br /><br />[b]What do you expect from Reality Deviant?[/b]<br /> %9$s<br /><br />[b]What are your favourite games?[/b]<br /> %10$s<br /><br />[b]What are your favourite gaming genre?[/b] %11$s<br />[b]How many hours do you spend on gaming in a week?[/b] %12$s<br /><br />[b]How would you describe your gaming style?[/b]<br /> %13$s<br /><br />[b]Please tell us a bit about yourself?[/b]<br /> %14$s<br /><br />[b]Which Deviation are you applying for?[/b] %15$s<br />[b]Will you Roleplay in Reality Deviant?[/b] %16$s<br />[b]What will be the name of your Character?[/b] %17$s<br />[b]What will be the Character age??[/b] %18$s<br />[b]Please provide a description of your character[/b]<br /> %19$s<br /><br />[b]What is your Roleplay style?[/b]<br /> %20$s<br /><br />[b]Do you agree to Roleplay only in the appropriate sections of the Forums?[/b] %21$s',
	'APPLICATION_SEND'			=> 'Your admittance request has been sent to the Deviation Origins. They’ll decide if ou are elligible to become a Deviant and will confirm their decision shortly with you.',
	'APPLICATION_PAGETITLE'			=> 'Admittance Request',

'APPLICATION_WELCOME_MESSAGE'	=> 'Welcome to Reality Deviant. You are about to demand admittance into the Deviation and become a Deviant. Please fill out this form and answer all the questions. The roleplay questions are optional.',
	'APPLICATION_REALNAME'			=> 'Real name',
	'APPLICATION_EMAIL'			=> 'E-mail address',
	'APPLICATION_LOCATION'			=> 'Location',
	'APPLICATION_AGE'			=> 'Age',
	'APPLICATION_CLANS'			=> 'What experience do you have with clans and guilds?',
	'APPLICATION_GAMING'			=> 'What are your gaming experiences?',
	'APPLICATION_JOIN'			=> 'What can we expect from you if you are admitted in Reality Deviant?',
	'APPLICATION_EXPECT'			=> 'What do you expect from Reality Deviant?',
	'APPLICATION_GAMES'			=> 'What are your favourite games?',
	'APPLICATION_GENRE'			=> 'What are your favourite gaming genre?',
	'APPLICATION_TIME'			=> 'How many hours do you spend on gaming in a week?',
	'APPLICATION_STYLE'			=> 'How would you describe your gaming style?',
	'APPLICATION_YOURSELF'			=> 'Please tell us a bit about yourself?',
	'APPLICATION_DEVIATION'			=> 'Which Deviation are you applying for?',
	'APPLICATION_DEVIANT'				=> 'All'
	'APPLICATION_DEVIANT1'				=> 'FPS Deviant',
	'APPLICATION_DEVIANT2'				=> 'MMOG Deviant',
	'APPLICATION_DEVIANT3'				=> 'RPG Deviant',
	'APPLICATION_DEVIANT4'				=> 'RTS Deviant',
	'APPLICATION_ROLEPLAY'			=> 'Will you Roleplay in Reality Deviant? If yes, please answers the following questions',
	'APPLICATION_RP1'				=> 'Yes'
	'APPLICATION_RP2'				=> 'No'
	'APPLICATION_CHARACTER'			=> 'What will be the name of your Character?',
	'APPLICATION_RPAGE'			=> 'What will be the Character age?',
	'APPLICATION_DESCRIPTION'			=> 'Please provide a description of your character',
	'APPLICATION_RPSTYLE'			=> 'What is your Roleplay style?',
	'APPLICATION_RPAGREE'			=> 'Do you agree to Roleplay only in the appropriate sections of the Forums?',
	'APPLICATION_RPAGREE1'				=> 'Yes'
	'APPLICATION_RPAGREE2'				=> 'No'
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Recheck your edits in the language file and make sure that it is saved as utf8 without bom.

EDIT: One part I noticed:

They’ll decide if ou are elligible to become 
Instead of "They'll" try writing "They will", or "They\' ll"
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
Artaryl

Post by Artaryl »

ChriZathens wrote:Recheck your edits in the language file and make sure that it is saved as utf8 without bom.

EDIT: One part I noticed:

They’ll decide if ou are elligible to become 
Instead of "They'll" try writing "They will", or "They\' ll"

I've check the language file, it's in UTF-8 and no BOM is showing but the problem would be coming from that file still. I've check with the original fine included in the mod and that one works perfectly where as the edited part doesn't.

EDIT: I've fixed the issue by using the original file and editing it again. It's working fine now.
pancettabuddy87

Post by pancettabuddy87 »

Where is the link for users to apply?
Also where can you find out the forum id?
jimanvlad

Post by jimanvlad »

I modified this to suit my needs but i have a problem. I pinpointed it and it leads to the language file which looks like this.

<?php
/**
* application [English]
* @package language
* @copyright (c) Jim http://beta-garden.com 2009
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(

'LOGIN_APPLICATION_FORM'		=> 'You need to login before you can send out an application.',
	'APPLICATION_SUBJECT'			=> 'Application of %6$s (%8$s %7$s)',
	'APPLICATION_MESSAGE'			=> 'This is the application of [b] %1$s[/b].<br /><br />[u][b]Player Details[/b][/u]<br /><br />[b]Real name[/b]: %2$s<br />[b]Age[/b]: %3$s<br />[b]Location[/b]: %4$s<br /><br />[b]Interests[/b]:%5$s<br /><br /><br />[u][b]Character Details[/b][/u]<br /><br /><br />[b]In-game Name[/b]:%6$s<br /><br />[b]Class[/b]:%7$s<br /><br />[b]Main Specialization[/b]:%8$s<br /><br />[b]Secondary Specialization[/b]:%9$s<br /><br />[b]Armory Link[/b]:%10$s<br /><br />[b]Time /played at 80[/b]:%11$s<br /><br />[b]WoW History[/b]:%12$s<br /><br /><br />[u][b]Technical Details[/b][/u]<br /><br /><br />[b]Computer Specs[/b]:%13$s<br /><br />[b]Connection[/b]:%14$s<br /><br /><br />[u][b]General Information[/b][/u]<br /><br /><br />[b]Ventrilo installed and ready to use[/b]:%15$s<br /><br />[b]Microphone available[/b]:%16$s<br /><br />[b]Personality[/b]:%17$s<br /><br />[b]How would you benefit the guild[/b]:%18$s<br /><br /><br />[u][b]Raiding Information[/b][/u]<br /><br /><br />[b]Experience[/b]:%19$s<br /><br />[b]Greatest Achievement[/b]:%20$s<br /><br />[b]How and what would you add to the raid[/b]:%21$s<br /><br />[b]Availability[/b]:%22$s<br /><br />[b]Screenshot[/b]:[img]%23$s[/img]<br /><br /><br />[u][b]Miscellaneous Information[/b][/u]<br /><br />[b]Anything else you would like to add?[/b]:%24$s<br />',
	'APPLICATION_SEND'				=> 'Your application has been posted! Check your application for approval (or denial) in the "Applications" section of our forum. Good luck!',
	'APPLICATION_PAGETITLE'			=> 'Eternal Dawn Application Form',

'APPLICATION_WELCOME_MESSAGE'	=> 'First of all thank you for applying to our guild! Please fill the fields below and then check your application for approval (or denial) in the "Applications section" of our forum. Good luck!',
	'APPLICATION_REALNAME'			=> 'Real name',
	'APPLICATION_AGE'				=> 'Age',
	'APPLICATION_LOCATION'			=> 'Location',
	'APPLICATION_INTERESTS'			=> 'Interests',
	'APPLICATION_INGAMENAME'		=> 'In-game Name',
	'APPLICATION_CLASS'				=> 'Class',
	'APPLICATION_MAINSPEC'			=> 'Main Spec',
	'APPLICATION_OFFSPEC'			=> 'Offspec',
	'APPLICATION_WOWARMORYLINK'		=> 'WoW Armory Link',
	'APPLICATION_TIMEPLAYED'		=> 'Time /played at 80',
	'APPLICATION_HISTORY'			=> 'WoW History (Guilds/Realms etc.)',
	'APPLICATION_COMPUTERSPECS'		=> 'Basic Computer Specs',
	'APPLICATION_CONNECTION'		=> 'Internet Connection (Wireless/ISP etc.)',
	'APPLICATION_VENT'				=> 'Do you have Ventrilo installed/ready to use',
	'APPLICATION_MIC'				=> 'Do you have a working microphone and are able to use it',
	'APPLICATION_PERSONALITY'		=> 'A brief description of your personality',
	'APPLICATION_BENEFIT'			=> 'How do you feel you would benefit the Guild both in and out of game?',
	'APPLICATION_EXPERIENCE'		=> 'Previous raiding experience',
	'APPLICATION_ACHIEVEMENT'		=> 'Greatest WoW achievement and why (raiding related)',
	'APPLICATION_ADDON'				=> 'List 3 Add-Ons that improve your performance and why',
	'APPLICATION_ADDTORAID'			=> 'What do you feel you would add to a raid?',
	'APPLICATION_AVAILABILITY'		=> 'Your raiding availability (please remember Eternal Dawn is a daytime -- 13:00-18:00 -- Raiding Guild)',
	'APPLICATION_SCREENSHOT'		=> 'Post a link to a screenshot of your UI along with your Character Pane open',
	'APPLICATION_MISC'				=> 'Please feel free to add any information you feel may benefit your application and aid us in making the right decision',

'APPLICATION_EMAIL'				=> 'E-mail address',
	'APPLICATION_POSITION'			=> 'Position you would like to have',
	'APPLICATION_YES'				=> 'Yes',
	'APPLICATION_NO'				=> 'No',
	'APPLICATION_WHY'				=> 'Why should we choose you for this position?',
));

?>
To be more exact, the problem is at 'APPLICATION_SUBJECT' and 'APPLICATION_MESSAGE'. After i fill in the fields and i press submit, i get a page could not be found (in chrome, or something related to a compression error in firefox) but my application does get posted but with the subject "0" (without quotation marks).

What is the problem ?

L.E.: Woops ! I forgot to actually add the values in the $apply_subject script -.- . My bad, problem fixed.
Dragonmoon

Post by Dragonmoon »

I really like this mod, but in adjusting it to my requirements i've run into some problems.

In my contact form I have a big number of checkboxes that have the following structure:

<input type="Checkbox" name="distance" value="30" id="magic" onChange="calculate(this)" />
<input type="Checkbox" name="detectaura" value="10" id="magic" onChange="calculate(this)" />
The value is needed to calculate Data via JavaScript for another field that will also be posted within a hidden field further down.
As I have about 100 of these kind of checkboxes the post in the forum looks not nice, because most options will not be checked by the users (it is a character tool). So what I would like to reach is that only these lines are posted with the Description where the coresponding checkbox has been checked. The value does not nedd to be posted but could be posted.
I tried around in the language file, that is responsible for the output but somehow i don't get it working.

Perhaps anyone here can give me helping hand with this.

Thanks in advance
Dragonmoon

Post by Dragonmoon »

Ok, no reply needed any more to my previous post. i got it sorted out. If anyone is interested in information how I got it working send me a PM. I don't want to post the solution here, as it as an out of the box solution that does not follow the codingguidelines for PHPBB (e.g. separation of language, template and php core code, but I currently did not find a way getting it running within these guidelines). f I have somehow mor time, I will perhaps try to update my modifications and write them down for a public release.
virtualfaker

Post by virtualfaker »

Hey. Great Mod, I like it.
But I have one question.

e.g.

There are 4 Teams to chose.
Every Team has 1 Forum on the Board.

Team 1
-> Subforum: Test
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4

Is it possible that, the application will be posted in the Subforum: Test of at e.g. Team 3, If someone chose Team 3 in the Mod?

Like this

Name : Testuser
Which Team? : Team 3

Why? : Because I'm godlike!

[Send]

If you clicked [Send] it will be posted in

Team 3 -> Subforum: Test

Not all post of all Teams in ONE Forum!

Sorry for my bad englisch XD
LFS_CR

Post by LFS_CR »

any live! demo to try?

regards !
Dragonmoon

Post by Dragonmoon »

@ virtualfaker

Your Problem should be quite easy to solve. First thin to be done is not to hardcode the Forum which is posted to. So get rid of the line

$forumid_send = XX;
Nexts step is to manipulate the form in the template so that it transfers the forumIDs as a value

<select name="team">
      				<option value="Forum ID for Team 1">Team 1</option>
      				<option value="Forum ID for Team 2">Team 2</option>
      				<option value="Forum ID for Team 3">Team 3</option>
			        <option value="Forum ID for Team 4">Team 4</option>
</select>
Replace in this form "Forum ID for Team X" by the number of the forum where it should be posted to.

Requesting the variable in the php file should than be done by adding:

$forumid_send = utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('team', '', true));
If you want to make sure that no one will missuse this post function to also post to other forums you should perhaps build an array with the forumsids that are allowed to be posted to and check first if the value fits into this array. The reason to do so is because the transferred value of the form could be manipulated by javaskript or the user itself.

Hope this helped a little bit

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”