Application form

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Application form

Post by JimA »

Yes, that is correct.
I didn't really test it, but it looks good to me, just like $apply_post was set. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
skargon

Post by skargon »

crazyace2007 wrote:Hello Jim,

Any way to allow users to add a subject title? Or could I have drop downs that they could pick from to create the subject?
Hey, I know I'm not JimA, but I was working on the same issue. Here's what I found :D

In your /language/en/mods/application.php (or what you name it) make a bunch of subject lines:

Code: Select all

'SUBJECT_LINE'			=> 'Subject of Topic?',
'SUBJECT_LINE1'				=> 'Subject Topic 1',
'SUBJECT_LINE2'				=> 'Subject Topic 2,
'SUBJECT_LINE3'				=> 'Subject Topic 3,
In your appform_body.html, add it like you would a standard dropdown

{L_SUBJECT_LINE}
        <select name="subject">
        <option value="{L_SUBJECT_LINE1}">{L_SUBJECT_LINE1}</option>
        <option value="{L_SUBJECT_LINE2}">{L_SUBJECT_LINE2}</option>
        <option value="{L_SUBJECT_LINE3}">{L_SUBJECT_LINE3}</option>
        </select>
In your /root/application.php, change the $apply_subject to have the new information.

$apply_subject  = sprintf($user->lang['APPLICATION_SUBJECT'], request_var('subject', '', true));
Then go back to your /language/en/mods/application.php and change your APPLICATION_SUBJECT

'APPLICATION_SUBJECT'			=> '%1$s',
When the post is submitted, %1$s' will become the subject chosen
Subject: Subject Topic 1
If you want them to be able to input their own... just trade out the "Drop-down" code with the standard "Input text code", and voila! You're good.

Hope this helps
Zason

Post by Zason »

Jim,

I also want to say thank you and tip my hat to this mod. It is simple and easy to install.

I would like to confirm:
It will work with any theme you may just have to do some custom edits to the theme files to make it "look" right.
It works with the mod Separate Login and User Name. I installed this mod before Application form since it takes 60 minutes. Then I installed Application form which when used, displays the correct information changed with Separate Login and User Name mod. Yay!

Help Request:
I am looking for a bit more from this and since I am a nub when it comes to PHP code, I thought I would ask the maker. I need 2 things at least: 1. Allow one "application.php" to have a dropdown menu that depending on the option changes the rest of the Application form. This is for a multi branch guild. However this can be applied to any website needing one app for multiple groups. and 2. able to have multiple, completely separate application.php forms neatly kept in a subfolder (ie: root/appliation/app.php)

I tried duplication the app and renaming all of the fields however due to my lack of expertise, it does not work. Could anyone help provide steps on what I would need to do to make renamed duplicates of this wonderful mod? (ie: application.php, application2.php, application3.php etcetc)

Thanks very much for any help that can be offered. >:+)

"Z"
Looking for help with: Linking separate PHPBB3 forum DB with a single User BD

phpBB Primetime - Not your daddy's portal.
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

I am not able to use this MOD with the Mod Messages mod. :( When pressing submit I get this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT mod_username FROM phpbb_posts WHERE post_id =

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1797
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: application.php
LINE: 71
CALL: submit_post()
in functions_posting:

// START Mod Message
	$sql = 'SELECT mod_username
		FROM ' . POSTS_TABLE . '
		WHERE post_id = ' . $data['post_id'];
	$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
	$mod_username = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
	$db->sql_freeresult($result);
	$data['mod_username'] = $mod_username['mod_username'];
// END Mod Message
the specific line is

$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
Duckz

Post by Duckz »

I have been hard at work today getting this script up and running on my clans test board that I plan to go live with soon. And I must say, this form is an absolute god send for what I am using it for. Makes recruitment an absolute breeze, with their applications going to a hidden forum where current members can discuss the application.

Here's a few screenshots of the finished product, all themed up :D
appform1.jpg
appform1.jpg (132.41 KiB) Viewed 10547 times
appform2.jpg
appform2.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 10547 times
appform3.jpg
appform3.jpg (98.34 KiB) Viewed 10547 times
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

Love this mod, quick and simple to install as well as being easy to change to suit ones own needs, thanks a lot.!!
Zason

Post by Zason »

Need some help. I figured a way for a multisite forum setup to use this mod, however I need to change the location of a file.

I need to change where the application mod looks for root/language/en/mod/application.php to root/sites/DOMAIN.com/language/en/mod/application.php
(Note: "DOMAIN.com" varies, not a constant folder name)

This is how it is setup:

root/application.php renamed to join.php

root/join.php is setup to forward the user to root/sites/DOMAIN.com/modules/application.php
(Note: This is also done in the config.php to allow for multiple sites with one installation with multiple databases.)

So far it works, however I am going to need the option to tailor the application questions per site. Currently it works flawlessly however the application questions are the same across all sites.

"Z"

mapquest

Post by mapquest »

How do i make this work with subsilver?
dutchbastard

Post by dutchbastard »

mapquest, that solution is on page 3 i believe...works beautifully.

I have a question of my own...
Is it possible to send the applicant a PM about his/her application after it is sent.
Perhaps with the info that was filled out, and an additional message about what happens next.

I know what happens next can be edited in the page that shows up right after submitting the form, but it would be nice if one could receive that message in their inbox so they can see it again later on.

So they would get a pm stating their application has been submitted for review, along with a summary of their application and a message saying: for any other questions, pm ...etc. etc

I suppose a summary of their application is not a big deal, but it would be nice if a set message could be sent out to anyone applying.

Thanks in advance...
And thanks a lot for this mod!, it comes in handy, also thanks to RMcGirr83 for the subsilver2 solution.
camena

Post by camena »

this is a dumb questions i am sure... or maybe a problem with my install...

but after i install... where do i find the form? how do users access it?

thanks in advanced for your help!
Zason

Post by Zason »

http://www.domainname.com/phpbb3/application.php
Use your domian name and point to your installation of the forums.

camena

Post by camena »

Thanks! i got an error when i did that but ill read through the forum and see if it has already been addressed... hopefully i wont need to ask anymore questions!

thanks again!
camena

Post by camena »

hmm ok i found an answer for one problem but it seemed to make a light of a new problem that i cannot find the answer for...

so first i recieved an error which seemed to be resolved when i added the quotes to the end of this:

submit_post('post', $apply_subject, '', POST_NORMAL, $poll, $data, ");
then it said that the appform_body.html was missing or blank... so i copied them from my prosilver folder to the style i am using now (which is prosilver based)

then i received this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/camena12/public_html/forum/application.php on line 72
this is whats on line 72

$message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['RETURN_INDEX'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx") . '">', '</a>');
my limited knowledge prevents me from knowing what that means or what should be done... any help would be greatly appreciated! p.s if i shouldnt have done any of those steps above please let me know, i was just trying to see if i could resolve on my own... but i dont really know what i am doing ;)
camena

Post by camena »

wow nevermind i just switched the order quote order after a href to ' " from " ' and it worked!

thanks again for your help!
Tenaciouspete

Post by Tenaciouspete »

Hey mate, I tried installing this on my test forum and I did everything it told me to do and I get this error at the top of my board. also the text is larger.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1

I get his error when I login to my ACP

Did I do anything right?

Perhaps this is not compatible with Phpbb3.0.7-PL1?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”