Application form

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
VickiFletcher
Registered User
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Application form

Post by VickiFletcher »

When the Application gets sent to the designated Forum, it isn't showing up as a NEW Post.
What do I need to change to make that happen so I know a new post has arrived?

THANKS!
Vicki
VickiFletcher
Registered User
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Application form

Post by VickiFletcher »

VickiFletcher wrote:When the Application gets sent to the designated Forum, it isn't showing up as a NEW Post.
What do I need to change to make that happen so I know a new post has arrived?

THANKS!
Vicki
Sometimes I must be blonde. I was using my own account for the testing, and of course, it wasn't showing up as a new message. It works perfectly when someone other than me submits the form.
THANKS for a wonderful and much needed MOD JimA!

Vicki
User avatar
Valace
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Re: Application form

Post by Valace »

Appears me and Antagonia still trying to find a fix to be able to use the form not logged in. Any code we can add or fix so our guest users of the forum can do this please.

Thanks

EDIT UPDATE:

Looks like I found a fix

Open Application.php and search for

Code: Select all

if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
{
    login_box('', $user->lang['LOGIN']);
} 
replace with

Code: Select all

if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
If cleared the cache and it still works. Lets just hope I do not get spams via this way :roll:
Image - Help look after the Earth and get green hosting
Free Domain: http://www.co.cc
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Posts: 21491
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Application form

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Can I ask why you would allow a guest to apply for a group when they aren't even registered on the forum and , therefore, not even a member of your forum?

Seems sort of odd to me.

BTW, as JimA stated, the mod relies on a users name and email address for the application form. Guests have neither so those entries viewed by whomever will be empty. How are you going to know who is applying for what?
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
User avatar
Valace
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Re: Application form

Post by Valace »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Can I ask why you would allow a guest to apply for a group when they aren't even registered on the forum and , therefore, not even a member of your forum?

Seems sort of odd to me.

BTW, as JimA stated, the mod relies on a users name and email address for the application form. Guests have neither so those entries viewed by whomever will be empty. How are you going to know who is applying for what?
:shock:

Well in short my forum a invite only forum but I would like to find new blood and the best way to vet some one is by feeling in a application form. What I like about this MOD is it posts to the forum where admin can review and then approve. Keeps the forum self working :)

I have managed to get the form working without a user logged in and then the form post as a guest user. However soon as you clear the cache you get a blank page, but I may of found the fix as shown on my last post above. So yes it does work not logged in ;)

I am very greatfull for the support JimA given and greatfull for a great MOD and I am sorry if I am pushing for the extra here and it may appear madess, but there is good reason :twisted: . Its the ablility for the MOD to post a form direct to the forum that makes it so special to me and the feature I love the most. :)

Hope that answer your question ;)
Image - Help look after the Earth and get green hosting
Free Domain: http://www.co.cc
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Posts: 21491
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Application form

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Valace wrote:Well in short my forum a invite only forum but I would like to find new blood and the best way to vet some one is by feeling in a application form. What I like about this MOD is it posts to the forum where admin can review and then approve. Keeps the forum self working :)
Instead of changing this mod all around, may I suggest an alternative? :)
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
User avatar
Valace
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Re: Application form

Post by Valace »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Valace wrote:Well in short my forum a invite only forum but I would like to find new blood and the best way to vet some one is by feeling in a application form. What I like about this MOD is it posts to the forum where admin can review and then approve. Keeps the forum self working :)
Instead of changing this mod all around, may I suggest an alternative? :)
Thanks so much for your suggestion but sadly it does not come in a application form where all the admin can view and accept via the forum system. Problem with a mailto feature only one person gets the mail and we all know every one will not answer all the questions. This is why webmaster love to use a form based contact us system :)

Again having it mail a form direct to the forum is the main feature I was after and I now resolved the problem making it public :)
Image - Help look after the Earth and get green hosting
Free Domain: http://www.co.cc
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Posts: 21491
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Application form

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Valace wrote:Thanks so much for your suggestion but sadly it does not come in a application form where all the admin can view and accept via the forum system. Problem with a mailto feature only one person gets the mail and we all know every one will not answer all the questions. This is why webmaster love to use a form based contact us system :)
It's ACP configurable to be either a post in a specified forum, or an email or private message.

eg, see this pic of one I just did to show you a post in a forum.

http://rmcgirr83.org/images/guest_contact.jpg

But glad you're happy with what you have.
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
gqgk
Registered User
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Application form

Post by gqgk »

Will this work with radio selections? If so will it display the correct answer in the post? I've been looking for this for some time now and just now came across it. Either way I am going to use it, I just want to know before I try it out in a live setting :lol:

UPDATE: it does work. i decided to try it after reading the code for the mod. its installed and works amazing! Thanks
messengermatt
Registered User
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:01 pm

Re: Application form

Post by messengermatt »

Hi,

I have added the mod and it looks great however the Real name and Position fields are very squashed together is there any way i can get the positions field to drop down a bit lower so it isnt squashed up?

http://arachnidaddicts.co.uk/application.php

Thanks
User avatar
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Posts: 7816
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 am
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn
Contact:

Re: Application form

Post by JimA »

Open the appform_body.html field and find:

Code: Select all

{L_APPLICATION_REALNAME} <input type="text" name="name" /><br />
Replace with:

Code: Select all

{L_APPLICATION_REALNAME} <input type="text" name="name" /><br /><br />
Refresh your templates afterwards.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
diedac
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Application form

Post by diedac »

excelent mod, thanks a lot
ricosuave
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 am

Re: Application form

Post by ricosuave »

Okay i installed every thing but when i apply it don't send anything any idea?
KLKhosting.com
Plan starting from 2$
cpanel much more
User avatar
ChriZathens
Registered User
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Name: Chris

Re: Application form

Post by ChriZathens »

In application.php there is a place to set the forum id. Did you set this to an existent forum?
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
ricosuave
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 am

Re: Application form

Post by ricosuave »

okay i have hidden forum, but how can i tell the forum id for tha certain forum.
KLKhosting.com
Plan starting from 2$
cpanel much more
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”