Application form

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Application form

Post by JimA »

When you enter the forum, at the end of the URL is a number, that's the forum ID. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

ricosuave wrote:okay i have hidden forum, but how can i tell the forum id for tha certain forum.

The forum we are inside now ([3.0.x] MOD Database releases) has the following URL:

Code: Select all

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=69
Notice f=69 at the end? 69 is the forum ID
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Hover your mouse over the link to the forum, the number will be the one after the f=
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
ricosuave
I've Been Banned!

Post by ricosuave »

Thank you. it works thank to every one that helped me the creator
KLKhosting.com
Plan starting from 2$
cpanel much more
cybercub

Post by cybercub »

This may be what I am looking for. What I need is something that a user will fill out about a game they created. The form then posts this particular board area in a uniformed way. My only concern is that I want users to be able to openly reply. Will this allow normal replies? Does this form work outside of the normal posting method via a link?

Thanks
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

If the topic where the form posts to, has permission for users to reply, then people will be able to reply. It is all depending to the permissions of the forum where the form posts. :)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
cybercub

Post by cybercub »

Great! I might try to mod this so that I have a drop down menu stating which category the game is under.

There will be the following forum setup

Games
--- RPG
---Action
---Adventure

etc..

Now the question will be is to get them to use the form and not have the "new topic" use the normal posting method. I would like to mention that there are other categories in the forum that will be used normally so modding the "new topic" button to load the application would mess up the rest of the forums.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

What you can do is just remove their permission to create new topics for that particular forum, that won't affect the working of the MOD, posts are posted anyway.

Go to Permissions, Groups' forum permissions.
Select the Registered users group and the forum you want this to apply for.
Click Advanced permissions and set "Can start new topics" to No.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
mikey12561

Post by mikey12561 »

Defiantly a great Mod. However there is a few problems that I can't figure out.

First I have 6 teams on my site. How do I allow three more to show up. I added them in the application.php file but nothing.

Also how do I make this visible to users. There is nothing shown on the board to let the user know that they can apply. I would like to do that for my users.
mikey12561

Post by mikey12561 »

Okay I did get the link thing fixed. I just created a forum and setup to be a link and it took me to the application. Still can't figure out how to add three more teams though.
cybercub

Post by cybercub »

JimA wrote:What you can do is just remove their permission to create new topics for that particular forum, that won't affect the working of the MOD, posts are posted anyway.

Go to Permissions, Groups' forum permissions.
Select the Registered users group and the forum you want this to apply for.
Click Advanced permissions and set "Can start new topics" to No.

THANKS!! Simple solution I love it. I do however use the "Serenity" theme... How do I know it's based on a compatilble style sheet?

Edited: Looks like subsilver based. I will try a fix for the app_form body html file as suggested in this forum for subsilver. I will post my experience setting it up once done.

TRIPLE EDITED: :D, ok did the subsilver app_form body as suggested and it all works perfectly!
cybercub

Post by cybercub »

I need some help badly for anyone willing to pm me or post here. I have set this up working fine as is. I attempted to edit the main three files (both applications.php and the html template).

All I wanted is the application program to ask and post the following,

Game Title:

Game Genre (Drop down with pre-listed genre's)

Sharing Server (Drop down with pre-listed servers)

Game Overview (can use the why section for this).

I edited the template already to where Username is now Game Title, Position is now Sharing Servers and Game overview is now the "why". My MAIN problem is I can not add the 2nd drop down for Game Genre!! I have tried everything and it refuses to show up on the form IE: Website.com/application.php you would fill out.
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

mikey12561 wrote:Okay I did get the link thing fixed. I just created a forum and setup to be a link and it took me to the application. Still can't figure out how to add three more teams though.
You must add them in the selection list in appform_body.html

<select name="postion">
</select>
Inside those tags you add them in order to be displayed
JimA has made a Howto in the 3d post of this topic about how to customize the form to your needs..
My mods in MODDB:
mikey12561

Post by mikey12561 »

ChriZathens wrote:
mikey12561 wrote:Okay I did get the link thing fixed. I just created a forum and setup to be a link and it took me to the application. Still can't figure out how to add three more teams though.
You must add them in the selection list in appform_body.html

<select name="postion">
</select>
Inside those tags you add them in order to be displayed
JimA has made a Howto in the 3d post of this topic about how to customize the form to your needs..
Thank you a bunch.
Valace

Post by Valace »

Just reinstalled your mod and works nicely now and I'v managed to get it to work for guest users also. Works much better then the other MOD that was recommend one or two posts back. :lol:
Image - Help look after the Earth and get green hosting
Free Domain: http://www.co.cc

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”