Separate Login and User Name

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
piegus

Re: Separate Login and User Name

Post by piegus »

@ameisez +1
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

Mudjosh wrote:Is there any chance of being able to use automod to install this? :?
Yes, you can use automod to install, as it was tested with automod and installation on a vanilla board for validation. You will still need to run the install script seperately
Formerly known as xceler8shun
cwag17

Post by cwag17 »

I also have the same problem as vmd....

ran the install.php the 1st time and I got an 404 screen in the browser. ran it again and got:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mssql_odbc ]

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'loginname' in table 'phpbb_users' is specified more than once. [S0021]

SQL

ALTER TABLE [phpbb_users] ADD [loginname] [varchar] (255) DEFAULT ('') NOT NULL

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mssql_odbc.php
LINE: 165
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 900
CALL: dbal_mssql_odbc->sql_query()

LINE: 1219
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->_sql_run_sql()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 117
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->sql_column_add()
the above error is because the table and columns were already added the 1st time I ran it. I cannot determine where it is dying when I get the 404 page. it looks like it is only adding the 2 colums in the users table.

I copied all files from the zip file and made all file edits that were called out in the install.xml. I actually did the whole process twice to ensure I didn't miss anything. Vmd...you ever get this error resolved? Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks
10mwbtk

Post by 10mwbtk »

Similar error using an Oracle DB after copying all of the files and editing all of the files. The first time I accessed the install/index.php, I received the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: remove_comments() in /phpBB3/install/functions_install.php on line 233
If I then go back to install/index.php, I receive the following:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ oracle ]

ORA-01430: column being added already exists in table [1430]

SQL

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD loginname varchar2(255) DEFAULT '' 

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/oracle.php
LINE: 343
CALL: dbal_oracle->sql_error()

LINE: 900
CALL: dbal_oracle->sql_query()

LINE: 1219
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->_sql_run_sql()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 117
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->sql_column_add()
This is with 2 separate installs one time using manual editting of files and the second install using automod.
vmd

Post by vmd »

Hi cwag17, unfortunately I never got this to work. Like you I tried it all again and when I tried to access the forum I got a 404 error? This is def a feature I want so do let me know if you crack it! Thanks
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

The mod was created on mysql, so I'll try and test on mssql and see if I can reproduce the error.
sitograph

Post by sitograph »

When using auth plugins - creating profile error.
But in fact the profile has successfully created, it simply does not find it.

Patch includes/auth.php, auth::login, 908

$sql = 'SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_passchg, user_email, user_type
  FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . "
  WHERE loginname_clean = '" . $db->sql_escape(utf8_clean_string($username)) . "'";
P.S. Custom auth plugins also requires a small correction
pit150384

Post by pit150384 »

Hello.

I'm having a little problem with this mod.

I had an IPB forum, and used the convert feature to make an PHPBB one. I installed this mod and had no problems, but he unfortunately uses the username to login, not the login name, which makes it useless.

Maybe something was lost in the conversion?
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

pit150384 wrote:Hello.

I'm having a little problem with this mod.

I had an IPB forum, and used the convert feature to make an PHPBB one. I installed this mod and had no problems, but he unfortunately uses the username to login, not the login name, which makes it useless.

Maybe something was lost in the conversion?

Im not sure what your actual problem is. I have had no experiences with IPB conversion
skargon

Post by skargon »

Hi. I love the mod, it's what I want for my forums, but I'm having a little problem.

I have admins other than the site admin, that I want to have access to the Admin Control Panel.

They can login using their "Login Name"; This gets them to the standard forums.

When they try to access the admin control panel, it asks them to re-authenticate.

When they try, it states they cannot "Re-authenticate as a different user".

This also happens if they try their username instead.

Help? I've had to disable this mod temporarily for fear it would do the same thing to the Site Admin account.

EDIT:

Forum information: Forums 3.0.5, installed 11/02/09
'Separate Login and User Name' Version 1.0.6 - Installed 11/07/09 Via Automod
Last edited by skargon on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skargon

Post by skargon »

Well, that sucks.

It didn't disable. Now I can't get into the Administrator Control Panel with any of my Administrator accounts.

So now I need to manually delete this mod so I can get back into my forums, and hopefully I don't have to do a full reinstall.

Assistance would be appreciated on solving this issue
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

HI skargon

Just checking, have all steps of the installation have been completed, file edits done, install.php run and cache cleared as welll as browser cache?

When the install file is run, the users current username is also made their login name by default, you may have missed a few edits in the authentication section of of the mod.

Did you use automod or manual edits?
What template are you using?
What other mods have you installed?
Also did you backup your files and database before installing the mod?

Send me a PM if you wish.

Cheers
Shane

ETA:

Have just performed a fresh install of 3.0.5 with automod on wamp and installed the mod and encountered no errors.
skargon

Post by skargon »

Fresh install of 3.0.5

Used Automod (After I fixed the issue there)

Got this in Debug mode:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/functions_install.php on line 212: Undefined property: dbal_mysql::$mysql_version
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3841: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3264)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3843: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3264)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3844: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3264)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3845: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3264)

Same issue. If I give an account with access to ACP a different username, then they can't re-authenticate.
skargon

Post by skargon »

EDIT

After going back to a fresh install, I added this mod through Automod.

I then went through and checked everything to make sure it all went to the correct place (files copied/modified)

When I got to the templates, none of that information had been changed.
styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html,
styles/prosilver/template/login_body.html,
styles/prosilver/template/ucp_profile_reg_details.html,
styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html,
styles/prosilver/template/viewforum_body.html,
I don't know if this is a problem with automod, or something on my system.

I made the changes manually, and it seems to work.
Crew

Post by Crew »

I have phpBB 3.0.6 & phpBB3 Portal 1.2.2.
1. After installing your MOD i can't login trough portal - every time i trying to do this i see "incorrect login" error. Same time i can freely login by default way with no error. Where and how i can fix this?

2. I can't find where and how users can change their login\user names. Test user have all priveleges, but in UCP i cant find form for this change, only for e-mail and pswd.

For test: test forum
Login: test
PSW: 123456

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”