Separate Login and User Name

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
nouveau

Re: Separate Login and User Name

Post by nouveau » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:17 am

Ferrari353 wrote:....are you serious? I just took like a week trying to get it to work and now its updated....Do i have to reinstall everything? I've never had to update a mod before...

There will be a 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 update xml file for you to follow, only a handful of changes and updating the database entry to 1.0.7 with UMIL
Formerly known as xceler8shun

Ferrari353

Post by Ferrari353 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:56 pm

wait so do I just download the whole thing again? or just the update file?

Ferrari353

Post by Ferrari353 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:42 am

HELP! I had the mod installed, but people on The Admin Zone told me not to use Prosilver because people won't come to my forum if I use it, so I switched to Black Pearl, but now the mod doesn't work with that. So now, I can't login at all....What do I do to fix this?? Or how do I make the mod work with black pearl style...?

Ferrari353

Post by Ferrari353 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 am

I did all the stuff to update the mod, but I can't run update_seplogin.php because I have to login but i CAN'T login....

Nvm...problem solved.

Zason

Post by Zason » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Have you cleared your cache? What theme are you using?

If you are using a theme you did not edit then you will not be able to log in.
Looking for help with: Linking separate PHPBB3 forum DB with a single User BD

phpBB Primetime - Not your daddy's portal.

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 am

Ferrari353 wrote:I did all the stuff to update the mod, but I can't run update_seplogin.php because I have to login but i CAN'T login....

Nvm...problem solved.
The file is actually install_seplogin.php and if the UMIL folder that comes with the MOD is copied over, you actually dont have to login as I disabled that requirement.

If it wasn't disabled, once code changes were made you wouldnt be able to authenticate as a user on the forum until the install script is run as the template files would be looking for loginname in the database and it wouldnt exist.

Anyway, glad you got the issue sorted.

On a side note, I actually prefer the Prosilver style rather than Black Pearl.

Ferrari353

Post by Ferrari353 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 am

yeah I like PS too, but people at TAZ told me not to use default styles....:( but I have to switch from black_pearl anyway....apparently, Mighty Gorgon codes differently or something idk, so its hard to install mods, and it's for more advanced ppls....I might use Prosilver SE but just use a diff logo

ill11

Post by ill11 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Firstly I would like to say thank you for your time and dedication to make such a beautiful MOD, but I have a problem with installing it
I've tried everything I could think of, I know I'm a total noob considering I started to do this couple of days ago, but here is my problem:
Everytime I install your MOD it all goes well, it install it successfully and login name is shown in box and all, but when i try and save the new login name or just even logout of my admin profile, This Error Msg. appears:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'loginname' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
I've installed it thru AutoMOD.

Please I would love to resolve this as soon as possible, to continue my work with this great MOD added.

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:49 am

Did you run the install script?

make sure that the UMIL folder that came with the mod is copied over, which it should have been if you used automod and the run install_seplogin.php file. Once it has run, delete the install file.

ill11

Post by ill11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:52 am

I know I sound like a rookie, and I know I am, but I think i did not run the install scrip, and yes I was looking up yesterday and I come across in DIY that I need to run the install_seplogin.php but I have no knowlage of how to run it nor what to do... Do I open it with browser or place it in my webhost space and run it?
Sorry for bother, and thanks for your help!

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 am

If you used automod, it automaticlly copies the files across to your host and places them in the correct areas.

You just need to run the install_seplogin.php file then delete it

The file should be in your phpbb root directory (such as http://yourdomainname/phpbb or whereever you have you have placed your phpbb installation on your server).

Make sure you have the UMIL folder that came with the MOD also copied across to your phpbb root directory.

You run the file in your browser. eg: http://yourdomainname/phpbb/install_seplogin.php

ill11

Post by ill11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Ok, still the same problem, just now installed new fresh clean version of php 3.0.6 without any MOD or theme, and automod did it's part, everything is in place where it should be, after that i entered in my url http://www.mydomain.com/phpBB/install_seplogin.php and it forwarded me to my board index, so I went back in admin index and tried to change my login name and as soon as I clicked save, screen with success went on and when I clicked anything to move from that screen, it automatically logged me out as user and forwarded me to my board index again, so I tried to login again and it popped the screen i quoted in my 1st post.

And that's all, so i don't know did I install the install_seplogin.php with putting it in url or not, but it seems it's not installed. I have no idea what it's sopose to tell me for me to know if it's installed or not.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: I figured it out :)

I have been keeping the install folder and trying to install it without deleting it, how stupid :D
Anyway thank you so very much for your time and effort, it's priceless.
Thank you once again, working like charm.

Verticalx

Post by Verticalx » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm

I have absolutely the same problem:

Code: Select all

Unknown column 'loginname' in 'field list' [1054]
I used AutoMOD to install

BUT.. now I cant login into phpbb at all and I can't create new users also.
When I try to run install_seplogin.php it redirects me to login page, and seems it doesn't make any changes. And still I cant login into the system. I think I know how it happened - because username & login fields mixed.

So now I can enter to phpbb admin panel at all.. don't know what 2 do..

I tried to clear phpbb3 cache at /cahche, overwrited umil copied over "umil" folder. No luck
my forum is http://afro-beat.ru/forum/
http://afro-beat.ru/ - MUSIC IS THE WEAPON OF FUTURE

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:08 am

You have to use the UMIL folder that came with the mod as it will let you run install_seplogin.php without logging into the ACP. Copy the UMIL folder that came with the MOD over to your phpbb installation and then run the install_seplogin.php file, it should run without issue.

Otherwise, reinstall with automod, but DO NOT logout after installation. As soon as automod has finished, run install_seplogin.php in the root directory and the file will run that way as well.

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:39 am

looking at the download for the MOD, the UMIL folder submitted for validation may have been overwritten. however to get past this error simply do the following.

navigate to the UMIL folder.

Open umil_auto.php

Find

// Display a login box if they are not logged in
if (!$user->data['is_registered'])
{
	login_box();
}
Replace with

// Display a login box if they are not logged in
/*if (!$user->data['is_registered'])
{
	login_box();
}*/
Find

// Check after initiating UMIL.
if ($user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
{
	trigger_error('FOUNDERS_ONLY');
}
Replace with

// Check after initiating UMIL.
/*if ($user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
{
	trigger_error('FOUNDERS_ONLY');
}*/
I'll test with 3.0.7 and resubmit for validation and make a note for MOD validators regarding umil_auto.php files, needing to be modified.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”