Separate Login and User Name

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MarudaGDA

Re: Separate Login and User Name

Post by MarudaGDA » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi there!

Unfortunatelly, it still ain't working on 3.0.7 version. I'm unable to login :( Would you like a "copy" of install folder to look around? It's a brand new install, so it's not a problem. *sigh* this one more (after troubles installing AutoMOD, not working MChat (still not working... :? ), and the forum will be completed (god, I hate mods :roll: )

Greets
MarudaGDA
Amateur phpBB forum Admin - not that hard! Just 200h of testing and almost everything works! :D

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 am

I will be testing on 3.0.7 tomorrow so will check to see if any issues have cropped up since the phpbb version change.
Formerly known as xceler8shun

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:03 am

Tested working on 3.0.7-PL1

Did you receive any errors installing with automod?

What errors do you receive when trying to login?

If you have made the code changes and are unable to login to run the install_seplogin.php file, you will need to make the required changes to umil_auto.php on the previous page.

MarudaGDA

Post by MarudaGDA » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi there!

There was no such file as install_seplogin.php on 1.0.6 file I downloaded - that's the problem probably. I just downloaded the 1.0.7 ver - and there it is (attaching 1.0.6 file I have - maybe I'm just blind).

Anyway, before your recent post (all install messages were saying everything's fine. I had this issue with AutoMOD with a file call to root dir, but I used the solution from previous posts - and everything worked just fine. Editing files, as suggested in prev pages turned out nothing to solve the problem. AutoMOD reported all actions went fine and correct) the message I was receiving was:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'loginname' in 'field list' [1054]

Trying the new, 1.0.7 install version. I'll edit this post as soon, as I'll test it.

I'm receiving an error message about : styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html FIND and REPLACE: The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

After Force Install, I've received a message from AM:

Do It Yourself Instructions
Navigate to the install_seplogin.php file in your root directory.
For new installations. this will run the required SQL queries and also add in the ACP Disallow Login Name module under User and Groups > User Security in module management.
Once you have successfully run the install script file, delete the install_seplogin.php and the UMIL folder.
For upgrading a previous installation, this may add new features and udate the version number.
Dont forget to clear the cache and refresh the styles after running the installation script and making the required code changes.
The modification will need to be either activated or deactivated in the User Rgistration setting tab located under Board Configuration.
Group and / or user permissions will also need to be set for the correct operation of the modification.
If using AutoMOD, dont forget to install the subsilver2 changes via the details link.

So I did. And it seems it works. I'll put few users on to it, to see if they can brake it. But hopefully, it's solved. THANK YOU.

Your newset best friend ;)
MarudaGDA
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Amateur phpBB forum Admin - not that hard! Just 200h of testing and almost everything works! :D

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 am

Version 1.0.6 had a different install system, I moved to UMIL in version 1.0.7 which has install_seplogin.php

The error below is from not running the install script.

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'loginname' in 'field list' [1054]
The issue with automod and styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html is a whitespace error, which I thought I had corrected in 1.0.7, looks like it'll have to happen in 1.0.8 whenever that will be.

firem@n

Post by firem@n » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:01 pm

@xceler8shun--
So what are you saying here?

1. 1.0.7 will work on 3.0.7-PL, but only with a manual install, not automod
2. 1.0.7 will not work on 3.0.7 at all
3. 1.0.7 will work on 3.0.6
4. 1.0.7 will not work on any phpbb3 version
5. 1.0.6 will work on... ???

Thanks

MarudaGDA

Post by MarudaGDA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi there!

1.0.7 worked fine for me on phpBB 3.0.7-PL after installing with AutoMOD. If you experience any trouble after the install, try the manual install_seplogin execution.

See ya!
MarudaGDA

I did a clear install again :D And there was this problem reported by AutoMOD:

styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html
Find

<dl>
<dt><label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label><br /><span>{L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_USERNAME}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="email">{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="2" name="email" id="email" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="email_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="3" name="email_confirm" id="email_confirm" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL_CONFIRM}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="new_password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label><br /><span>{L_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
<dd><input type="password" tabindex="4" name="new_password" id="new_password" size="25" value="{PASSWORD}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_NEW_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="password_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="password" tabindex="5" name="password_confirm" id="password_confirm" size="25" value="{PASSWORD_CONFIRM}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
</dl>

Replace With

<!-- Start Sep Login Name Mod -->
<dl>
<dt><label for="loginname">{L_LOGINNAME}:</label><br /><span>{L_LOGINNAME_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="1" name="loginname" id="loginname" size="25" value="{LOGINNAME}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_LOGINNAME}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label><br /><span>{L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="2" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_USERNAME}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="email">{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="3" name="email" id="email" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="email_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="4" name="email_confirm" id="email_confirm" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL_CONFIRM}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="new_password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label><br /><span>{L_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
<dd><input type="password" tabindex="5" name="new_password" id="new_password" size="25" value="{PASSWORD}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_NEW_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt><label for="password_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="password" tabindex="6" name="password_confirm" id="password_confirm" size="25" value="{PASSWORD_CONFIRM}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
</dl>
<!-- End Sep Login Name Mod -->

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

firem@n

Post by firem@n » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:01 pm

I got that as well with AutoMOD. How did you work around that? Did you just do a manual install on that file alone? I tried that but I got several duplicate login name boxes on my ACP login. Wierd

MarudaGDA

Post by MarudaGDA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

I simply choose 'Force install' and then launch the install_seplogin.php manually. I have this suspition, that the best way to install this MOD in to NOT use AutoMod. Anyways, I have no problem with it, even with this misfire with AM - everything works fine. Right now, I'm planning to make yet another clear phpBB install, and then install SL/U before AM (along with ACP User Add MOD - which is giving me a lot of trouble) to see, if everything will go well. Especially with ACP User Add.

Best regards
MarudaGDA

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 pm

firem@n wrote:@xceler8shun--
So what are you saying here?

1. 1.0.7 will work on 3.0.7-PL, but only with a manual install, not automod
2. 1.0.7 will not work on 3.0.7 at all
3. 1.0.7 will work on 3.0.6
4. 1.0.7 will not work on any phpbb3 version
5. 1.0.6 will work on... ???

Thanks
The MOD works on both 3.0.6 and 3.0.7-PL1

There is a whitespace error in the install.xml file which throws up the automod error for styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html.

You could use automod to install the MOD and simply do a manual file edit on styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html to correct the file to what it should be. Deleting any duplicates that are made from the force install.

After making all the file changes you then run install_seplogin.php to make the database changes.

firem@n

Post by firem@n » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm

thanks "X"

MarudaGDA

Post by MarudaGDA » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi there!

I have a question: is a separate username andded to *required* fileds/names/types just like login name? I took this *required* thing from ACP Add user MOD, which is using (as I understand it) this list to generate fields for registration new users from APC (i obviously love to repeat myself :? ).

I'm able to get things going eith your MOD (manual file edit, purging cache). BTW, after i edit the template for registering users, and I ran the install_seplogin.php, it took me to install screen, so I've quit, and purged the cache only to see it's working.

Still, I can't seem to make Add user mod to 'see' the additionall field. Would you look (if it's fine between MOD creators) into AUACP files (there are 4 of them, no system file manipulation) to see, if there are any changes nececery so I could post in the AUACP section? I'm too poor in PHP to do it myself, I'm afraid.

See ya!
MarudaGDA

mathken330

Post by mathken330 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:24 pm

yeah...I also wonder how this would work with the ACP Add User Mod by Highway Of Life
(In case people wanted to see this mod, i've placed a link.)
--
Kenneth Tran

nouveau

Post by nouveau » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 pm

I haven't tested the mod with ACP Add User, I will test out and write up some instructions if compatible.

To answer the other question, the loginname field is a required field on the registration page.

nixshadow

Post by nixshadow » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:49 am

I need some help/support
I added this mos and it all went fine, but now I am getting an error.
In the login area, instead of Username: Password:
It says { Loginname }: Password:
And it won't let me sign into admin to delete the mod (I know it's the mod causing the error.)
I'm also getting this mysql error.

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table '(Namecensor).DISALLOW_LOGIN_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]
Is there anyway I can manually create that table? I believe that will fix it.

Any help, much thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”