Fancy jQuery Captcha

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Mickroz

Re: Fancy jQuery Captcha

Post by Mickroz »

learned again,tnx!
I don't need to "get a life." I'm a Gamer, I have lots of lives!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.
evolic

Post by evolic »

Hi,
Big thanks for great module.
I fixed some issues:
- more pictures support
- added labels for pictures (can be translated)
- fixed problem with Captcha when adding new posts

I am using style proFormell, so all changes have been made to this style.
I hope it will be readable for you - if not I will try to show explicate, what was changed.

[I deleted files]
Last edited by evolic on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Absinthe Minded

Post by Absinthe Minded »

OK, hello again, all,

I've upgraded to the latest version of phpbb and installed the CAPTCHA mod via AutoMod.

CAPTCHA appears in my ACP preview, but nowhere else (i.e. registration).

I'm using the 610nm board theme, if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AM.

Edit: In fact, none of the CAPTCHA mods I've installed will work on the board although all of them seem to preview in the ACP.
mtotheikle

Post by mtotheikle »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not replying. I will be looking through all these posts today and try to fix everything going on.

@evolic Thanks for that, I will add it to the main mod and put you as a contributor!
New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing? Then phpBB Academy is the place for you!

No support via PM, I will not respond!

miffy320i

Post by miffy320i »

Using 3.0.6 with ProSilver SE style.

This mod works for posts(replies), but when a guest starts a new topics(threads) the captcha plugin has no effect. The guests can start a topics(threads) without dragging anything in the captcha.

Am I missing something or is this captcha thing supposed to work only on posts(replies) and not topics(threads)?
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

I'm using 3.0.6 with Prosilver SE Style.
Tested it by trying to make a new topic and reply to one as a guest.
In both cases, I move the correct image to the drop location. Each time the image remains on top of the location. I then proceed to submit the topic/reply to only be asked to move the correct image to the drop location. I've already done this...

I'm using the latest FF3 web browser. I know I tested this before on another forum and it worked fine. As I recall, the image I drop on the location disappears after doing so. I could be wrong on that. Regardless, it's not working for me at the moment.
Bob276

Post by Bob276 »

OK, this is so simple but it has woped my ass.

New Install
phpBB3.0.6
se_square_left

I have Fancy jQuery Captcha installed.
Shows up in ACP
Does Not show on registeration page.
Refreshed and Purged

I did install in se_square_left instead of prosilver.

Re-checked all my file placements and I tried the images outside the Captcha folder directly in the image folder. I can re-config back to the default Captcha and works fine.

Any help Appreciated.
mtotheikle

Post by mtotheikle »

You need to make sure that you select this captcha to be the captcha the board uses. If se_square_left is not up to date though, you will have problems when using this MOD since the templates need to be updated.
New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing? Then phpBB Academy is the place for you!

No support via PM, I will not respond!

Bob276

Post by Bob276 »

mtotheikle wrote:You need to make sure that you select this captcha to be the captcha the board uses. If se_square_left is not up to date though, you will have problems when using this MOD since the templates need to be updated.

Thank you mtotheikle,

yes, I have it selected and it display's in the ACP when I configure it. Not sure about the Template being up to date. I will do it in prosilver and see.

Appreciate the advise.
Bob276

Post by Bob276 »

Bob276 wrote:
mtotheikle wrote:You need to make sure that you select this captcha to be the captcha the board uses. If se_square_left is not up to date though, you will have problems when using this MOD since the templates need to be updated.

Thank you mtotheikle,

yes, I have it selected and it display's in the ACP when I configure it. Not sure about the Template being up to date. I will do it in prosilver and see.

Appreciate the advise.

Thank You again mtotheikle, It works great on prosilver_se. Must be se_square_left template.
evolic

Post by evolic »

Hello again,
I will send all required and updated files directly to author of this mod.
I got information that previously uploaded files are not in good format - it is possible.
I will try to fix it :-)
evolic

Post by evolic »

Sorry for spamming, but I need to have at least 5 posts on this forum to can send PM messages to forum's users :(
Mtotheikle, could you send me your email address via PM, because I cannot contact with you unless I have so small number of posts in this forum? I have a few important messages for you.
Thanks!
realsmack

Post by realsmack »

I installed this the other day, thinking that it would be uncrackable.

But I'm still gettting spam bots registering! how can this be?

registration settings: visual confirmation enabled
CAPTCHA settings: all enabled, jQuery selected

Am I missing something? Can they be getting in some other way? I tested the registration process and I couldn't circumvent the CAPTCHA. Just wondering if there's some sort of exploit to get around this.

The only way I'm able to stop them is to vet each and every registration. I'll do it, but honestly...

Any suggestions welcome.
evolic

Post by evolic »

realsmack wrote:I installed this the other day, thinking that it would be uncrackable.

But I'm still gettting spam bots registering! how can this be?

registration settings: visual confirmation enabled
CAPTCHA settings: all enabled, jQuery selected

Am I missing something? Can they be getting in some other way? I tested the registration process and I couldn't circumvent the CAPTCHA. Just wondering if there's some sort of exploit to get around this.

The only way I'm able to stop them is to vet each and every registration. I'll do it, but honestly...

Any suggestions welcome.
Hi realsmack,
In my previous post I was asking author of this mod to contact me directly, because after making some patches for this mod and analysis mod's code I discovered that this captcha solution is completely weak!
Trust me, you couldn't believed how easy you can crack it!
But this is my next post and when I wrote all 5 I will send detailed information to this plugin's author what we could do ;)
evolic

Post by evolic »

My modifications with all code posted on my website.
In our forum we are using proFormell style (don't ask why - I don't know) and I was working to make it work with this captcha solution. I fixed a few problems, added a few features:
1) more pictures support
- rewrote JS - it seems to be simpler now
2) added labels for pictures (can be translated)
- see language files
3) fixed problem with Captcha when adding new posts
- modified phpbb files: added new forum variable (Smarty): FORM_ID, which describes if we are on register, or posting subpage (there was problem with invalid form ID)

Please notice that there are old files in prosilver style - my modifications are present in proFormell style.
If you can check the changes (for example with Eclipse or Linux diff command) you can see precisely what had been changed.

You can find updated files in here:
*REMOVED DUE TO SECURITY ISSUE*
Last edited by evolic on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”