Fancy jQuery Captcha

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
realsmack

Re: Fancy jQuery Captcha

Post by realsmack » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Interesting!

Okay, I'll have to check this when I'm on my home computer where I've got the code for this site. I'm interested to see what changed and why.

miffy320i

Post by miffy320i » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:39 pm

After downloading, renaming them like that does not work.

I get error while extracting with winrar/winzip. :ugeek:

mtotheikle

Post by mtotheikle » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 am

miffy320i wrote:After downloading, renaming them like that does not work.

I get error while extracting with winrar/winzip. :ugeek:
Yes those files are not zipped like normal and you will not be able to open them unless you rename them like he said.

As far as this captcha being easy to break. Yes it is not the strongest captcha, however I am not the one who wrote the CAPTCHA it self, I simply just integrated it into phpBB for more people to enjoy. Since this CAPTCHA is not a CAPTCHA that is included by default in any web application, the chance of a bot being created to break this are slim.

As for an update on the MOD's development. The next release will have support for custom images as well as a couple other features. I will also be improving it to make it harder for bots to break this CAPTCHA. For an easy update to the new version which I will be releasing soon, it is best if you do not install any custom patches.

I appreciate evolic adding some new features, however the patch files modify more than the necessary files and can cause more issues with your board.
New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing? Then phpBB Academy is the place for you!

No support via PM, I will not respond!

evolic

Post by evolic » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:16 pm

mtotheikle wrote: I appreciate evolic adding some new features, however the patch files modify more than the necessary files and can cause more issues with your board.
Can you explain?

mtotheikle

Post by mtotheikle » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:12 pm

The patch file contained multiple edits to unnecessary files at first, however now I see you have re-uploaded the files. While it contains a few unnecessary files for people such as posting.php which if someone modified and then uploaded this version, it could cause problems on their board.
New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing? Then phpBB Academy is the place for you!

evolic

Post by evolic » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:23 am

mtotheikle wrote:The patch file contained multiple edits to unnecessary files at first, however now I see you have re-uploaded the files. While it contains a few unnecessary files for people such as posting.php which if someone modified and then uploaded this version, it could cause problems on their board.
Hello,
I am too lazy and maybe too busy, because I posted here complete code, not just information what you should change in my opinion. I am programmer and I use some tools like SVN, Eclipse, DIFF, PATCH and other, but many people on this forum may don't.
So if I find some time (I cannot promise it) I will try to describe what should be changed in which line, because it will be easier for many people.

In mentioned file: 'posting.php' I have made one big difference, added FORM_ID, which is used to fix bug with problems with captcha when you were trying to post new topic on add new post. The problem was that in the captcha code, there was literally written form id 'register', which was valid on register subpage but absolutely wrong on subpage allowing user to add new post. There should be used id 'postform'. I agree that there could be some files, which are not needed, for example:
- captcha_default.html
- captcha_qa.html
- captcha_recaptcha.html
but these files were not present in proFormell style, which is used in our forum, so I added it to the ZIP for this style. You will not find these files in prosilver style, which we don't use at all (but I also didn't fix files for this style - they are unchanged).

My changes shouldn't cause any problems unless
- you are not using phpbb 3.0.6 (which I am using)
- or you modified these files yourself because of something (ucp_register.php, posting.php, posting_layout.html, login_body.html)

mtotheikle is right that there are some extra files:
- posting_editor.html
- functions.php
which were added but they shouldn't. I remove them from the ZIP file (reuploaded). I am not sure if there are any differences between these files in ZIP and these same files from version 3.0.6 (probably not).

I hope now it will be more clear.

RedCraft

Post by RedCraft » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:45 pm

works fine! thanks

Russian translate
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

mtotheikle

Post by mtotheikle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:32 am

Thank you everyone for helping contribute to this mod, I am working on an update and will release it soon.

Thanks!

user751139

Post by user751139 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Does this work with SubSilver style? Ive uploaded the content with no error, but when i get to my register page it's not there...

user751139

Post by user751139 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:01 pm

anybody?

evolic

Post by evolic » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:40 pm

This plugin was intended to work with prosilver theme. Try to check what files are added to prosilver directory and add them to your subsilver directory. It should be working. I did something similar with ProFormell theme and it was working :)

hoangngan.net

Post by hoangngan.net » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

not support style SubSilver

Widmo696

Post by Widmo696 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Please delete this post.
Forgive me my English.

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:50 pm

great captcha plugin thanks!!!!! :mrgreen:

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:04 pm

There is a problem related with this captcha. When it is active, the footer for the registration page gets messed up going over the fields etc... and other custom pages too... when it is disabled everything is ok.

what's the problem?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”