Sortables CAPTCHA Plugin

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MartialArtist

Re: Sortables CAPTCHA Plugin

Post by MartialArtist »

Will this work with any template or just for prosilver? Hope you can make it work with any templates later. Thanks!
Eriamjh1138

Post by Eriamjh1138 »

Eriamjh1138 wrote:
Eriamjh1138 wrote:One whole week and not a single spam registration or post.
Two weeks now. :D
Four weeks plus and NO spammers!

I do a have a few accounts that have not been activated, but they are not from spammers, just people who don't check their email.
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

ive just installed this mod to a fresh board ive installed, so empty database, standard style etc. the opion shows up in ACP, ive set a question and answers, but nothing shows up when a user tries to register

how can i fix this?
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

Weird, mine isn't showing up all of the sudden, been getting emails from users trying to register.

Code: Select all

$(function() {
	// Javascript nubs
	document.getElementById('enable_js').style.display = 'block';

$("#sortable1, #sortable2").sortable({
		connectWith: '.connectedSortable',
		items: 'li',
		forcePlaceholderSize: true,
		placeholder: 'bg3'

}).disableSelection();

$("#sortable1, #sortable2").bind('sortreceive', function(event, ui) {
		// If the left or right column receive an item, put the child nodes in an array
		var arrSortableListItemsLeft = $( "#sortable1" ).children();
		var arrSortableListItemsRight = $( "#sortable2" ).children();

// And create hidden input fields
		createdata(arrSortableListItemsLeft, 'sortables_options_left', '#sortables_options_left');
		createdata(arrSortableListItemsRight, 'sortables_options_right', '#sortables_options_right');
	});
});
madd74

Post by madd74 »

Eriamjh1138 wrote:
Eriamjh1138 wrote:

I do a have a few accounts that have not been activated, but they are not from spammers, just people who don't check their email.
How do you KNOW it is from people who are not checking their email? :)

What I am curious, is how this would work on something like a cell phone. I know that you had a <noscript> that I believe you removed when some bots were getting through the radio check boxes. I use a anti-JS for places I do not know, so adding to the whole anti-JS side, if I came across a forum that required it and I could not otherwise get through, I would be turned off.

Some people I know do almost all surfing on the cell, the reason I asked about it.
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

If they are surfing the net on their cellphone most of the time, they have java-script on the browser and it's a smartphone. Even with noscript or javascript off(which IMO is a pain because i end up enabling most the of the sites i visit), that is there choice. 98% of internet users have java-script enabled.

Why would you register on a site and not check your email afterward to activate your account? Before I installed this captcha, i would have about 5 inactive accounts that were never activated. Doing a simple search on stopforumspam.com reveals they were spammers. Now i still have people register and don't bother posting, those are not spammers. I allowed downloads for guests, so there isn't a reason to register and not post, but they still do.

This mod combined with the advanced block mod stopped 100% of spam registrations. I am not sure if the advanced mod blocks the spambot before it even submits the form or after, but I do get entries in the block log. So either this captcha has been broken or the advanced block mod blocks the bot when loading the registration form.

Edit: It appears this captcha has been broken already, most of the entries in my block log are timezone checks, which wouldn't be blocked until the registration forum has been submitted. If the client knows the correct value for captha, the captcha is useless.
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by Derky »

Stu83 wrote:ive just installed this mod to a fresh board ive installed, so empty database, standard style etc. the opion shows up in ACP, ive set a question and answers, but nothing shows up when a user tries to register

how can i fix this?
Are you just seeing the (old) default phpBB3 captcha? Or nothing at all?
sevenalive wrote:Weird, mine isn't showing up all of the sudden, been getting emails from users trying to register.

Code: Select all

I see you have removed the <noscript> part. So it's working fine, but only if you have JavaScript enabled.
madd74 wrote:What I am curious, is how this would work on something like a cell phone. I know that you had a <noscript> that I believe you removed when some bots were getting through the radio check boxes. I use a anti-JS for places I do not know, so adding to the whole anti-JS side, if I came across a forum that required it and I could not otherwise get through, I would be turned off.

Some people I know do almost all surfing on the cell, the reason I asked about it.
By default the <noscript> function is still in it.
sevenalive wrote:Edit: It appears this captcha has been broken already, most of the entries in my block log are timezone checks, which wouldn't be blocked until the registration forum has been submitted. If the client knows the correct value for captha, the captcha is useless.
I think your timezone checker is running before the captcha factory is called. Therefore it will be logged everytime. :)
Eriamjh1138

Post by Eriamjh1138 »

madd74 wrote:
Eriamjh1138 wrote:
Eriamjh1138 wrote:

How do you KNOW it is from people who are not checking their email? :)
I can tell by the usernames.

By the way, no spammers yet (5.5 weeks).
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

Derky wrote:
Stu83 wrote:ive just installed this mod to a fresh board ive installed, so empty database, standard style etc. the opion shows up in ACP, ive set a question and answers, but nothing shows up when a user tries to register

how can i fix this?
Are you just seeing the (old) default phpBB3 captcha? Or nothing at all?
nothing at all

sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

You need to copy over the jquery js files in your prosilver template to the template folder you are using. If you using prosilver, then you JS files never got copied over. I solved the same problem.
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

thanks for that. i see what i done now, i put the js files straight into the template folder and not into a js folder within that. all working fine now though :D
23LBJ23

Post by 23LBJ23 »

Does this work with any theme? Can I make it work for my AeroBlack theme?
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by Derky »

Sorry for my late reply.
Yes you can use this on the AeroBlack style. Use the subsilver2 installation instructions and apply them to AeroBlack. ;)
The_Curt_Jester

Post by The_Curt_Jester »

The_Curt_Jester wrote:I decided to try installing this mod and I've had partial success. If I switch back to prosilver as the default style (which I have done temporarily) it works just fine. The problem is that I've been using a template called Chronicles (based on prosilver1) and the mod doesn't work on it. Now, Chronicles is, sadly, a template from PhpBB 2 and I've just fixed it up a bit to work with the current PhpBB version, but apparently it's not fixed well enough to make the mod work.

Is there any way to run this mod with an old template? My forum is actually the latest version of phpBB, so that isn't the problem.

Thanks!
I know I'm quoting myself here, but is there any chance I could get this answered? Even a simple "No that cannot be done" would be better than no answer at all, though I'd prefer not to hear that. :P

Thanks!
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

You could update the style and template your using by following the changelog posted in the styles section.

Or you can use WinMerge or another tool and compare and merge the differences between prosilver and your style. If your running an out of date style, it may cause other problems and conflicts, so I suggest you update that style or find another one that is up to date.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”