Legend Repositioning

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Lawyer

Re: Legend Repositioning

Post by Lawyer »

Thank you Tom, First error with link:

Code: Select all

The XML page cannot be displayed 
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML documen...

turm

Post by turm »

Hi

I seem to have gotten this installed without a hitch, but when I went to my ACP to test it out, I got this message:
You have installed the Legend Repositioning MOD correctly, but it seems that you have not run the SQL installation file yet.

The file should be located in the phpBB root directory and is named legend_positioning_sql.php. Please run the file to complete the installation of this MOD.
I didn't find this anywhere in the zip file for this mod. Where do I get it?

Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Post by Tom »

Lawyer wrote:Thank you Tom, First error with link:

Code: Select all

The XML page cannot be displayed 
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML documen...

It seems to be a problem with Safari and Internet Explorer. Anyway, it should be fixed now.
turm wrote:Hi

I seem to have gotten this installed without a hitch, but when I went to my ACP to test it out, I got this message:
You have installed the Legend Repositioning MOD correctly, but it seems that you have not run the SQL installation file yet.

The file should be located in the phpBB root directory and is named legend_positioning_sql.php. Please run the file to complete the installation of this MOD.
I didn't find this anywhere in the zip file for this mod. Where do I get it?
Sorry, the name of that file is actually install_legend_repositioning.php and it should be located in the root of your phpBB installation. It seems that I forgot to change the name of the installation file in the language files. Let me know if you still can't find it, but it should have been included in the .zip file, just under that different name.

By the way, what version of Legend Repositioning MOD did you install? Was if version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1? Just curious because that message shouldn't be showing in the ACP with version 1.0.1.
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

turm

Post by turm »

I have done that, and the error remains.

I probably installed the first version. Where is the newer version so I can try that instead? Do I have to go back through and edit the files all over again?

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

To check what version of the MOD you have installed, open the install.xml file that was included in the MOD download and see what it says for the version. If it says version 1.0.0 then it's easy to update to 1.0.1. Just download version 1.0.1 from here, then upload the install_legend_repositioning.php file included in the .zip to the root of your phpBB installation, overwriting the old one if it's still there. Then look in the contrib/ directory of the .zip and you will see a file called update_1.0.0_to_1.0.1.xml. Follow the instructions in that file and it will update you to the latest version of this MOD (version 1.0.1).

If you have any troubles, please let me know so I can assist you further.

turm

Post by turm »

I checked the version, and its 1.0.1. Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

Lawyer

Post by Lawyer »

{FIXED} Thanks Nice mod.

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

turm wrote:I checked the version, and its 1.0.1. Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks!
I would suggest that you take a look at the update_1.0.0_to_1.0.1.xml installation file (also available here) and check if those edits have been made to your files. Actually, the update to 1.0.1 installation file only requires you to make one change in includes/acp/acp_groups.php so I would suggest that you check the includes/acp/acp_groups.php file in your phpBB files and see if that change has been made as specified in the update to 1.0.1 file. If you can't find the code that the update file specifies, then that probably means that you are using the latest version of this MOD, then I'll have to suggest something else.

Thanks for sticking with me through this process. I'm sure you'll be running the MOD without an issue very soon. :)

turm

Post by turm »

Hi

I looked at the includes/acp/acp_groups.php file and the changes mentioned in the update file were already there.

I just checked my PHPBB and my version is 3.0.2. Is that going to make a difference?

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

turm wrote:I just checked my PHPBB and my version is 3.0.2. Is that going to make a difference?
It might. This MOD was engineered for phpBB version 3.0.5 and greater. That doesn't mean that it can't work on lower versions, but it has never been tested on any version lower than 3.0.5 before. I'm not sure that this is your problem, but I'm beginning to think that it is. Did you install this MOD manually, or with AutoMOD?

The last thing I can think of besides trying to update your forum is that maybe the groups in your database don't have a legend position. Do you have access to your forum's database via phpMyAdmin or some other means? If so, take a look at the phpbb_groups table and see if the values for the group_position field are all set to 0. If the values are set to 0 for all of the rows in the phpbb_groups table, then that is probably the issue.

turm

Post by turm »

I installed the mod manually. I don't have a problem updating my forum as long as I don't lose any of my data and preferably not my graphics either. I can't access the details of the database via phpmyadmin. Thanks!

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Great mod! Thanks :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD

TruthPastor

Post by TruthPastor »

Okay... I have tried 3 times and twice I got an error and had to restore my backups...

Now I don't get an error, but I also don't get anything to show up in the ACP under manage groups?

I have looked at all the code, I have run the install_legend_positioning.php, I have uploaded the umil... I am at a loss?

Any thoughts?

TruthPastor

Post by TruthPastor »

Sorry... I kept playing with it and finally refreshed my cache... and tada! It showed up... should have thought of that earlier...

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

TruthPastor wrote:Sorry... I kept playing with it and finally refreshed my cache... and tada! It showed up... should have thought of that earlier...
Yes, that is usually the problem for most people. ;)

However, the install_legend_positioning.php file should clear the cache after the query is run, if you have the proper permissions. Anyway, glad to see you have it working for you now.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”