Legend Repositioning

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Re: Legend Repositioning

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Just Installed it :D

But when i am trying to move a group i get this

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method acp_groups::move_group_by() in /home/user/domains/rising-dead.com/public_html/Forums/includes/acp/acp_groups.php  on line 101
This is what i got at line 101

$move_group_name = $this->move_group_by($row, $action, 1);
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Post by Tom »

TheKiller wrote:But when i am trying to move a group i get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined method acp_groups::move_group_by() in /home/user/domains/rising-dead.com/public_html/Forums/includes/acp/acp_groups.php  on line 101
This is what i got at line 101

$move_group_name = $this->move_group_by($row, $action, 1);
Could you attach your includes/acp/acp_groups.php file and post it here please? Thanks.
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Sure here it is
Attachments
acp_groups.php
(33.32 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

In your includes/acp/acp_groups.php find this:

}
    // Make the function that repositions groups on the legend                  
Replace with this:

// Make the function that repositions groups on the legend                 
Then find this at the very end of the file:

}
?>
Replace with this:

}
}
?>
Save and close the file; that should do it.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

ok that worked
one problem tho
it shows the same group's two times :(

Redy

Post by Redy »

screen? :)

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Its clear when i say that they repeat but anyways heres the screen lol
if i add the } where it was b4 they dont repeat anymore but i cant move them then
Attachments
Heres the screen.PNG
Heres the screen.PNG (82.4 KiB) Viewed 975 times

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

TheKiller wrote:ok that worked
one problem tho
it shows the same group's two times :(
Looking over your includes/acp/acp_groups.php file more closely, I've seen that you have botched up a lot of the edits. The problems you've been experiencing were caused because you were always performing the edits with the } brackets misplaced in your acp_groups.php file. I went through the entire file you previously attached and fixed it all up for you. I've attached the fixed version of the file to this post; simply replace your current acp_groups.php file with the one attached below and all should work as planned.
Attachments
acp_groups.php
Fixed version.
(33.31 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Thank You Very Much Tom !!!!!
And Congrats for the mod its a whole better than the other one where you have to arrange them by number :roll:
imo they should include it in the next phpbb release

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Hey, I just downloaded the newest version and I have 1.0.1 on my board. I don't see any update instructions. Is it just uploading/overwriting files and no file edits to update, or am I just not seeing the instructions? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, using the version 1.0.1, one of my group leaders just recently reported getting the following error when managing the group:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2549: Missing argument 9 for group_create(), called in /includes/ucp/ucp_groups.php on line 631 and defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2586: Undefined variable: group_position
Apparently, it is adding a 9th argument in functions_user.php but isn't providing anything for that argument in ucp_groups.php. Possibly, it's just throwing an error because DEBUG is enabled. But is there a fix? I don't see it fixed in the new version, just from looking over the edits, but I haven't tried it since i don't see the update file.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

imkingdavid wrote:Hey, I just downloaded the newest version and I have 1.0.1 on my board. I don't see any update instructions. Is it just uploading/overwriting files and no file edits to update, or am I just not seeing the instructions? Thanks!
The reason there are no update instructions included with the 1.0.2 release is because the only changes that were made between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 were made in the MODX installation file itself. One of the "finds" needed to be revised to reflect a small change that was made in phpBB 3.0.6 in one of the required files. Therefore, since there were no changes made to the actual phpBB files themselves and just the installation file, there was no need to include an update file. Board owners running version 1.0.1 are just as up-to-date as those running 1.0.2, since it is only the installation file that was changed. ;)
imkingdavid wrote:Also, using the version 1.0.1, one of my group leaders just recently reported getting the following error when managing the group:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2549: Missing argument 9 for group_create(), called in /includes/ucp/ucp_groups.php on line 631 and defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2586: Undefined variable: group_position
Apparently, it is adding a 9th argument in functions_user.php but isn't providing anything for that argument in ucp_groups.php. Possibly, it's just throwing an error because DEBUG is enabled. But is there a fix? I don't see it fixed in the new version, just from looking over the edits, but I haven't tried it since i don't see the update file.
This was never fixed in 1.0.2, as I never even knew this bug existed before now. Thank you for pointing this out. I have devised a patch that should fix this problem for good. What was happening was that, when a group's information was updated, the update function in includes/ucp/ucp_groups.php could not find a value for the $group_position variable, as it was never defined in that file in the first place. I have changed a few lines in that file and all seems to be working fine now. The only foreseen side-effect of this bug is that the group that had its information edited via the UCP would have its group position reset and it would appear in the front of the group list in the legend. This is easily fixed by moving the group in the ACP back to where it was previously.

The Fix - Issue #003
I have created a MODX file which describes the edits needed to fix this bug. Click here to view the file.

imkingdavid, if you would please perform the edits described in that MODX file on your board and let me know if the problem is resolved. If not, I will search for another method to fix this issue, but I'm fairly certain that this should do it. Thanks again.

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Tom wrote:The reason there are no update instructions included with the 1.0.2 release is because the only changes that were made between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 were made in the MODX installation file itself. One of the "finds" needed to be revised to reflect a small change that was made in phpBB 3.0.6 in one of the required files. Therefore, since there were no changes made to the actual phpBB files themselves and just the installation file, there was no need to include an update file. Board owners running version 1.0.1 are just as up-to-date as those running 1.0.2, since it is only the installation file that was changed. ;)
Gotcha. That makes sense.
Tom wrote:This was never fixed in 1.0.2, as I never even knew this bug existed before now. Thank you for pointing this out. I have devised a patch that should fix this problem for good. What was happening was that, when a group's information was updated, the update function in includes/ucp/ucp_groups.php could not find a value for the $group_position variable, as it was never defined in that file in the first place. I have changed a few lines in that file and all seems to be working fine now. The only foreseen side-effect of this bug is that the group that had its information edited via the UCP would have its group position reset and it would appear in the front of the group list in the legend. This is easily fixed by moving the group in the ACP back to where it was previously.

The Fix - Issue #003
I have created a MODX file which describes the edits needed to fix this bug. Click here to view the file.

imkingdavid, if you would please perform the edits described in that MODX file on your board and let me know if the problem is resolved. If not, I will search for another method to fix this issue, but I'm fairly certain that this should do it. Thanks again.
Alright I did the edit and I'll ask the person that reported the error if he is still getting it. And yes, I did notice it placing the group at the front of the Legend. While that's not a major error, it was getting sort of annoying having to go back any time the group leader edited the group to change the position. :P But thanks, and I'll see if he's still getting the error.

EDIT: Well, I just edited a group through the UCP and I'm not seeing any errors, so I think it worked. And after editing, the groups are still in the right order.

Thanks for the quick response!
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

I have fixed another small bug with the displaying of group names of pre-defined groups in the ACP logs. I have packaged this fix and the fix for Issue #003 into a new update for the Legend Repositioning MOD - version 1.0.3 (and it does include update instructions from versions 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in the contrib/ directory). I have submitted version 1.0.3 to the MODs Database and it is awaiting validation. Once validated, it will be made available to the public.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Legend Repositioning

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.3
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

DavidIQ wrote:MOD Updated to version 1.0.3
See first post for Download Link
Thanks For letting us know David :)
i will update to the last version in 5 days or so when my bandwidth will rest and ill access my website ........

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”