Forum SEO

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Tophon

Re: Forum SEO

Post by Tophon »

I heard about this on phpBB Weekly, am going to give it a go, thanks stokerpillar.

astonmak

Post by astonmak »

stokerpiller wrote:Make sure that you have made the edits to: adm/style/acp_forums.html
and purged cache.

Hi stokerpiller, i got it now., i know the problem was caused by that i only purged cache to the prosilver theme, but not to the forum.

thanks for your help.
-----------------------------------------
Im new in phpbb. :>

Junkee41

Post by Junkee41 »

Is there anyway to use this mod with the TwilightBB template instead of the prosilver template??

Any help would be grealy appreciated :D

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Junkee41 wrote:Is there anyway to use this mod with the TwilightBB template instead of the prosilver template??

Any help would be grealy appreciated :D
You can try this subsilver2 instructions which I havent testet.

Open styles/your_subsilver2_based_style/template/viewforum_body.html
Find:

Code: Select all

<br clear="all" /><br />
<!-- ENDIF -->
add after:

<!-- IF FORUM_SEO_DESC --><span style="font-weight:bold;">{FORUM_SEO_KEY}</span><br /><span>{FORUM_SEO_DESC}<br /></span><!-- ENDIF -->
<br clear="all" /><br />
Find:

<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
Before add:

<br clear="all" />
<!-- IF FORUM_SEO_BOTTOM --><span>{FORUM_SEO_BOTTOM}<br /></span><!-- ENDIF -->
Last edited by stokerpiller on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am done with phpBB

killaziller

Post by killaziller »

Thanks man, I was looking for something to fill in the blank meta tags.
ZeroZaku - The phpBB playground of a highschool web designer with a suspicious attraction. It's like catharsis.

nadalbg

Post by nadalbg »

Will it work with 3.02( dont ask why I havent updated, I just have too much mods and once I tried, but it failed so I just restored my forum).
At first look I see that it should work, because it's very clean and I just dont see why it wouldnt

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

nadalbg wrote:Will it work with 3.02( dont ask why I havent updated, I just have too much mods and once I tried, but it failed so I just restored my forum).
At first look I see that it should work, because it's very clean and I just dont see why it wouldnt
Its only tested on 3.0.5, but should work fine on earlier versions too.
I am done with phpBB

DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

stokerpiller wrote: Find:

<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
Before add:

<br clear="all" />
<!-- IF FORUM_SEO_DESC --><span style="font-weight:bold;">{FORUM_SEO_KEY}</span><br /><span>{FORUM_SEO_DESC}<br /></span><!-- ENDIF -->
Tested this with subsilver2 3.0.5. Works fine. But shouldnt the above code be this instead (worked for me)

<br clear="all" />
<!-- IF FORUM_SEO_BOTTOM --><span>{FORUM_SEO_BOTTOM}<br /></span><!-- ENDIF -->
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

You are right, thanks.
Code updated.
I am done with phpBB

fayax

Post by fayax »

Great MOD! A 5!

Thanks Stokerpiller (and not forgetting RMcGirr83 and eviL<3)

:)

nadalbg

Post by nadalbg »

If I use advantaced meta tags mod can I use this mod too, are they compatible,
I see that I should make changes to overall header and insert code into the meta tags, but the same was required by advanced meta tags and I did it, is there a way to make them work together, it will be perfect as this adds meta tags for forums and advanced meta tags adds meta tags to topics.

DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Sure you can.

Replace the keywords and description meta tags in overall_header.html with this code

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_KEY}<!-- ELSE -->{PAGE_KEYWORDS}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_DESC}<!-- ELSE -->{PAGE_DESCRIPTION}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
Please keep in mind with this code. ALLforums have to have forum seo text added in acp. Forums that do not have this text added by this mod will not show any of these metatags while in viewforum.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.

nadalbg

Post by nadalbg »

DoYouSpeakWak wrote:Sure you can.

Replace the keywords and description meta tags in overall_header.html with this code

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_KEY}<!-- ELSE -->{PAGE_KEYWORDS}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_DESC}<!-- ELSE -->{PAGE_DESCRIPTION}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
Please keep in mind with this code. ALLforums have to have forum seo text added in acp. Forums that do not have this text added by this mod will not show any of these metatags while in viewforum.
Thank you, I will try this later when I have free time.

nadalbg

Post by nadalbg »

I'm trying right now, I thin keverything is working fine. The 2 mods are one of the best for SEO purposes.
Thank you!

backpac2

Post by backpac2 »

Hi guys

I just uploaded the mod in my /storage/mod directory and tried to install it via AUTOMOD. All install actions were successful, except Find:

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found
includes/functions_display.php
Find

'FORUM_DESC' => generate_text_for_display($forum_data['forum_desc'], $forum_data['forum_desc_uid'], $forum_data['forum_desc_bitfield'], $forum_data['forum_desc_options']))

Add Before

'FORUM_SEO_KEY' => $forum_data['forum_seo_key'],
'FORUM_SEO_DESC' => $forum_data['forum_seo_desc'],
'FORUM_SEO_BOTTOM' => $forum_data['forum_seo_bottom'],

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found
It looks like a really useful mod and I really want to get it running. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”