phpBB Gallery

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Dragonwolf

Re: phpBB Gallery

Post by Dragonwolf »

Did you edit your imagesets correctly and afterwards refresh them in the ACP?

I think so. It may be my style, I'm having trouble with it.
canker

Post by canker »

Hi, I have a few questions but as am a complete newby, need very basic answers if possible.

I have just started a new php forum board. It doesn't have a gallery (embedded, not sue if correct term) so no Gallery tab at the top to click on. I want a Photo Gallery set up so that I can just click on a "Gallery" tab at the top of the board & have it automatically take me to the photo gallery area. I have php version 3.0.5. As I understand it so far, I have to do a modification of this version to include a Gallery in it. Is this correct?

Firstly, is this (phpbb_gallery_1_0_4.zip) the Gallery that I am after. Will it do what I am wanting ie store pictures for users of my new forum so that when the "Gallery" tab is clicked on at top of Index board it will take you to those stored pics.

Is there a demo or picture of this gallery somewhere so I can see visually how it stores pictures?

As I understand it, this (phpbb_gallery_1_0_4.zip) is the modification I have to download. I then have to open up the root file> styles> subsilver2> template> gallery & make changes there. But how exactly do I go about that? And how/where do I upload it to?

Hope someone can help me out thanks
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

You didn't even read the first posts, did you? In the third post is a link to a demo.
canker

Post by canker »

Wolfman, actually, I did read the first posts, but being a "newbie", as clearly stated, didn't pick that up, so how abouts not assuming, doesn't encourage those unfamilar to ask for help

Thanks
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

A newbie to what? Reading? If you read the first posts, you should have clearly read
I even pointed you there, so if this is not helping, I don't know. But however, is this demo fine to you? Is it what you look for?
FORDification

Post by FORDification »

OK, this might be a shot in the dark, but it's worth asking anyway.

I did an installation on a fresh phpbb install yesterday. The install appeared to go well, no errors. However, although I can access the Gallery admin functions just fine, if I click on the 'Gallery' link on my Index page, I get the following error:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.
The forums work great, and as stated the Gallery ACP appears to be fully functional...I just can't seem to actually access the Gallery itself without getting this error message.

I'm on a shared hosting plan and am trying to get copies of the server logs now. However, in the meantime, has anyone ever experienced this error message when installing this and could give me an idea of what might be happening?
FORDification.com - The '67-'72 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
FORDification.net - The '73-'79 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
FORDification

Post by FORDification »

Just a follow-up:

I forgot to mention that I was installing this using the Absolution theme, but I was able to find everything just fine and had no problems.

Thinking that I'd try re-installing it come scratch, I re-edited all files from backups...but this time for the prosilver theme. However, the exact same thing is happening. I can get into the ACP and configure the Gallery, but if I click on the Gallery link on the forum index, I get the 500 Internal server error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? :(

Do I need to chmod any of the files or directories?
FORDification.com - The '67-'72 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
FORDification.net - The '73-'79 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

FORDification wrote:Do I need to chmod any of the files or directories?
Yes, the install/ should check for it.
No Support via PM
bobolicious

Post by bobolicious »

Hi, i have question about the Gallery, i have downloaded it and uploaded all files to there respectfull folders, but when i try to open the install.xml it does not open , there is nothing in the download for it. i wish you would have made it in .text , soo now i cannot find what changes to make to the gallery files to make it work with my board. is there a install edit files somewhere on your site, i cannot find it. i am very confused with forums and i hate them with a passion, all i know is phpbb.com and your site and all the otehrs i got the mods on look teh same and its very confusing, i dont know what i got where and where to look for things. there is a million topics for forum thingys and thats also confusing. would be nice if there was a regular site with downloads in a list and help files in a list for each download.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

ou dont need to upload the install.xml before opening it with your browser.
If it is still not working you might also use http://code.bantux.org/svn/phpbb-galler ... nstall.xml
No Support via PM
wagu

Post by wagu »

Work fine in phpbb 3.0.7_PL1 and updated 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 :D
Redy

Post by Redy »

PLS help! Mod work great but if I use Internet Explorer and when I enter the gallery,it completely break down the contents of the gallery and the forums, as shown in picture :cry: :cry:
problem.jpg
problem.jpg (94.63 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

i have had this gallery for about a month, and all of a sudden its telling me gallery is not up to date... whats that about
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Just update your gallery?
No Support via PM
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

update it to what.. the version on page one is the same version i have