phpBB Gallery

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Re: phpBB Gallery

Post by nickvergessen »

I think your cookie settings are incorrect. The STK can help you correct that issue.
No Support via PM
Balsa

Post by Balsa »

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. :)
"I think your cookie settings are incorrect. "
How can something like this happen (the board is fresh, no users)? Oo (The board worked before I edited the files for phpBB gallery... I am not a programmer, just want to understand the issue.)

I never used the STK before. I included the files but it seems I can't log in with the STK either (Or maybe I am just too stupid to use it. -_- I also tried the passwd-key.)

EDIT: I solved the problem.

The Problem:
I followed the install instructions of phpBB gallery 1.0.5, included the files and edited the files. I wanted to run the install folder, but I got the error message:
You must be a "Founder" of this board!
I tried to login on my board, but was logged out automatically.

The Solution:
As mentionted HERE>> and HERE>> I deleted…

Code: Select all

if ($user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
      {
         trigger_error('FOUNDER_NEEDED', E_USER_ERROR);
      } 
…in install/install_update.php and install/install_install.php
I ran the installation successfully and deleted the install folder. Now I can login on my board again. ^_^
Fermunky

Post by Fermunky »

EDIT: Found my problem. Reviewed my edits and saw I forgot the "." before icon-gallery. All fixed. Leaving the rest of this post for others. By the way, the edits I made were not even existant, almost as if AutoMod never made the edits to the theme file. Anyways, cheers.

Sorry if this has been fixed, but my Gallery Icon in the top nav bar is borked. After install and cache purge, there was a link to Gallery, but no icon. I edited the theme and added the .icon_gallery in the two places to kind of mirror the icon_faq, but now my icon seems to be repeating: http://www.legionofjeepers.com/forums/index.php

Where did I go wrong?

Below are the two edits I made to the theme file:

* Icon images
---------------------------------------- */
.sitehome, .icon-faq, icon-gallery, .icon-members, .icon-home, .icon-ucp, .icon-register, .icon-logout,
.icon-bookmark, .icon-bump, .icon-subscribe, .icon-unsubscribe, .icon-pages, .icon-search {
	background-position: 0 50%;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	background-image: none;
	padding: 1px 0 0 17px;
}
And further down:

/* Icon images
---------------------------------------- */
.sitehome						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_home.gif"); }
.icon-faq						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_faq.gif"); }
.icon-members					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_members.gif"); }
.icon-home						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_home.gif"); }
.icon-ucp						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_ucp.gif"); }
.icon-register					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_register.gif"); }
.icon-logout					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_logout.gif"); }
.icon-bookmark					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_bookmark.gif"); }
.icon-bump						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_bump.gif"); }
.icon-subscribe					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_subscribe.gif"); }
.icon-unsubscribe				{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_unsubscribe.gif"); }
.icon-pages						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_pages.gif"); }
.icon-search					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_search.gif"); }
.icon-gallery					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_gallery.gif"); }
Those are the only two edits I've made since installing with AutoMOD and purging cache.
Thanks in advanced
Fermunky

Post by Fermunky »

I do have another question... I have Board3 portal installed, and I'd like to add a custom block for Random Image. However, in the contrib, the addon is for an entire section on the board index... I thought I'd be able to find the snippet that pulls a random image, but cannot seem to find that. Anyone know where I may start this?
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

It's the same deal... just put the code into your portal.php.

open portal.php find
// output page

Add it before

In that code you can manage how you want the block to look like.

'rows' => 1,
'columns' => 4,
'comments' => 0,
'contests' => 0,

1 row, four columns, display comments off ( zero ) and of course don't forget the template edits. Anything else, you'd have to ask in the board3 portal thread. :)
Fermunky

Post by Fermunky »

Thanks, I actually figured this out. Another change was I made columns 1 as well. Then, I had to edit the include/recent_body (copied and renamed to recent_portal, and changed the portal.php to point to that file). The edit was basically removing the references to the RECENT and CONTEST data. http://www.legionofjeepers.com/forums for those who want to see the finished product. Now, I am simply trying to figure out how to remove the darker blue border within the block, and trying to remove the data under the thumbnail (I basically just want a random image in there).

Thanks again!
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

I can't see your block, but thats pretty much how I do it also. I have diff copys of recent_body.html so that I can show differnt blocks-- some with the extra upload info others without the HTML blocks.
trionixus

Post by trionixus »

I have installed Gallery and installation went fine, but icons are not displaying. There is no 'upload image' button, or icon next to the 'gallery' link at the top. I have tried purging the all the caches, but still it isn't working. What do I need to do?
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

trionixus wrote:I have installed Gallery and installation went fine, but icons are not displaying. There is no 'upload image' button, or icon next to the 'gallery' link at the top. I have tried purging the all the caches, but still it isn't working. What do I need to do?
Did you copy the contents in the prosilver folder to the style that you are using (and then refresh templates, theme, and imageset)?
Azaxiel

Post by Azaxiel »

I've tried both manually modding, and using Automod to intall the mod for gallery2 in phpbb 3.0.7. However, some of the edits don't seem to work, and in either case it breaks the forum. Any suggestions? I'm running phpbb3.0.7 and Gallery 2.3.1
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

SOrry if a question like this has already been asked & answered, but could someone help me out with the following?

Me & my forummembers keep getting the error "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is -294967300 Bytes." after uploading to 1.0.4. Already updated to 1.0.5 aswell, but this didn't fix the problem. Also the max size allowed is set to 999999999 so that's not the problem either...
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

JasonWade wrote:SOrry if a question like this has already been asked & answered, but could someone help me out with the following?

Me & my forummembers keep getting the error "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is -294967300 Bytes." after uploading to 1.0.4. Already updated to 1.0.5 aswell, but this didn't fix the problem. Also the max size allowed is set to 999999999 so that's not the problem either...
please try a real valid size, seems like it's too big ;)
Azaxiel wrote:I've tried both manually modding, and using Automod to intall the mod for gallery2 in phpbb 3.0.7. However, some of the edits don't seem to work, and in either case it breaks the forum. Any suggestions? I'm running phpbb3.0.7 and Gallery 2.3.1
Newest version is 1.0.5 I guess you're in the wrong thread :-/
No Support via PM
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

nickvergessen wrote:
JasonWade wrote:SOrry if a question like this has already been asked & answered, but could someone help me out with the following?

please try a real valid size, seems like it's too big ;)

Must've changed since 1.0.4 then, cause before that size has always worked, but I'll give it a try...
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

Hmm seemed to have worked, really weird, cause honestly before updating to 1.0.4 that size had always worked. Oh well thanks either way ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”