phpBB Gallery

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Azaxiel

Re: phpBB Gallery

Post by Azaxiel »

Azaxiel wrote:I've tried both manually modding, and using Automod to intall the mod for gallery2 in phpbb 3.0.7. However, some of the edits don't seem to work, and in either case it breaks the forum. Any suggestions? I'm running phpbb3.0.7 and Gallery 2.3.1
Newest version is 1.0.5 I guess you're in the wrong thread :-/[/quote]

Sorry..doesnt help that both packages are called pretty much the same thing.
zake black

Post by zake black »

Due to an issue the last update i did. i have been having a few problems..

So i plan to remove all the edits and then go through the installation of the latests release.. is it as simple as this? do i run the installer? or is that just for database entries?

I dont want to lose the existing photos in the gallery either

Cheers

Andy
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

Just do the update-tab than.
No Support via PM
zake black

Post by zake black »

nickvergessen wrote:Just do the update-tab than.
So Im ok to remove all edits. upload new files. do new edits. then run update tab on the install screen

Cheers

Andy
LexusAutosports

Post by LexusAutosports »

Great mod! Is there a way to have stars instead or with the numbers for the photo rating?

Thanks
Lexus Autosports - Show Off Your Lexus
http://www.lexusautosports.com
Fermunky

Post by Fermunky »

Anyway to allow a group permission to create galleries, other than their personal Galleries?
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

Can someone tell me how to remove the Gallery link from the nav bar, its knocked out my login/out button.

ive made a direct link to the gallery as a forum link so will still have access
zake black

Post by zake black »

Stu83 wrote:Can someone tell me how to remove the Gallery link from the nav bar, its knocked out my login/out button.

ive made a direct link to the gallery as a forum link so will still have access
Thats the edit in the styles/yourstyle/template/overall_header.html
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

which one?

Code: Select all

Code:Select all
</head>
Add before

<!-- INCLUDE gallery/plugins_header.html -->
<< Hide
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

Code: Select all

<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
Add after
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

<li class="icon-gallery"><a href="{U_GALLERY_MOD}" title="{L_GALLERY_EXPLAIN}">{L_GALLERY}</a></li>
zake black

Post by zake black »

Sorry i thought if you read the code itself it was clear..

<li class="icon-gallery"> = is the gallery image icon

<a href="{U_GALLERY_MOD}" The linked text for the gallery

title="{L_GALLERY_EXPLAIN}">{L_GALLERY}</a></li> and the mouse over coment

So its the second edit you want remove.. :)
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

thanks for your help, ive removed that edit from both prosilver and iconic, but the gallery link in the nav bar still remains. any ideas?

*edit*

ive just purged the cache and its gone :D

thanks again
Fermunky

Post by Fermunky »

Stu83 wrote:thanks for your help, ive removed that edit from both prosilver and iconic, but the gallery link in the nav bar still remains. any ideas?

*edit*

ive just purged the cache and its gone :D

thanks again
You'll learn to purge your cache, even on mod edits that don't touch the style files... I basically purge my cache after every little edit I make :)
smokinajs
Name: Buster Davis

Post by smokinajs »

I am new to PHPbb.. I have my site up and running and I would like to add this mod. It is a simply means of downloading the mod, going the ACP and running the installation...
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

smokinajs wrote:I am new to PHPbb.. I have my site up and running and I would like to add this mod. It is a simply means of downloading the mod, going the ACP and running the installation...
No...

Before you install any mod ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FORUM FILES AND YOUR DATABASE first.

Upon downloading the mod you will find an install.xml file. Open this file with FireFox or your favorite browser. The file will contain the install instructions.

For the most part, there are a number of files that are in your Forum that you are going to have to edit (with a text editor such as Notepad ++... Do not use Notepad or Word). Also, there are a bunch of new files that you have to upload to your Forum. Lastly, there is a database file that you have to run that will make the necessary changes to your Forum's database.
zake black

Post by zake black »

keith10456 wrote:
smokinajs wrote:I am new to PHPbb.. I have my site up and running and I would like to add this mod. It is a simply means of downloading the mod, going the ACP and running the installation...
No...

Before you install any mod ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FORUM FILES AND YOUR DATABASE first.

Upon downloading the mod you will find an install.xml file. Open this file with FireFox or your favorite browser. The file will contain the install instructions.

For the most part, there are a number of files that are in your Forum that you are going to have to edit (with a text editor such as Notepad ++... Do not use Notepad or Word). Also, there are a bunch of new files that you have to upload to your Forum. Lastly, there is a database file that you have to run that will make the necessary changes to your Forum's database.
Dont let this put you off though! This was the first mod I installed when I started and although I had a couple of issues they were quickly resolved from nick, and other users of this forum.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”