Karma MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
addictedtech

Re: Karma MOD

Post by addictedtech » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:21 pm

How can I get this to work with my current theme, as I am not sure what files to edit? I'm using the style proglass.

Its weird I installed through auto mod worked, but didn't huh? then I went to /install_karma and installed got errors because of two tables then un installed it from auto mod, but still retaining the one installed manually.

I then re uploaded every file and upload the required files for style to my chosen style in the correct place.
It would be easier if you could inject or eject the required style edits from the karma menu on the ACP.

addictedtech

Post by addictedtech » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Found it look in install.karmamod.xml of the download

Tessel

Post by Tessel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Possible no database is added?

I get this message if i view the Karma Mod History in the Admin section:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'forum.phpbb_karma' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT k.*, u.username, u.username_clean, u.user_colour FROM phpbb_karma k, phpbb_users u WHERE u.user_id = k.user_id ORDER BY k.karma_time DESC LIMIT 25

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 221
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/mods/functions_karma.php
LINE: 1079
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/mods/acp/acp_karma.php
LINE: 294
CALL: karmamod->view_history()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 516
CALL: acp_karma->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Joshuaxiong1

Post by Joshuaxiong1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:58 am

How do I delete other people karama rating?
How can Admin edit karama rating? either by deleting or editing texts

jamiet757

Post by jamiet757 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:11 am

The author of this mod has dropped off the face of the earth. He hasn't visited the forum here since Oct 30, his last tweet on twitter was from June. I wouldn't expect him to fix this mod, and I am surprised it was even validated.

HumanMuppet

Post by HumanMuppet » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:44 am

jamiet757 wrote:The author of this mod has dropped off the face of the earth. He hasn't visited the forum here since Oct 30, his last tweet on twitter was from June. I wouldn't expect him to fix this mod, and I am surprised it was even validated.
Oh no. I thought it was validated?

Groundy

Post by Groundy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:33 pm

So no point in downloading this one then, and I was after a rep points MOD too
Man Utd Forum

The one stop site for United fans

Joshuaxiong1

Post by Joshuaxiong1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 am

Instead of calling it Karma. I want it to be called reputation.

addictedtech

Post by addictedtech » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y
shows up twice :?:
In both forum footer and acp footer
Have checked in overall_footer.html
It shows up in all styles
suggestions? thanks :D

hojko

Post by hojko » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:50 am

Any convertor form granik's phpbb2 Users Reputation System Mod?

And what is Karma power?

oobie11

Post by oobie11 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:23 am

Is there a way to make user gain karma from posting? I installed the Mod and feel like its working fine, but it seems like the only way for my users to gain karma is for other users to give it to them. I want people to be able to gain karma for logging in each day and posting on my site. Also has anyone found a way for me, the Admin of my site, to give users a special number of karma? What if I want to give a donor a bunch of karma points for helping me out?

hojko

Post by hojko » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:08 am

Any templates conversions for SubSilver2 based styles with {$CA_BLOCK_START} and {$CA_CAP2_START} marks in script, par example for AcidTech, Serenity, Avalon (AvalonBlue etc...), eTech, Getaway atd...?

Thanks

hojko

Post by hojko » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Bug in Karma MOD - MySQL flood: I have a forum which contains about million replies and about onehundredthousand sent karma units. The problem is that when I want to check the karma, it's read for 20-30 seconds, because karma loads up the MySQL database, due fact it compares the karma table with the table of replies and than it counts whether the user can send more karma to the reply in the thread. When I execute query, which I have from debugger, I get 156 000 records for each reply of all users. It's immense load and therefore is Karma system unusable on huge forums with much karmas.

Where and how do I optimize this query, or how to avoid it, so it won't be reading whether I commented already some of the replies in the topic?

This query:

SELECT u.*, z.friend, z.foe, p.*, k.karma_time, k2.karma_time as karmaed FROM (phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p) LEFT JOIN phpbb_zebra z ON (z.user_id = 2 AND z.zebra_id = p.poster_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_karma k ON (k.poster_id = 2 AND k.user_id = p.poster_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_karma k2 ON (k2.poster_id = 2 AND k2.post_id = p.post_id AND k2.user_id = p.poster_id) WHERE p.post_id IN (1301436, 1301441, 1301446, 1301450, 1301576, 1301577, 1301603, 1301619, 1301686, 1301809, 1303356, 1303875)
AND u.user_id = p.poster_id
PS: phpBB 3.0.6 and Karma MOD 1.3.1

Edit: Maybe this two lines:

$sql = str_replace('p.*', 'p.*, k.karma_time, k2.karma_time as karmaed', $sql);
		$sql = str_replace('WHERE', 'LEFT JOIN ' . KARMA_TABLE . ' k ON (k.poster_id = ' . $user->data['user_id'] . ' AND k.user_id = p.poster_id) LEFT JOIN ' . KARMA_TABLE . ' k2 ON (k2.poster_id = ' . $user->data['user_id'] . ' AND k2.post_id = p.post_id AND k2.user_id = p.poster_id) WHERE', $sql);

Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:23 pm

finally...
this MOD released...
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
My online shop at
http://www.nefara.com

krawlingkaos

Post by krawlingkaos » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:18 am

I added this mod a while back and I screwed up because I have subsilver and i used the prosilver instructions so I deleted it all or most of it at least and now that I know i need to follow the subsilver instructions and I've tried, I can't install it because it only lets me do the update and it says it doesn't need to be updated. I want to manually input what needs to go into my mysql database, can you post what needs to be added?

[EDIT]
I just want to freshly install this. Is there anyway to force install and not just have it show Update when doing install_karama?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”