Page 14 of 19

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:45 pm
by julienetspock
Thank you for your reply

you can login on my forum with id : test , password testtest

i'm using dominion theme (RT phpbb theme), and files names aren't the same as prosilver and subsilver2 so i made edits, but for some edits, i had to make them on another files that matched

i looked at changes made at overall_header.html,

there was this change :
Before : logout link <li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="x">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>

Code: Select all

<!-- [+] Karma MOD //-->
<!-- ELSEIF $KARMAMOD -->
	<p><a class="left-box {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}" href="{U_VIEWPROFILE}" title="{L_KARMA_USER_PROFILE}" accesskey="r">{L_RETURN_TO} {L_KARMA_USER_PROFILE}</a></p>
<!-- [-] Karma MOD //-->
and after <!-- ENDIF -->

in installation file, this edit had to be made on styles/prosilver/template/jumpbox.html
but there isn't jumbox.html file in dominion template so i made it on overall header.html

about configuration it was 0 post limits

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 am
by desiii
m157y wrote:2 desiii
Ability to disable negative karma and report button already added for 1.5.0 version
Different maximum power for positive and negative karmas? Khm, so i have a question, i want to add power showing at viewtopic/viewprofile pages, so which value we must to show? Also another question, for what it needed?

PS
1.5.0 will be not earlier than 25 March
Cool, looking forward to it. :D

The reason I suggested different settings for negative and positive karma is so that I can set the maximum negative karma to something very low so people don't abuse it. But if your upgrade will allow me to turn the negative karma off, that will be good enough for me. :)

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:17 pm
by julienetspock
julienetspock wrote:Thank you for your reply

you can login on my forum with id : test , password testtest

i'm using dominion theme (RT phpbb theme), and files names aren't the same as prosilver and subsilver2 so i made edits, but for some edits, i had to make them on another files that matched

i looked at changes made at overall_header.html,

there was this change :
Before : logout link <li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="x">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>

Code: Select all

<!-- [+] Karma MOD //-->
<!-- ELSEIF $KARMAMOD -->
	<p><a class="left-box {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}" href="{U_VIEWPROFILE}" title="{L_KARMA_USER_PROFILE}" accesskey="r">{L_RETURN_TO} {L_KARMA_USER_PROFILE}</a></p>
<!-- [-] Karma MOD //-->
and after <!-- ENDIF -->

in installation file, this edit had to be made on styles/prosilver/template/jumpbox.html
but there isn't jumbox.html file in dominion template so i made it on overall header.html

about configuration it was 0 post limits
Stil need help :'(

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:33 pm
by Kamahl19
thanks for this great MOD. I have just one question? Could you add the icons for displaying user's karma in viewtopic? for example when i have +50 i would have one small gren cube in my profile. 100 = 2 cubes etc. and if i would have -50 there will be a small red cube. i think it is nice, isnt it? :)

thanks for the reply

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 pm
by m157y
2 julienetspock
If you don't have jumpbox, just ignore instructions for it :)
So, check this:
Karma settings -> Needed posts (You're already checked) -> 0
Karma settings -> Needed karma -> 0
Permissions -> user/group -> Misc -> Can karma -> Yes
Forum permissions -> user/group -> MIsc -> Can karma -> Yes (this is stupid option will be deleted at 1.5.0)
And recheck your edits at viewtopic.php

P.S.
You forgot some language variables from other MODs
{ SEARCH_UNSOLVED } • { SEARCH_YOUR_UNSOLVED }
2 Kamahl19
At 1.4.0 will be added ranks with images, so you'll be able to select it...
At 1.5.0 it'll b slightly reworked, but idea will be the same...

2 ALL
Just look... my new MOD :)
[DEV] bbAJAX

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 pm
by Kamahl19
i am looking forward to 1.4.0 :) is there any planed release date? :)

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:24 pm
by m157y
1.4.0 already on validation

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:03 pm
by Screagle
Sorry, maybe a stupid question but what version of karma mod i have to take ? 1.4.0 or 1.5.0

What the difference between Branches and Trunk at the SVN Repository ?

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:40 pm
by Groundy
I cannot see the icons for + / - Karma.

I am running Reds theme on prosilver

When I switch to prosilver the icons appear

I have installed the icons in the Reds image set file

Any help please ?

Board is www.manutdbuzz. com

Also I would prefer it to say Reputation instead of Karma, I have altered the language file to read reputation, is that all I need to do Ta Muchly

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:51 pm
by m157y
Try to clear caches for this style...
Yep, you need only change Karma to Reputation at language files..

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:18 pm
by Groundy
m157y wrote:Try to clear caches for this style...
Yep, you need only change Karma to Reputation at language files..
Still no buttons
Refreshed style images and purged Cache

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 pm
by Groundy
Changed all instances of "Karma" To "Reputation" in the language file

Now I get this in the users profile {karma_increase} {karma_decrease}
And still I have no buttons

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:38 pm
by Screagle
Screagle wrote:Sorry, maybe a stupid question but what version of karma mod i have to take ? 1.4.0 or 1.5.0

What the difference between Branches and Trunk at the SVN Repository ?
Can somebody answer please ?

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:05 pm
by Groundy
Screagle wrote:
Screagle wrote:Sorry, maybe a stupid question but what version of karma mod i have to take ? 1.4.0 or 1.5.0

What the difference between Branches and Trunk at the SVN Repository ?
Can somebody answer please ?
Well as 1.5.0 is a later MOD than 1.4.0 I 'd go for the former

as for your second question..............no idea :D

Re: Karma MOD

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 pm
by m157y
2 Groundy
You're changed only for language strings or for index names too? Don't touch CAPSED strings.. also i don't recommend you to touch permissions string.
Can you show me your modifications for your template?
2 Screagle
At branches placed stable releases, which will be released on phpbb or under files at sourceforge.. At trunk placed development version of karma mod, which can be unstable or not workable.