Karma MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Karma MOD

Post by ric323 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:25 pm

The author has not logged in here since March 16.
m157y has plenty of contact options listed in their profile.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

roller24

Post by roller24 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:13 pm

http://m157y.name/
the mod author is available at the link above.
The strange code in the comments ajax is caused by the keyboard apostrophe.
GOTO the original php file karma_common.php in the language folder under your language like en_us
find the code where you are having a problem
copy and paste the word user's from

Code: Select all

'View comments to user’s karma',
NOTICE the difference in the apostrophes in the word user's and the apostrophes which start and end the translation text.

Also, the save drafts button shows on my forum as merely save like you see next to submit in any post reply
My quick reply also functions with no problem. Check your edits in the viewtopic files both html and php to see if you broke a tag or something.
For the user who's members are having trouble showing the karma buttons...
First check their profiles to ensure that karma is enabled.
Second Make sure their post count is at the minimum to use the karma.
Third, tell them to update the browser that they use , and/or flush their browser caches
I check in here once a week or so, but can be reached at myplanetganja.com for quick answers, if I can help.

The PM lack of Karma function will be revised in 1.5.0 coming in the near future.

roller24

Post by roller24 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:29 pm

To get the save draft button in the ajax GOTO yourstyle/template/karma_ajax.html
and FIND

<fieldset class="submit-buttons">
		{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
		<input type="submit" accesskey="c" name="cancel" value="{L_CANCEL}" class="button1" onclick="javascript:return karma.hideBox();" />&nbsp;
		<input type="submit" accesskey="s" tabindex="6" name="post" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="button1" />&nbsp;
	</fieldset>
replace with

<fieldset class="submit-buttons">
			{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
			<!-- IF S_HAS_DRAFTS --><input type="submit" accesskey="d" tabindex="9" name="load" value="{L_LOAD}" class="button2" onclick="load_draft = true;" />&nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF S_SAVE_ALLOWED --><input type="submit" accesskey="k" tabindex="8" name="save" value="{L_SAVE}" class="button2" />&nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
			<input type="submit" tabindex="5" name="preview" value="{L_PREVIEW}" class="button1" onclick="document.getElementById('postform').action += '#preview';" />&nbsp;
			<input type="submit" accesskey="s" tabindex="6" name="post" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="button1" />&nbsp;

</fieldset>

Praetorian Guard

Post by Praetorian Guard » Tue May 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks! Two more questions.

1. The 'user's' text you provided on phpbb does not work for the AJAX popup. It works for the redirect, but in AJAX the font is all goofy looking. No problem, I just removed the single apostrophe.

2. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. It only seems to affect one user, so far as I can tell. If I sign in under my admin user name and go to a view topic of a particular moderator, I can see the karma + - boxes in the side page profile. However, if I click on the users name, which redirects me to their profile page, I can no longer see the + - boxes. Yet, if I sign in under a different admin account user name or moderator account I can see this users karma + - boxes in both the viewtopic page and profile. What could be wrong??? Thanks again!

roller24

Post by roller24 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:40 pm

' can be used in place of the the apostrophe in the php file
I'm surprised that the cut and past didnt' work.
so instead of typing user's type user's in the file named karma_common.php
the file is in /language/en/mods and language/en_us/mods depending upon which language you have chosen.

The second issue. Im not sure how it is coded for the user profiles, but you may only karma a user's post once.
If you have karma'd a user on his profile, then when you return to the profile, the karma buttons are not available.
I don't know if they reset or not, a good question for the mod author.
Have you already karma'd that user?

Personally, I don't care for K buttons anywhere but in the posts. Karma should be given as content award, as actual karma is the result of doing something worthy, not just being

Praetorian Guard

Post by Praetorian Guard » Wed May 05, 2010 12:20 am

' that worked!!!!!

Thanks! Where would I find the code for the user profile? Can I submit it here or over at phpbb so that you might take a look at it if you have the time? Thanks again!

roller24

Post by roller24 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:12 am

I'd prefer to do all of the work here, as that most people come here for support and few know about the author's site.

Praetorian Guard

Post by Praetorian Guard » Wed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Fair enough. Thanks!
If you are talking about the button display, I really don't think it is code related if it is working on one account but not on the other.
Could you elaborate more about the problem?
You said that you are using two admin accounts and moderator accounts.
I have to ask again also, did you give the user karma already, using the buttons in the profile, or have they never showed up?

Yes, it is regarding the display buttons. If I DO NOT give karma to this moderator user I can see the display buttons in the viewtopic thread page under the users profile on the right. If I click on the moderators link in the display topics it takes me to the moderators user profile where I CANNOT see the karma display buttons. If I sign in under a different Admin account I can see the display buttons on both this users viewtopic profile and the users profile page. If I sign in under a different moderator account I can see both display buttons in the viewtopic page and profile page of this user. It is only when I sign in under MY NORMAL admin account that I cannot see the karma display buttons in this users profile page. It only seems to be happening with this particular user. Thanks again!

roller24

Post by roller24 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:29 pm

It only seems to be happening with this particular user.
Let's talk about
That Particular User
Does the lack of Karma buttons display occur on every profile in which That Particular User visits?
OR
Does the lack of Karma buttons display occur on only when That Particular User visits the one moderators profile?
to this moderator user
If it occurs only on the one account, then you most likely already have given him karma on those buttons.
Check your ACP-Maintenence-KarmaModHistory
Look for the user's name to see if you gave him karma
Mark and delete all the boxes with you giving that user karma.
Go back and check his profile to see if the buttons reappear.
ALSO
If it occurs on each profile you visit, then you need to re-check the permissions of That Particular User

Praetorian Guard

Post by Praetorian Guard » Wed May 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks. here are some pictures. I have not given this user karma prior to the images.

Viewtopic page:

Profile page:

roller24

Post by roller24 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:23 am

Unless there is an anomoly somewhere, I really think that system believes that you did give stormy karma.
If you are familiar with your database and are comfortable poking around, then check the tables to see if you can see that he is marked as having recieved karma from you.
Start with some general maintenence and keep checking your display.
Repair tables
Syncronise tables

There are some resets in the ACP as well which may find it for you.

Reset board’s start date

Resynchronise statistics
Recalculates the total number of posts, topics, users and files.

Resynchronise post counts
Only existing posts will be taken into consideration. Pruned posts will not be counted.

Resynchronise dotted topics
First unmarks all topics and then correctly marks topics that have seen any activity during the past six months.

Resynchronise users’ karmas
Recalculates the total karma values for users.

Purge all sessions
Purge all sessions. This will log out all users by truncating the session table.

Purge the cache
Purge all cache related items, this includes any cached template files or queries.

If nothing else works, lets go into the database through an admin warez like phpmyadmin

goto the table named _karma
any row with a 0 as the forum id and topic id is a profile karma.
find the rows that show your user's id and Stormy's id as poster_id
Normally this is what you are doing in the karma logs in the ACP
but a bad character or something else may be preventing it from being displayed.

It's alot of work to get a button that will only be used once.
Then it will disappear again.

I would wait for the next version, as it has alot of work being done to it to make this mod tit

Praetorian Guard

Post by Praetorian Guard » Thu May 06, 2010 4:05 am

Thanks! Resynchronized the tables in General, and purged everything. No change... :( I will look at the tables later. Thanks again!

lqdmindz

Post by lqdmindz » Thu May 06, 2010 1:32 pm

What i would suggest to everyone is http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=780735 It looks better and seems even simpler...plus theres decent feedback.

roller24

Post by roller24 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 am

party pooper.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”