Karma MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
SuperFedya

Re: Karma MOD

Post by SuperFedya »

Show comments only for me: - Yes by default. But how I can change this settings for No by default for all users?

update:
I changed like this:
delete in phpbb_users - user_karma_comments_self line (DON'T DELETE phpbb_users !!!).
And restore it like this:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users
	ADD user_karma_comments_self tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
Now it NO, by default.
Last edited by SuperFedya on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperFedya

Post by SuperFedya »

OMG, this mod are too buggy...
I disable karma toplist in my profile, now I cannot enable it:

For all other users all works fine...
Any fix?
HumanMuppet

Post by HumanMuppet »

Thias MOD is driving me crazy. Update or not Update... all Permissions tested.... ONLY the ADMIN can change Karma in my board... since day 1!!!! ARGH! User can see the 'increase' and 'decrease' Buttons, but after click, there is the error "Karma change disabled for this user". My currently installed version is 1.3.0

What is the Problem??? Please help me....

(Sorry for my poor english.)
Webmasterks

Post by Webmasterks »

Hi,

I installed the Karma MOD and it seems to work, but I still have a couple of questions though:

- Is there a more elaborate 'manual' for all the settings in the ACP (what they do exactly)?
- Is there a way to disable sending or receiving notifications for all users from the ACP, so giving karma is anonymous?
- What exactly is "Karma power" and what does it do?
- I was playing with the MOD when I saw that if the comments are disabled, you click on a plus-sign in a post, then the system asks if I am sure if I want to increase. If I say Yes, I just gave Karma and I return to the post, but if I say No, I get the commentscreen. That doesn't look to be alright. How can I fix this?
- Also, if you let users disable being rated themselves, would it not be fair to have their privilege to rate other revoked?
- Last question: I only want to use the karma-mod with +/+. Is there a way to disable the decreasing of karma or remove the minus-sign so users can't decrease karma?

Regards,
WebmasterKS
HumanMuppet

Post by HumanMuppet »

Hey Webmasterks,
which Version do you have installed? Are all of your users able to karma users or the admin only, too?
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Love this mod, it was quite a challange to convert the installer to umil.

One question. Is it meant to be posible to give newly joined users with 0 posts karma ? it seems strange, if the user has made no posts and no topics what basis can the karma giver rate the user on ?

Wak
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
Webmasterks

Post by Webmasterks »

HumanMuppet wrote:Hey Webmasterks,
which Version do you have installed? Are all of your users able to karma users or the admin only, too?
I have ver. 1.2.3 installed in PhpBB 3.0.5.
All my users are able to karma others, even the users that have disabled the karma in their user control panel.
HumanMuppet

Post by HumanMuppet »

Webmasterks wrote:
HumanMuppet wrote:Hey Webmasterks,
I have ver. 1.2.3 installed in PhpBB 3.0.5.
All my users are able to karma others, even the users that have disabled the karma in their user control panel.

Thank you. This helps me... hopefully very much. :-D

Could be this the problem? I have Version 1.3.1 Beta installed and only my admin can karma users - no matter what permissions say. Like I've said... sorry for my poor english, I'm just a german.... ;)
demon327

Post by demon327 »

Just want to say that the mod works fine if you install it youreself, and not with automod..
Xtracker!

Post by Xtracker! »

I manage to put the comment part of this mod in memberlist.php (the user profile) but the comment wont show, they only show on karma.php, is there any way to fix this, make them appear in memberlist.php?

EDIT: For some reason users can continue giving karma ignoring the limit of hours they have to wait. Not good!
TeenReply.com - Teen Support | Teen Advice | Teen Forums :D :D
CMA

Post by CMA »

demon327 wrote:Just want to say that the mod works fine if you install it youreself, and not with automod..
what do you exactly mean that? have you tried everything what user above said about bugs or problem?

automod is supposed to be same as manual... copy and replace or add line :?

btw i still see this as buggy mod... i already report mod/admin about this... thats shame, this mod is supposed to be useful and work perfectly...
Webmasterks

Post by Webmasterks »

After having it installed for a couple of weeks, weird things start to happen. All of a sudden the settings have disappeared from the User Control Panel, although in the ACP the settings should enable it. No Mods were installed after the Karma-Mod and no forumupdate has been done.

How do I get the settings back in the UCP?

Kind regards,
WebmasterKS

PS - The Karma Mod, this thread and the original thread all seem to have been abandoned by the author of the Karma-Mod. There hasn't been a decent help reply in some time now, so it looks like it's up to us chicken to figure it out (or de-install the Mod).
beyondbg

Post by beyondbg »

OMGG ,I've installed it and everything is working ,but there are no icons for the karma.I reviewed all template files ,and they are corrent ,everything is corrent ,but the images decrease & increase are not there ,double-checked everything any it doesn't work.. :@:@
HumanMuppet wrote:Thias MOD is driving me crazy. Update or not Update... all Permissions tested.... ONLY the ADMIN can change Karma in my board... since day 1!!!! ARGH! User can see the 'increase' and 'decrease' Buttons, but after click, there is the error "Karma change disabled for this user". My currently installed version is 1.3.0

What is the Problem??? Please help me....

(Sorry for my poor english.)
Same with me! Icons only in user profiles and when I try to add karma - "Karma change disabled for this user" ..

phpBB version: 3.0.6
Mod version: 1.3.1
Samanthavv

Post by Samanthavv »

I installed this mod, and at first it was a little difficult to use, but after playing with the settings a little, I love it! Although, i do think a short explanation beneath each setting title could be helpful.
I am a BIRTH DOULA.
I use CLOTH DIAPERS.
My son is exclusively BREASTFED.
I have donated my MILK to 8 other babies in need.
I keep a BLOG at http://www.anotherteenmom.com
Webmasterks

Post by Webmasterks »

I agree with CMA that this Mod is 'buggy'. That's why I decided to remove the Karma Mod altogether and wait for a rating system that does what it is supposed to and where there's some support, because I read only questions in this and the original thread, and no answers/support whatsoever.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”