phpBB mChat

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
PinoyEngine™

Re: mChat new version

Post by PinoyEngine™ » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:42 am

Wow! Really nice. Thanks for this.

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:33 am

You have to set permissions for each group, also administrators.
I am done with phpBB

sypher01

Post by sypher01 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:37 am

*extremely disappointed*.

I have a fresh board (3.0.6) with a ported db from the old and cleaned it using STK.

This was (luckily for me) the first mod that i installed with automod (so its easy to revert).

All i get it this:
You have removed the copyright from the mChat mod.
Please restore the entry for the copyright by editing language/en/mods/mchat_lang.php.
Until you do so, both this mod and your forum will not work unless you uninstall mChat
Now... useless to say i didnt remove the copyright (i didnt even have the time if i wanted).

Things that might have gone wrong are the following:
Im using Italian language on my board, i copied the english original language files on the correct dir.
I installed with automod
I updated to latest UMIL
I applied the changes to my template (proglass with a custom header) with automod.

All these actions have been successful, then the board stuck on that message, dropping my reputation.

Thanks a lot for this.

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:52 am

To avoid this you just have to make sure that the edits of language/en/common.php is made to ALL the boards language/xx/common.php
The specific edit can be found in the install file.

Thats all ;)
I am done with phpBB

ameisez

Post by ameisez » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:09 am

Image Congrats Image
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player

sypher01

Post by sypher01 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 am

stokerpiller wrote:To avoid this you just have to make sure that the edits of language/en/common.php is made to ALL the boards language/xx/common.php
The specific edit can be found in the install file.

Thats all ;)
You are right;
it was an error of procedure on my part, (did not check if there were edits on the language file).

Still, imho, disabling a board entirely is a no-no.
Disable your mod, but dont hinder the capabilities or the uptime of a board, especially with a message like that in the front and every page (in my case it was not true)!
You can get sued (at least in here) for defamation.

Nonetheless, now that i've seen the mod work, its good. I will embed code an embed for it into a Joomla CMS if you'll give me the green light on that.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

And removing a copyright is a no-no in my book. FWIW, the entire board wasn't disabled, just index.php...the main page.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

sypher01

Post by sypher01 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:54 am

RMcGirr83 wrote:
And removing a copyright is a no-no in my book. FWIW, the entire board wasn't disabled, just index.php...the main page.
In my book also, but that wasn't what caused this error; since the copyright was left intact (and dont try to write it like i wanted to remove it and i deserved the board to go offline, cuz thats one of the ways your message can be read).
Still, hindering a whole application based on the supposed crack on a single mod, isn't a good way to handle it.

Would you like if a cracked application that you have formatted your disk ? ...
Its a purposely extreme situation, to make you better understand my point, which i think you did not debate.

Still, i'm not here to argue about this, i just stated my opinion, and, FWIW, IF i wanted to remove the copyright, i could have done it simply editing the php itself and bypassing the checks.

Doctor Love

Post by Doctor Love » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:28 am

This is the best functional Chat Mod I've ever seen for phpBB 2 or 3.

Question 1: Is it feasible to reverse the direction (ascending / descending) for the messages, and if so, how?

Question 2: Can you explain the disallow bbcode function because I've either made a booboo on the install or it is not working with my browser/website. Here is what I entered into the mChat configuration:" Img|Flash|Code|List|List= " , but they still show up under bbcode and are still active.
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Congratulations! and thanks for continue with this nice mod :)
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Doctor Love wrote: Question 1: Is it feasible to reverse the direction (ascending / descending) for the messages, and if so, how?
No, this is not possible at the moment.
Doctor Love wrote:Question 2: Can you explain the disallow bbcode function because I've either made a booboo on the install or it is not working with my browser/website. Here is what I entered into the mChat configuration:" Img|Flash|Code|List|List= " , but they still show up under bbcode and are still active.
They still show up, yes. But they dont work so they are not active.
On the demo board you cant use the Code bbcode. Well, you can use it but it doesnt work.
I am done with phpBB

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

mChat new version

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 pm

MOD Updated to version 1.2.17
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Doctor Love

Post by Doctor Love » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Another question: Can you or I make your phpBBCodes link open in a "New Page" (_blank) ?
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:20 pm

how do I install this mod? sorry im like a virgin at this..

vietconferencecom

styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html

Post by vietconferencecom » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:45 pm

it seems like the instruction is telling me to add 2 comment lines to index_body.html file. just comment lines? or did I read it wrong?

I uninstall and reinstall for the 2nd time with updated UMIL and nothing is showing up on my site vietconference.com.... I think I am giving up on this :(

Does anyone have a few spare mins to set this up for me? I don't mind giving you admin password. Please PM me... thanks
Last edited by vietconferencecom on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”