phpBB mChat

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MPG187
Name: Operation 420

Re: mChat new version

Post by MPG187 »

Oh, you weren't talking to me. Cmatte is that guy's user name, I thought you were talking to me and meant to say "mate" but made a typo. So that's why that link didn't make any sense to my issue.

Where do I set the prune amount in the ACP? Does it mod have it's own prune system?
phpBB 3.0.4, http://operation420.net/forum, download package from phpBB.com (fresh install), mods installed, British English, MySQL 4.1.14

cmatte

Post by cmatte »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
MPG187 wrote:
I don't feel comfortable is telling you how to do that
Why don't you feel comfortable?
Because it could really mess up his auth system and I would prefer to not be the one to be blamed for it.
I won't blame you anyway, for sure, but I'd prefer knowing where those permissions are located in the db which I am comfortable with, instead of trying a software at the stadium of Release Candidate that I don't know at all.
After all, I could firstly backup the table I should modify and then try to see what happens if I delete the "double permission" command I see there.
Imho, knowing what you've done is always better that trying to make an app try to solve problems that are NOT there, don't you think ;) ?

Thanks, is it because of the hint, or because you'll also tell me what I should look for and where.

neufr

Cannot find .Mod on the ACP

Post by neufr »

I installed mchat and it is working FANTASTICALLY. The only problem is that I don't seem to be able to find the configuration. I logged into the ACP and there is no .MOD tab.

Any thoughts?

...Randy

mastmetal

Post by mastmetal »

I did everything but my home page is this now.
// BEGIN mChat Mod $lang = array_merge($lang, array( 'MCHAT' => 'Chat', 'MCHAT_COPYRIGHT' => '© phpBB3BBCodes.com', )); // END mChat Mod
Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/phpBB3/index.php on line 24

whats wrong?

neufr

Re: Cannot find .Mod on the ACP

Post by neufr »

neufr wrote:I installed mchat and it is working FANTASTICALLY. The only problem is that I don't seem to be able to find the configuration. I logged into the ACP and there is no .MOD tab.
I'm not sure what I did ... but it is working fine now. GREAT MOD! Thank you. :D

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

cmatte wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote:
MPG187 wrote:
I don't feel comfortable is telling you how to do that
Why don't you feel comfortable?
Because it could really mess up his auth system and I would prefer to not be the one to be blamed for it.
I won't blame you anyway, for sure, but I'd prefer knowing where those permissions are located in the db which I am comfortable with, instead of trying a software at the stadium of Release Candidate that I don't know at all.
After all, I could firstly backup the table I should modify and then try to see what happens if I delete the "double permission" command I see there.
Imho, knowing what you've done is always better that trying to make an app try to solve problems that are NOT there, don't you think ;) ?

Thanks, is it because of the hint, or because you'll also tell me what I should look for and where.
Okay.

In a phpBB forum the auths are assigned either locally or globally. The ones for the mChat are global.

There will be multiple entries in the database table within the auth_options that has an id that is specific to the mchat permissions (mchat_view, mchat_use, blah, blah, blah).
mchat_auths.jpg
mchat_auths.jpg (35.76 KiB) Viewed 568 times
each permission is either set in the acl_groups table or within the acl_users table found by browsing your database using, eg, phpmyadmin.

For example, searching within the acl_groups table for an auth_id of 208 for me brings up this
groups.jpg
groups.jpg (14.12 KiB) Viewed 568 times
you must remove all references to each auth_option_id that is found in each of those tables prior to removing those entries from the auth_options table. There are quite a few so you must be precise in what you are doing. Backup, backup, backup first though, please 'k thanks.

Purge the cache and that should remove all permissions for this mod....or use the UMIL installer to uninstall the mod and look for any "remnants" that may exist. How they would exist, again, I have no idea.

PS I very rarely make "typos" :)
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

MPG187 wrote:Where do I set the prune amount in the ACP? Does it mod have it's own prune system?
ACP->.Mods tab->mChat->Configuration
acp.jpg
acp.jpg (17.99 KiB) Viewed 553 times
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

trickymicky

Post by trickymicky »

I know this has been asked before, in the old thread, and at the time Stoker didn't want to do it. But is there any chance of adding a "More Smilies" link to the mChat? or is it something that someone could post instructions on how to do? I have tried to myself, but I can't get it to work.

Dj4riS

Post by Dj4riS »

I install the mchat but when i go to the home page says
"You have removed the copyright from the mChat mod.
Please restore the entry for the copyright by editing language/en/mods/mchat_lang.php.
Until you do so, both this mod and your forum will not work unless you uninstall mChat."

But i haven't edit the mchat_lang.php

Plz help me..

MPG187

Post by MPG187 »

Does this work with AutoMod?
phpBB 3.0.4, http://operation420.net/forum, download package from phpBB.com (fresh install), mods installed, British English, MySQL 4.1.14

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Yes, it works with Automod as all validated mods must.

stokerpiller

Re: Cannot find .Mod on the ACP

Post by stokerpiller »

neufr wrote:I installed mchat and it is working FANTASTICALLY. The only problem is that I don't seem to be able to find the configuration. I logged into the ACP and there is no .MOD tab.

Any thoughts?

...Randy
Purge cache and the mod tab will show up.

mastmetal wrote:I did everything but my home page is this now.
// BEGIN mChat Mod $lang = array_merge($lang, array( 'MCHAT' => 'Chat', 'MCHAT_COPYRIGHT' => '© phpBB3BBCodes.com', )); // END mChat Mod
Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/phpBB3/index.php on line 24

whats wrong?
I am not sure. Recheck all your edits.
Or post a link to your site and I will have a look.
I am done with phpBB

MPG187

Post by MPG187 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Yes, it works with Automod as all validated mods must.
So all the mods that are validated work?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

MPG187 wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote:Yes, it works with Automod as all validated mods must.
So all the mods that are validated work?
All the mods that are validated will install with Automod onto a fresh install of a phpBB forum.

Balázs

Post by Balázs »

I have a special issue. I use the Recent topics mod and the mChat mod simultaneously. I would like to have a layout, where mchat is on the top of the forum, and the recent topics are below it.
This is reversed in default.
In hope it helps, I copy the lines needed from index_body.html.

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
<!-- IF RECENT_TOPICS_DISPLAY --><!-- INCLUDE recent_topics_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH or (S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT) -->
<ul class="linklist">
	<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH -->
		<li><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}">{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}</a><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_UNREAD}">{L_SEARCH_UNREAD}</a> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a><!-- ENDIF --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}">{L_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}</a></li>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}" accesskey="m">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
</ul>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE and S_MCHAT_ON_INDEX and S_MCHAT_LOCATION --><!-- INCLUDE mchat_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->
<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE and S_MCHAT_ON_INDEX and not S_MCHAT_LOCATION --><!-- INCLUDE mchat_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
Please help me!

Best regards.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”