Canonical URL

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
gregone

Re: Canonical URL

Post by gregone » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:08 pm

I used automod to install this mod. Could that be the problem?

soumik

Post by soumik » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:07 am

That may be the problem. I'll test it with AutoMOD.
Powered by chocolate

soumik

Post by soumik » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 am

I installed the mod with AutoMOD and there were absolutely no problems. I used AutoMOD version 1.0.0-RC3.
Powered by chocolate

gregone

Post by gregone » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 am

I went in and cleaned up the duplicate code, wasn't that hard, not sure what went wrong, I'm also using the same version of AutoMOD as you.

Now another question that keeps me wondering, does this mod needs a robots.txt file to compliment it? Something is telling me no, but not sure.
soumik wrote:I installed the mod with AutoMOD and there were absolutely no problems. I used AutoMOD version 1.0.0-RC3.

soumik

Post by soumik » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:27 pm

gregone wrote:Now another question that keeps me wondering, does this mod needs a robots.txt file to compliment it? Something is telling me no, but not sure.
Not, a robots.txt is not needed. The nature of canonical tag is that it specifies the original URL and other duplicate URLs (if any) is not indexed by the crawlers.