Groups on Registration and Custom Profile Fields

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mtrs

Re: Groups on Registration and Custom Profile Fields

Post by mtrs »

You should set permission based on groups. Permissions is nothing to do with this mod.
I abandoned all of my mods.
tiyakap

Post by tiyakap »

mtrs wrote:You should set permission based on groups. Permissions is nothing to do with this mod.
i have set all the group based permissions, when a user is registered it is added to the group automatically( should do it), but the problem is that the registered user becomes default user for the user...when ever i manually remove user from registered user group the permissions works fine as i want...

so how can i make that admin defined group as default group for the user (using this mod)

ex: boys groups permissions work fine when i remove the user from registered users.. but on registration the user is added to both groups making the registered user default group.. i want the user to be added in one group only that i have defined making this group default group....

thx in advance...
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Custom profile fields based groups cannot be default. Mod is designed this way.
nims

Post by nims »

I also have a similar query. Depending on custom profile fields value I am putting users into "Buyers" and "sellers" group. I have assigned different rank images to Buyers, Sellers and Registered group. But the board only shows the rank image of registered usersgroup. Maybe bcos it automatically is the default usergroup :?:
How do I show the Buyers and Sellers rank images ?
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

If you add users to those groups at ACP Groups and Users page, do rank images appear for them?
nims

Post by nims »

Only if I make the new group as their default group. So, essentially what I think is required is to make the group on registration as the default group. We can have this option in ACP "On/Off" for making the group on registration as the default group. Or atleast giving the users a choice to select their default group on registration.
annab

Post by annab »

nims wrote:I also have a similar query. Depending on custom profile fields value I am putting users into "Buyers" and "sellers" group. I have assigned different rank images to Buyers, Sellers and Registered group. But the board only shows the rank image of registered usersgroup. Maybe bcos it automatically is the default usergroup :?:
How do I show the Buyers and Sellers rank images ?
I have this same issue. The value I set in "Field name/title presented to the user" and the value from "Entries" shows on viewtopic and in profile. No rank images.

So for example, it would show:

Choose a role: Developer

instead of a rank image, which is what I assumed would happen.
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Rank images come from default groups, if applicable, you should set the new group as default.
In this mod, custom profile fields based groups cannot be set default.
nims

Post by nims »

mtrs wrote:Rank images come from default groups, if applicable, you should set the new group as default.
This looks like a big drawback of this MOD. The whole purpose of putting users in different groups is to clearly distinguish them by providing separate rank images, color etc. But nothing such happens using this MOD.
Pls do something to make these groups as their default. Or give them a choice on registration to choose their default group.
annab

Post by annab »

nims wrote:
mtrs wrote:Rank images come from default groups, if applicable, you should set the new group as default.
This looks like a big drawback of this MOD. The whole purpose of putting users in different groups is to clearly distinguish them by providing separate rank images, color etc. But nothing such happens using this MOD.
Pls do something to make these groups as their default. Or give them a choice on registration to choose their default group.
+1
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

If you have 5 custom profile fields based groups to which user joins on registration, how can you select which group be default?
That is the problem and made me dismissing default groups selection option for cpf based groups.

If you prefer to make last cpf based groups set as default, you can use the code change below.

Open
includes/functions_group_on_regs.php
Find

Code: Select all

$group_default = false;
Replace with

Code: Select all

$group_default = true;
nims

Post by nims »

Thanks works great for me :)

Is there any possibility of using switches like IF_GROUP_SELLER etc. in the templates to restrict viewing of custom profile fields to specific group only.
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

nims wrote:Is there any possibility of using switches like IF_GROUP_SELLER etc. in the templates to restrict viewing of custom profile fields to specific group only.
This mod may be helpful.
7k_fuel

Post by 7k_fuel »

When i try to load the installation file this appears:
error.png
error.png (51.51 KiB) Viewed 917 times
*Simple Ladder System Initiator.
mtrs

Post by mtrs »