Groups on Registration and Custom Profile Fields

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
shad0

Re: Groups on Registration and Custom Profile Fields

Post by shad0 »

i am trying to allow multiple selections from the dropdown menu point to the same group

for instance, we have a state dropdown on registration. our groups are broken up into regions with multiple states per region. we'd like to have, for instance, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota. Ohio, Wisconsin all point to the GLRegion group.
Last edited by Tripp on Wed May 05, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to 3.0.x Support
capsula4

Post by capsula4 »

I have installed everything, I did it twice to make sure I did everything the correct way

Everything seems to work except the feature of joining multiple groups when register: I have enabled it on the admin panel and I forced that user should at least join one.

But on the register page, there is no list box to choose, it won't come up! And when you press register it says "you must join one group"!!

I'm using 3.0.7-PL1, prosilver and spanish language pack. I made the "es" pack for spanish (just copied "en" folder and renamed it es).

I don't know what might be wrong... any idea?

http://um.tufacu.com.ar/ucp.php?mode=register

(I desactivated the must join one forum)

And even the profile field feature works completely good, I tried it and there is no problem!
capsula4

Post by capsula4 »

In my case everything works great!! except one feature and it is that the list for joining a group when registering won't show up.

http://um.tufacu.com.ar/ucp.php?mode=register

I have already set enabled that feature on the ACP but it doesn't work! I even chosed "require joining" and when you register it will always popup "you must join at least one group" but you can't choose any!

The profile field thing works okay

Any idea of this error?

I'm using phpBB3.0.7-PL1, prosilver, spanish lang (i copied en folder as es (spanish) )
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Make sure you edited
includes/ucp/ucp_register.php
correctly.
I abandoned all of my mods.
capsula4

Post by capsula4 »

Well, I have checked ucp_register.php three times and everything is the same as install.xml says, but it won't work

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”