Contact Board Administration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Contact Board Administration

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Schoaf1 wrote:I installed it with AutoMod and there it says it is installed, but I don't know where a .MOD tab should be.
Go here

http://www.rmcgirr83.org/mods/contact_a ... nstall.xml

...and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page until you reach

DIY instructions

then do as it states. Automod doesn't, currently, run database installers. Once the database is updated, visit your ACP and you should now see a .MODs tab up by the other ones. Click on it and you will see the entry for this modification. Also, if your forum style is not prosilver or subsilver2 (aka, the phpBB default templates) then you will need to edit the html files for your style as well.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Schoaf1

Post by Schoaf1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Sorry, I foud the DIY instructions.
For me it seems, that automod does its job, but I did not delete the install DIR because I thought I would have the Admin Control, but it seems .mods is not visible if the install DIR exists.

Thanks anyway!

Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 am

Hey there,
first thanks a lot for this great mod and i have a little question ^^

I think it would be better to change line 114 in root/contact.php from

Code: Select all

gmstrftime
to

strftime
to print the correct time set on the server.

What i am still wondering about is why the days are printed in english although my server's language is set to german ^^
Is there any existing setting i have to change or is it better to just use

setlocale()
in root/contact.php ?

Another minor suggestion:
If there's still the known bug with the preview failing for the contact method is set to e-mail i simply changed the contact_body.html ( i tried this only for a template based on subsilver2, but i think this should work everywhere )

OPEN: styles/subsilver2/template/contact_body.html
FIND:

<input class="btnlite" type="submit" tabindex="9" name="preview" value="{L_PREVIEW}" />
REPLACE WITH:

<!-- IF not S_EMAIL --><input class="btnlite" type="submit" tabindex="9" name="preview" value="{L_PREVIEW}" /><!-- ENDIF -->
With this change the preview button is only displayed if the contact method is NOT set to e-mail. I don't know if this suggestion was posted earlier, because i did not have enough time to read the entire thread ;)

Phil

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Phil7789 wrote:What i am still wondering about is why the days are printed in english although my server's language is set to german ^^
Is there any existing setting i have to change or is it better to just use

setlocale()
in root/contact.php ?
The languaging is gotten from the server locale setting...not the users settings of the forum.

Another minor suggestion:
If there's still the known bug with the preview failing for the contact method is set to e-mail i simply changed the contact_body.html ( i tried this only for a template based on subsilver2, but i think this should work everywhere )
Yes that is fine and is like that in the prosilver style.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote: The languaging is gotten from the server locale setting...not the users settings of the forum.
I know, but my server is set to german as far as i know, that's why i am wondering why it prints the days in english. I'll doublecheck the settings and see if i can find anything

thanks

EDIT: Checked and everything is set to german (de_DE.utf8) so i really can't figure out why the date is printed in english

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 am

I've installed your mod on some of my boards with no problems, however one of my forums is having a problem when I run contact_install.php. The following error is reported:

Contact Board Admin
PHP Version: 5.2.12
DBMS: MySQL 5.0.89-community
phpBB3 Version: 3.0.7-PL1

Removing acp module: Configuration
ERROR: Module does not exist.

Removing acp module: Contact Board Administration
I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, but same error. Looks it was having trouble creating a the module in .mods that I could do manually, but will there still be problems?!? And, why is it having problems doing it anyway?!? What do you suggest? Thanks!

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:09 am

Phil7789 wrote:EDIT: Checked and everything is set to german (de_DE.utf8) so i really can't figure out why the date is printed in english
What does your PHP information state in the ACP for "Accept-Language"?

azdolfan are there any errors when you attempt to install (run the installer)?

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:45 am

azdolfan are there any errors when you attempt to install (run the installer)?
You referring to the first install process I run through AutoMod? If so, it all ran successfully and I see all green! :ugeek: I just ran it again to be sure and it's fine! It's just when I do the second install process (database changes with the contact_install). I finished installing this mod on all my boards tonight (8 total) and all went fine except for just this one site. :cry: Thanks!

Update: However, when I just ran the automod again to "uninstall" it is getting some errors because it's having trouble finding certain in-line names. Like...

Find
.sitehome, .icon-faq, .icon-contact, .icon-contact, .icon-contact, .icon-donate, .icon-members, .icon-home, .icon-ucp, .icon-register, .
The In-Line Find specified by the MOD could not be found.The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

Don't think that would have made a difference because I've seen in-line find problems before and I just normally add. But it didn't even error installing, just uninstalling.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Uhmmm,

Are we talking about Automod or running the installer.

Automod makes the edits to the files needed, the installer makes the database changes that are needed. Automod does not run the installer automatically.

My question was specifically talking about the installer, not Automod.

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Yes I'm running the installer for the database after running automod. So, after running the automod, I did the DIY instructions. First thing in there says to run contact_install.php. When I did that, that's when I encounter the problem. I choose default settings and got this red error page....

Contact Board Admin - Fail

Database type :: mysql4
Warning

One or more errors occured during the requested action. Please download this file with the errors listed in it and ask the mod author for assistance.

If you have any problem downloading that file you may access it directly with an FTP browser at the following location: umil/error_files/acp_contact_title1.txt
Warning

New permission settings have been added. Be sure to check your permission settings and see that they are as you would like them.

Adding acp module: Contact Board Administration
ERROR: The parent category specified for this module does not exist.

Adding acp module: Configuration
Then if I click on the "this file" for download like it tells me to do to report to the mod creator, it only gives the original error stuff I posted to you which is this

Contact Board Admin
PHP Version: 5.2.12
DBMS: MySQL 5.0.89-community
phpBB3 Version: 3.0.7-PL1

Adding acp module: Contact Board Administration

Adding acp module: Configuration
That is all the information/errors it's providing! :?:

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 pm

The parent category specified for this module does not exist.
Means the .Mods module has been removed/disabled and is why you are getting that error.

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:03 pm

It's there and is enabled! I have 5 other mods inside the .Mods tab as well. I just tried disabling it and re-enabling it and reran the install, but it's still erroring. I don't want to delete and re-add the .mods module if at all possible because of all the other mods already installed and configured. I also created a second .mods module and tried the install again just for ha has. But it still errored!

I did notice after running the install (contact_install.php), that when I rerun it, it defaults to "uninstall" so it's doing something when I first run it. However, it errors as well removing it with the info below.

Warning

One or more errors occured during the requested action. Please download this file with the errors listed in it and ask the mod author for assistance.

If you have any problem downloading that file you may access it directly with an FTP browser at the following location: umil/error_files/acp_contact_title4.txt

Removing acp module: Configuration

Removing acp module: Contact Board Administration

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 pm

I queried on this error string and I'm finding other people with other mods are getting this error message as well. So I'm going out of this thread to try to figure it out so I don't waste your time anymore and b/c not mod related.

I will say that one person triggered something for me. They mentioned they had deleted the .mods tab and had to manually add back. I inadvertently did that some time back and I know it's this one because the order of my tabs. That would explain why 7 of 8 worked and this one being the only one that failed. I have installed other mods since then on this site and didn't see a problem, but I may not have had database changes. I think I was asked to manually add the module to the .mods tab as well. I think I'm missing a standard-phpbb module (ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS) and have to figure out how to rebuild it. Anyway, I will search on other threads to find a way to fix this. Thanks for your help! :)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:57 pm

That is very, very odd.
it defaults to "uninstall" so it's doing something when I first run it.
The version is inputted into the database, that is how the file knows the mod is already installed.

I am willing to take a look at it for you but will need FTP, database and admin access to the forum.

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:I am willing to take a look at it for you but will need FTP, database and admin access to the forum.
That is awesome! You are a wonderful person! I just PM'd you my credentials :P
Edit: Let me know if you don't get it because it shows in my outbox but not sent box. Tried again and now two emails in outbox. I don't send PMs much at all so want to be sure you get. Thx

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”