Contact Board Administration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Coert

Re: Contact Board Administration

Post by Coert » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 am

The permission for the configuration in ACP is setting to yes all the time for Global Moderators, founders, administrators etc.

I set it to no everytime, submit, but when i go back it's set to yes again (screenshot)

It's not in the role, but the role does not change to "No role assigned....." when still showing it as "Yes".
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (32.26 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
Version: 3.0.8 | Template: Prosilver Special Edition | Language: English
PHP: 5.3.1 | Database: MySQL 5.1.41 | Apache: 2.2.14

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Try running the installer again, click uninstall the mod, then click install.

Also, you may want to check the permissions for that user account for changing module settings.

Also, per my signature, please do not PM me in the future for support. :x
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Coert

Post by Coert » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Uninstalled and installed

Still same

What do you mean with
Also, you may want to check the permissions for that user account for changing module settings.
It happens to founders, moderators etc.
And moderators can't edit the modules on my board, just users

Sorry for the pm'ing

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 am

Noname.jpg
Noname.jpg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

Coert

Post by Coert » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:39 am

Admin Role: Full Admin

Admin Role: Users & Groups Admin

Administrators:

When I click remove permissions after selecting myself, it submits and then sets the permissions back.

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:53 am

Hi, I posted a couple of weeks ago about not seeing captcha after installing your mod. I was advised that my style was out of date. I have since got a completely new up to date style and have the latest version of phpbb. However, I'm still having the captcha problem. I have it enabled and it can be verified by attempting to register and seeing it there. But it doesn't show if I use the contact admin. Is there some place else I should be enabling this besides the two screens I attached below? I also use EN_US so I always have to copy my EN to EN_US after each new upgrade or mod installation before everything works. I did that with the language, but could there be something I missed in another directory that could cause this?

Site: http://www.dogforumsite.com

Also, is there any way if you receive a PM, that it also can send an email out? Not one or the other! Emails are not always reliable, but the PM doesn't tell you it's there like the email on my phone can. I would like to place it safe and have it both and will also help have a good response time. If not with your program, maybe some rule that could be set up in phpbb?!?

Thanks!

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 am

azdolfan, I just visited your site and the confirmation image is showing for me as a guest (it does not display if so set in the ACP contact settings for registered users). I see no screen captures in your post.

Concerning sending a PM and Email, no this is not possible. You could have a forum post made but it is not possible to send both an Email and a PM.

coert, only an admin with full permissions can act/assign Admin permissions to other users/groups. In your second picture it clearly shows that whomever you chose does not have permissions to alter any setting in the ACP. If you are still stuck with how to assign these, then I would suggest you open a support topic in the 3.0.x support forums as it has nothing to do with this mod.

Coert

Post by Coert » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:51 pm

I don't think you understand my problem.

"Can manage contact board admin settings" is set to NO in the admin role (2nd picture) for Global Moderators
Though when I look at the permission mask of the group it's set to YES.

When I remove the permission manually for the group, it sets itself back automatically.

In other words, I can not disallow ACP users to use this permission. It automatically allowes them.

Role view:

Mask view:
mask.JPG
mask.JPG (54.43 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:10 pm

I can not reproduce this.

I think you may be confused. Every time you change the permission drop down to "user and groups admin" that "role" as defined in the Administrative Roles will reset whatever is displayed. Once you change the permission for the group, in the advanced tab (eg can manage whatever) it changes the drop down after submit to "no role assigned" (as it is then a "custom" role) changing it then to "user and groups admin" will change the display of the permissions that are allowed.

Try changing the permissions in the Administrative role which will then assign that permission to the user(s)/group(s) whenever you assign that administrative role.

..or as I originally said, open a support ticket as it really has nothing to do with this mod. :)

Schoaf1

Post by Schoaf1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi,

I want to do something different with the phpBB and it seems your MOD could help me on my way....

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 55&start=0

Could your MOD be my solution? Can you give me a hint how I should start, because I don't know nothing about phpBB. Or do you think I should head in another direction?

Thanks, Schoaf

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:51 pm

You could add new fields easily enough and set the mod to make a post into a specific forum.

FWIW, this is what a post into a forum looks like from a registered user.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (18.32 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
The fields such as "Subject:" etc could be changed/added to

Schoaf1

Post by Schoaf1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Now that you as the designer of this MOD also recommend it for my purpose I will dig deeper into it. I did not even get your MOD running (because I could not find where the hack it is) - but now that there is light at the end of the tunnel I will invest more time to get it running.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Make sure you follow the DIY instructions at the end of the modx install file (mainly to run the installer that comes with the mod). When installed the mod will show up under the .MODs tab in the ACP.

Schoaf1

Post by Schoaf1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:59 pm

I installed it with AutoMod and there it says it is installed, but I don't know where a .MOD tab should be.

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:04 pm

azdolfan, I just visited your site and the confirmation image is showing for me as a guest (it does not display if so set in the ACP contact settings for registered users). I see no screen captures in your post.
My my sincerest apologies for wasting your time. I went through those settings many times, yet still thought I had it to show for both registered users and guests. Blind and working on a computer 16 hrs straight. It's all good now!
Concerning sending a PM and Email, no this is not possible. You could have a forum post made but it is not possible to send both an Email and a PM.

That's an idea! I didn't think about if I had it go to a forum post that when you subscribe to it, you get emailed so both online and email will be covered. The only thing I worry is customers having logging in or registering problems and posting their credentials. Or the possible rare complaint! My concern with just PM is that I have 8 different animal forums and am not online each of them everyday so an email would be great to notify a new PM is there. And for quicker response! Actually, I think phpbb should have that feature because at times I have had PM on their boards and didn't know until I logged on. Maybe I'll make a hidden forum so it's covered both ways. Anyway, thanks you gave me ideas.

Oh and thanks so much for pointing out my out of date template style. I was always updating phpbb versions right away, but never even know about the style. Found on here, a lot of other people are not aware of this as well. Too bad install notes don't warn people that didn't know like me. But you pointed out a nightmare for me (with so many forums and my version went all the way back to 3.0), but it turned into the best thing that happened for me when I found a new style that is updated for me each time and they even update mods for us to integrate with their style. Life is much easier now! Thanks again and thanks for a great mod :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”