Topic as link

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
zackpack

Re: Topic as link

Post by zackpack » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:42 pm

hi!
great mod!
but how can i restrict the use of this functions only for admin?

ty

kber

Post by kber » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:16 am

zackpack wrote:hi!
great mod!
but how can i restrict the use of this functions only for admin?

ty
change

Code: Select all

<div><label for="topic_url"><input type="checkbox" name="topic_url" id="topic_url"{S_TOPIC_URL_CHECKED} /> {L_TOPIC_URL}</label></div>
to

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_ACP --><div><label for="topic_url"><input type="checkbox" name="topic_url" id="topic_url"{S_TOPIC_URL_CHECKED} /> {L_TOPIC_URL}</label></div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Hello All

zackpack

Post by zackpack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:22 am

ty man! :D

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations
Name: Jakub

Post by Senky » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:45 pm

This is just visual restriction and users can post this still, but for common users this is enough. But next fine idea. I will collect them and include all in new version...

Joe_Joe

Post by Joe_Joe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Two questions.
1, is this controlable from the ACP?

2, is not a question it's a problem. After install, all it does is put the URL in the topic, when clicked it opens like any other post. In other words it doesn't act as a link, it just opens the posting. And yes I did click the check box.

Thank you.
JJ

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 pm

1. Not yet. What would you like to manage via ACP?
2. Can you please provide URL of your forum (and maybe some test account)? I will have look at it...
Another way, insert here how your url looks like. It must be http(s)://(www.)something.tld(/script_name.ex?parameter=value)

Joe_Joe

Post by Joe_Joe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Senky wrote:1. Not yet. What would you like to manage via ACP?
It would make it easier to turn off on all but the forum you are going to use it in. I have a Forum in a Category for links. I don't want it to run in all the forums. Static info is the best way to give and find info.
It must be http(s)://(www.)something.tld(/script_name.ex?parameter=value)
I have no isea what that is. all I want is a link to an outside page: (http://www.domain.com) or htt://sitename.domain.com)

Thank you for your help, I don't post the site name or URL it's adult and private. Descretion the better part of valor.

Thank you.
JJ

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:48 am

Joe_Joe wrote:...It would make it easier to turn off on all but the forum you are going to use it in. I have a Forum in a Category for links. I don't want it to run in all the forums. Static info is the best way to give and find info.
Yes, that can be done...

...I have no isea what that is. all I want is a link to an outside page: (http://www.domain.com) or htt://sitename.domain.com)...[/quote]
That should be parsed to redirection. Check if you have done all changes in viewtopic.php...

Joe_Joe

Post by Joe_Joe » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Senky wrote:
Joe_Joe wrote:...It would make it easier to turn off on all but the forum you are going to use it in. I have a Forum in a Category for links. I don't want it to run in all the forums. Static info is the best way to give and find info.
Yes, that can be done...

...I have no isea what that is. all I want is a link to an outside page: (http://www.domain.com) or htt://sitename.domain.com)...
That should be parsed to redirection. Check if you have done all changes in viewtopic.php...[/quote]

No problem with the english. It's the php language. You know what it means and I don't. But thank you for trying to help I removed the mod.

That does not mean I am not grateful for your help. It doesn't work the way I thought it would and I have no desire to learn what parse means, that's why I download Mods. I know nothing about coding.

Thank you again
JJ

five075

Post by five075 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:10 am

thanks
great mod, used on phpBB 3.0.7-PL1

Trokal

Post by Trokal » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:09 pm

does this work on phpbb v3.0.5?

also a suggestion for future release is to be able via ACP to set permissions on who can post topic links.
as this would really make this functional on a forum without having abuser abuse it (that's what I'm waiting for)
thanks again and good luck

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 am

Trokal wrote:does this work on phpbb v3.0.5?
Really do not know. But I recommend you to update.
Trokal wrote:also a suggestion for future release is to be able via ACP to set permissions on who can post topic links.
as this would really make this functional on a forum without having abuser abuse it (that's what I'm waiting for)
thanks again and good luck
Yes, wait until the next version. I will change it into user's/group's permission...

net83it

Post by net83it » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:37 am

is it possible to create a topic-link that is showed at the top of the topic list, like announces?
thanks

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Probably the priority of the topic should work normally, so if you set topic as announcement and topic-link, it should be announcement with redirection...

Eragon

Post by Eragon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:15 pm

any update ? group permission, outside link etc.

thanks

Return to β€œ[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”