Topic Preview

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: Topic Preview

Post by MattF »

Crashtester wrote:Is this likely to be because of my previous problem? What should I do to clean things up and install this mod? Im using PHPBB version 3.0.7-PL1.

Thanks
Did you back up your forum before applying the MOD? If so, restore the backup and start over with v1.0.7.

Or, you can navigate to your forum (via FTP) in to the store/mods/Topic Preview 1.0.6 folder. Inside there should be two folders: _edited and _backup. If you have not done any other MODs to your forum since installing Topic Preview, you can copy the files from that backup folder over the one's currently in your forum. Then you can start over and install v1.0.7.

If you deleted the original v1.0.6 Topic Preview folder and don't have those _backup folder of files anymore, then you must follow the v1.0.6 instructions in reverse to undo all the code changes manually. Search for whatever it says to add, and remove those code lines... Or if it was a replace, find the code that was instructed to be replaced-with and instead replace that with the code originally in the find.

In the future if you are going to use Automod, make its setting to Preview changes enabled. Then before you actually install any MOD, you will see a preview of the changes, and you will be able to see if there will be any problems before anything is done, and you can decide the best course of action before making any changes. And always keep a backup of your forum files before you install any MODs. :cry:

Or, you can just PM me all the files that Topic Preview says it needs to edit (from your forum), and I can restore them for you or install 1.0.7 to them for you.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
Matt125

Post by Matt125 »

Hey guys. I just installed this mod, but unfortunately, nothing happened. Could it be because I'm using phpBB 3.06 instead of 3.07? If not, what are some other possible causes? I've done the edits, installed, and uploaded the files.
MattF

Post by MattF »

It works in 3.0.6. Did you run the installer file that came with it?

Can you provide a link to your forum?
JimM68

Post by JimM68 »

I gotta say, I love and hate this mod. It is by far the most complicated mod install I've ever done. The first time, it took me a week to get it working, with direct help here from the author.

Well, we... moved to a new webhost. Updated phpbb to 3.07. Added joomla. Added blogomunities phpbb bridge and jsubsilver style. and got topic preview 1.06 from 1.04...

And after DAYS of work, I can't seem to get it going. The ACP control is there, but no topic preview.
http://www.firstgens.com
MattF

Post by MattF »

I think you did not complete the installation.

You must run the installer file it includes, at: http://firstgens.com/forum/install_topic_preview.php

EDIT: Also it looks like you installed it wrong in some files somehow.
The edit for ucp_prefs_view.html I can see was done wrong.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

MOD Robot wrote:MOD Updated to version 1.0.7
See first post for Download Link
I note that the first post still lists: "Download file: topic_preview_1.0.6.zip", not sure if that is a bug with Titania (the new customisation database), the MOD Robot, or something else?
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Matt125

Post by Matt125 »

VSE,

I have run the installer and did all the file edits. It's even installed through the ACP, so I'm not sure what the problem is. The link to the site is:

www.tbaybucs.com
MattF

Post by MattF »

Oyabun1 wrote:
MOD Robot wrote:MOD Updated to version 1.0.7
See first post for Download Link
I note that the first post still lists: "Download file: topic_preview_1.0.6.zip", not sure if that is a bug with Titania (the new customisation database), the MOD Robot, or something else?
Thanks for pointing this out
MattF

Post by MattF »

@Matt125 and @JimM68

This may seem kind of like a dumb request, but have you gone to the styles -> templates and Refreshed the cache of your style templates?
Matt125

Post by Matt125 »

VSE wrote:@Matt125 and @JimM68

This may seem kind of like a dumb request, but have you gone to the styles -> templates and Refreshed the cache of your style templates?
And that did it!

Looks like your dumb request was actually my dumb mistake. (I'm new to phpBB) Thanks for your help, and excellent modification!
JimM68

Post by JimM68 »

Well, no dice.
I checked out ucp_prefs, it looked fine except for a couple stray line endings that I cleared out. copied up the new file.

I had run the installer, but I ran it again.
The installer is tough on my board because phpbb is running within joomla, and we did some redirects to keep it that way. First try, you get a phpbb login. login and you go to a joomla login. Then you can get into the forums and if you retype /phpbb/instal... it will gove you the "do you want to..." and then "... was installed successfully"
Note I had done this (with the same indications and results) previously. It hasn't ever told me "... is all ready installed"

I refreshed the template and the cache.

Still no worky

firstgens.com
MattF

Post by MattF »

If you are certain you have uploaded all the files, ran the installer file and cleared the cache, then I suspect it is your file edits, especially since I can see that your ucp_prefs_view.html is still edited wrong.

Please check your PM box :geek:
JimM68

Post by JimM68 »

pm replied to...

and I checked the wrong file... upcP_prefs.php is fine. lol
MattF

Post by MattF »

Jim, I have looked at your files, and indeed there are edit problems. Your .php files are not correct. In fact, they have not been updated. You updated your style files, but not the php files. :o I have PM'd you about how to update them.
JimM68

Post by JimM68 »

Thanks (again) for your help with this.
Topic Preview is bow working on firstgens.com.
Jim

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”