Topic Preview

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Fujcube

Re: Topic Preview

Post by Fujcube »

Ok. I followed the tutorial and pasted this into the window where I could run the SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('topic_preview_limit','150')

When I hit the GO button, this error appeared. I have absolutely no idea what it means or how to fix it!!

Error
SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config( config_name, config_value )
VALUES (

'topic_preview_limit', '150'
)

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'topic_preview_limit' for key 1

Please help!!!!!

The MOD was working fine without doing this so why is it essential?

Regards, fujcube
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

You are fine... You are installed and everything is working...

What I want to know is, how did you originally install this mod?

PS: The error you got there simply was a warning that the SQL entry you attempted to make already existed, so nothing was changed. :D
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
Fujcube

Post by Fujcube »

Hi,

Many thanks for your help.

How I installed the MOD:

Downloaded archive and unpacked.
Opened Install.xml in browser.
Backed up appropriate files to local machine.
Copied backup files to use for editing.
Edited files as per install.xml.
Copied files to host and overwrote existing.
Copied 2 other files that were required.

Refreshed Templates & Purged Cache
Job done!!

I think I know where I went wrong. When I did a search for the lines to edit, I don't think I put the edits in the correct place.

Regards, fujcube
MattF

Post by MattF »

Fujcube wrote:Hi,

Many thanks for your help.

How I installed the MOD:

Downloaded archive and unpacked.
Opened Install.xml in browser.
Backed up appropriate files to local machine.
Copied backup files to use for editing.
Edited files as per install.xml.
Copied files to host and overwrote existing.
Copied 2 other files that were required.

Refreshed Templates & Purged Cache
Job done!!

I think I know where I went wrong. When I did a search for the lines to edit, I don't think I put the edits in the correct place.

Regards, fujcube
I am just trying to understand how you managed to update your SQL database without realizing you updated it???
Fujcube

Post by Fujcube »

Hi again,

Would I be correct in saying that the SQL edit was to add a default of 150 characters to the preview mod?

If so, once the mod was installed. I manually set the value to 150 which may have caused this to be thrown up:

There is no way I could have accidentally run a SQL query without knowing it!!!!

Regards, fujcube
MattF

Post by MattF »

Fujcube wrote:Hi again,

Would I be correct in saying that the SQL edit was to add a default of 150 characters to the preview mod?

If so, once the mod was installed. I manually set the value to 150 which may have caused this to be thrown up:

There is no way I could have accidentally run a SQL query without knowing it!!!!

Regards, fujcube
No, the SQL query is to add a new entry to the phpbb_config table of the database with the name topic_preview_limit and a default value of 150. If you use Automod to install mods, it would perform this SQL query automatically. If you install mods by hand, then you need to access your SQL database (like with phpMyAdmin) and perform the SQL query... By the way, the use of the term config here does not refer to the config.php file (which you edited - gasp!).. There is a table in the database called phpbb_config. 8-)
Rudeman72

Post by Rudeman72 »

I installed the mod without using the SQL entry and it worked fine, maybe it isn't required?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

That's because the entry will be added to the database if it does not exist when you are in ACP->General Settings->Board Features(or settings).
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
ranman1973

Post by ranman1973 »

Does anyone know if this mod will work with 3.0.4?

I have successfully added other mods that were for higher versions of phpBB but they didn't require database changes, only code changes.
Thanks,
Randy, Moderator, Priceline Forum
MattF

Post by MattF »

ranman1973 wrote:Does anyone know if this mod will work with 3.0.4?

I have successfully added other mods that were for higher versions of phpBB but they didn't require database changes, only code changes.
This mod is compatible with 3.0.4... compatibility with previous versions of phpBB3 usually has more to do with changes to the phpBB code rather than the database. What this mod adds to the database is compatible with phpBB 3.0.0!

The worst that might happen is that some of the "finds" in the instructions may not be found if your files are different from 3.0.6 in those areas. But that's the same risk you run anytime you have a modified board anyways. 8-)
nalioth

Post by nalioth »

I have installed this on a 3.0.7 board, and have a similar issue as Fujicube.

The prosilver theme works fine with the mod.

The subsilver2 topic titles have become plain text (no longer clickable), and there aren't any tooltips of any sort, either.

I used Automod to install, and it installed w/o error. When I went to uninstall after finding the subsilver2 issues, Automod threw find errors.

I've selected "0" word length in the ACP, and the board works fine now (both subsilver2 and prosilver), except I've got a malfunctioning mod installed :(

Here is the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.
MattF

Post by MattF »

nalioth wrote:I have installed this on a 3.0.7 board, and have a similar issue as Fujicube.

The prosilver theme works fine with the mod.

The subsilver2 topic titles have become plain text (no longer clickable), and there aren't any tooltips of any sort, either.

I used Automod to install, and it installed w/o error. When I went to uninstall after finding the subsilver2 issues, Automod threw find errors.

I've selected "0" word length in the ACP, and the board works fine now (both subsilver2 and prosilver), except I've got a malfunctioning mod installed :(

Here is the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.
It installs fine in subsilver2 with Automod, so one of your other mods probably helped create the problem. You can PM me your two subsilver files (search_results and viewforum_body and I can show you the mistakes to correct).

As for uninstalling - never use Automod's uninstall feature! At least not until the next release. Automod does not properly uninstall mods that have in-line-find and in-line-replace edits, which this mod does have. By using Automod's uninstall option you may have actually messed things up even more :o

Fortunately the new version of MODX (and soon Automod) allow us to make uninstall instructions, which I will have with the next release version of this software, so uninstalling will not be a problem any more ;)
nalioth

Post by nalioth »

VSE wrote: It installs fine in subsilver2 with Automod, so one of your other mods probably helped create the problem. You can PM me your two subsilver files (search_results and viewforum_body and I can show you the mistakes to correct).
Thanks, PM on the way.
VSE wrote: As for uninstalling - never use Automod's uninstall feature! At least not until the next release. Automod does not properly uninstall mods that have in-line-find and in-line-replace edits, which this mod does have. By using Automod's uninstall option you may have actually messed things up even more :o
No worries there - I don't force uninstalls with Automod.
VSE wrote: Fortunately the new version of MODX (and soon Automod) allow us to make uninstall instructions, which I will have with the next release version of this software, so uninstalling will not be a problem any more ;)
Welcome news, indeed.

Edited to add: Spammers Die! Die! Die!

I don't have enough posts to PM :( (thank you filthy spammers)
MattF

Post by MattF »

nalioth wrote:I don't have enough posts to PM :( (thank you filthy spammers)
Email me?
nalioth

Post by nalioth »

VSE wrote:
nalioth wrote:I don't have enough posts to PM :( (thank you filthy spammers)
Email me?
I tried that too (the spammers *ed that up, too)
Due to a spike in spam activity, we have been forced to restrict the usage of the email and private message facilities.

At this time, we require that users have a minimum of 5 posts and a registration date of more than 24 hours ago to proceed. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, however this is a necessary restriction. You may still PM team members.
PM inbound :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”