Topic Preview

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
eman80

Re: Topic Preview

Post by eman80 »

Thanks for this mod installed it on phpBB 3.0.7 and it works fine. :)
welcome to my forum:
http://www.elibrary4arab.com
Fujcube

Post by Fujcube »

Hi again,

Is there anything in this mod that would affect my session cookies? Until I installed this mod, I was able to remain logged in on my site indefinitely. I now find that I have to login more often now and the only change to the site was the installation of this mod.

Regards, fujcube
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

No, it should not... This mod does not touch the sessions in any way. You could try removing it, and see what that does. But I have not experienced any log-in/session problems with it.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
aebstract

Post by aebstract »

Need some help, and not 100% this is related to this mod, but I started getting complains on the issues just after the mod was installed. It seems to be working.. I've had 2 users so far tell me that they cannot view threads if they are not logged in and threads that they view, and then go back to that section, they can't view the thread again. Weird?
MattF

Post by MattF »

Have not seen any kind of behavior as you describe from this MOD, but perhaps you made an error installing it - can you provide a link to your board?
aebstract

Post by aebstract »

http://outlawracing.com/forums/

I got this response in general help:
None of your topics are linked, so you cannot open them.

You will need to report your problem in the Support topic for your topic preview mod.

edit: I fixed the problem, when I copied over one of the lines of code I must have pasted over one > on accident and it was missing, causing the topics to not get linked. All is good now. ;)
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Topic Preview

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.6
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Thanks MOD Team!

New features in v1.0.6:
  • Added an option to the UCP so your users can disable the Topic Preview if they want.
  • Added ability for the Admin to define certain BBcodes whose contents you want completely removed or hidden from the Topic Preview. In other words, the text in between these BBcode tags will not be visible in the Topic Preview. This is good if your forum uses spoiler or hidden text BBcodes, or if you find other BBcodes are showing undesirable text in the Topic Preview, such as code, youtube, attachment or other custom BBcodes.
  • The MOD's code has been optimized to reduce changes in phpBB's core files and to make the style changes easier
  • UMIL is now used to handle the database changes during installation and/or updating.
  • A MODX uninstall file is included to ease uninstallation if you need to remove the MOD.
  • Update instructions from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 are included as well.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Great features in 1.0.6! Thanks :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

mmm you can use the UMIL language vars, UMIL already translated in a lot of languages.
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Hi, you can add a new feature?:

Only shows the text between the BBCode, for example: [synopsis][/synopsis] or [topicpreview][/topicpreview] <3

With this function previews the text of a bbcode we want and not only the start of the topic. mmm sorry for my english.

Thanks for this mod! Installed on 3.0.7 with Automod and works perfect.

------------------------

Spanish translation:

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

MattF

Post by MattF »

Thanks for the Spanish translation! :mrgreen:

So you want a BBcode that can define the topic preview? That's an interesting idea, I may look into it in the future to see if it is feasible.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

VSE wrote:Thanks for the Spanish translation! :mrgreen:

So you want a BBcode that can define the topic preview? That's an interesting idea, I may look into it in the future to see if it is feasible.

Yes, thanks! :D

Greengo

Post by Greengo »

any chance this mod could be adapted to suit the milky way red style of board ?

Have been asked by my members and I installed the app only to realise that it didnt work with my board style...

many thanks
MattF

Post by MattF »

Greengo wrote:any chance this mod could be adapted to suit the milky way red style of board ?

Have been asked by my members and I installed the app only to realise that it didnt work with my board style...

many thanks
That is a subsilver2-based style, so just do the subsilver2 style edits instead of the prosilver style edits.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”