Custom BBCode Sorting

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Joe_Joe

Re: Custom BBCode Sorting

Post by Joe_Joe »

Ah ha, now I understand. Thank you very much.

JJ
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

I have a suggestion. Let's say I have have twenty custom BBCodes. The first 3 on the list are turned on, and the next 10 are off, and I want to turn on the 10th one and move it to the top. Well, now I have to hit up 10 times or so. So as a suggestion, could you possibly split the list (show the ones that are turned off in one list and the ones that are turned on in another, and then let you sort only the ones that are turned on (automatically added ones that you just turned on to the bottom of the list). Thanks!
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I'll consider it imkingdavid.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

If you're going to add that suggestion Rich, please make it optional.

For us the mod isn’t so much about changing the display order of custom BBCodes but as a sortable catalogue of them. Having the single list with an icon showing whether they are displayed or not, as now, is better for that.

In addition, we don't often add custom BBCodes and once they're sorted I don't think we’ll feel the need to resort them very often, so a few extra clicks once in a while doesn’t make a whole lot of difference to us.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Oyabun1, I tend to agree.

Only reason I wrote this mod was so that custom bbcodes could be placed "together" in the drop down....I threw in the "On posting page" as a "Well, why not?" type of thing.

I will consider an "add-on" to the mod in the future.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Yeah, it's no biggie. It's just a hell of a lot harder to get your bbcode sorted if you have to push each bbcode that is on the posting page past twenty that aren't. But, yeah, like I said, no biggie. :)
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Bash
Name: Glenn

Post by Bash »

Useful mod, thanks very much!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”