User IP Logs

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Typo
Former Team Member
Name: Jeremy Lorenzo

Re: User IP Logs

Post by Typo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:22 pm

lovelysummer wrote:I have a language string problem in Admin log after I deleted some User IP logs.......I cannot find any language file edit concerning this one. Please help :)
I apologize for missing this edit. It will be added to any future release (if there is one).

The following edit is only for users that have already installed this mod. The edit add's a missing language variable that shows when a User IP log entry has been deleted.

OPEN:
language/en/acp/common.php
FIND:

Code: Select all

'LOG_CLEAR_USERS'		=> '<strong>Cleared user logs</strong>',
ADD AFTER:

'LOG_CLEAR_USERS_IP'		=> '<strong>Cleared User IP logs</strong>',

AzAce

Post by AzAce » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Any idea what would cause this?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4309: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4311: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4313: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)

Typo
Former Team Member

Post by Typo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:57 pm

What did you edit the language file with? If you used notepad in windows or for instance cpanels file editor, there is a good chance you messed up the files format. You need to use a editing program that is smart enough to save a file in the same format it is opened in such as in this case, UTF-8 Without BOM.

If you did use a bad editor, and I think you did, then simply download a proper editor, (most people prefer Notepad++) and fix it.

To fix this usint Notepad++, first download Notepad++ from Here, then use it to edit the /language/en/acp/common.php. Simply click Format, and then click Convert to "UTF-8 without BOM" and then save and upload the file.

On a side note, most common FTP programs let you set which editor to use in the options, Notepad++ will work with most of these, simply chose the notepad++ executable as the default editor in the FTP program and then when u click edit in the ftp program, Notepad++ will launch with the file in it and then when u click Save in Notepad++, it will automatically upload in the FTP program.

Let me know if this helps.

Typo
Former Team Member

Post by Typo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 pm

If you have installed this mod, read this post!

stokerpiller PM'ed me to notify me of an error that he thought could be from this mod. The issue was that when a user was banned and tried to log in, instead of recieving a warning that they are banned, an error flashes on the screen and then the user is logged in and allowed access to the whole board.

He was right, this was being caused by this mod. The problem was my mod was using $result which was already in use previously in that section of code but I never noticed and it wasn't caught in validation. The fix is simple, replace the var name with a more descriptive one.

I will be submitting a new version 1.0.1 soon with this fix but for now to fix it yourself, simply do the following edit.

The following edit is for anyone that has installed this mod
OPEN:
includes/functions.php
FIND:

$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
			$results = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
			if (empty($results))
			{
				add_log('users_ip', 'LOG_USER_IP');
			}
			$db->sql_freeresult($result);
REPLACE WITH:

$result_log = $db->sql_query($sql);
			$results_log = $db->sql_fetchrow($result_log);
			if (empty($results_log))
			{
				add_log('users_ip', 'LOG_USER_IP');
			}
			$db->sql_freeresult($result_log);
That will fix the problem.

I apologize for not catching this before the mod was released.

I am submitting the new version (1.0.1) for validation right now. The only difference in the versions is the above edit.

Lastly, thanks again to stokerpiller for finding and immediately reporting this error.

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:01 pm

No problem, and thanks for the fix ;)
I am done with phpBB

Warzone

Post by Warzone » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:31 am

Well this is strange, I am getting no logs recorded and my re-authenticate for admin comes up twice to which generates a "Failed admin login attempt" even though it does let me on the second time though admin re-authenticate...Re-checked my edits and well, nothing wrong...gonna try again

Warzone

Post by Warzone » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:36 am

arrrg, nevermind me...put the edit under the wrong function >.> though still got nothing on the ACP...hmmm

Edit: Working! the case statement I put under the case for "user" which infact it was "users"...probs what happened above, almost 2 identical functions and case statements...easy to put under the other one lol

Warzone

Post by Warzone » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:26 pm

It doesnt seem to log users who are "Hidden" :P

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Typo,

I would like to know what is the function of the Search for keywords: box, I typed in the user name but no search result found.

Besides, would you please consider to make username column sorting in the future version? ;)

Thanks

Romeon

Post by Romeon » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Hey guys!

I did everything accordingly, checked my files again but its still not showing in the maintenance place.

When it installed it said "Database:" but nothing more.. So I tried to uninstall it.. but all I get is a white page when uninstalling.. If I try to reinstall, i cant, only option i have is uninstall which gives me blank page. Any ideas?

I am using 3.0.7PLi

Typo
Former Team Member

Post by Typo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am

Warzone wrote:It doesnt seem to log users who are "Hidden" :P
Based on a quick review of the placement of the code in the login_box function, I do not see how this could be missing hiddden users. I do not have it installed on any sites so cannot confirm this at the moment but if another user could confirm this for me, I would appreciate it.
lovelysummer wrote:I would like to know what is the function of the Search for keywords: box, I typed in the user name but no search result found.
This searches the Action field.
lovelysummer wrote:Besides, would you please consider to make username column sorting in the future version?
Below the list of logs, you will see a series of drop down boxes. Look for the first drop down box to the right of the words "Sort by:" and change the first box to "Username" and the second box to "Ascending" and then click the "Go" button. This will sort the logs like you want.
Romeon wrote:When it installed it said "Database:" but nothing more.. So I tried to uninstall it.. but all I get is a white page when uninstalling.. If I try to reinstall, i cant, only option i have is uninstall which gives me blank page. Any ideas?
I haven't experienced this issue and nobody else has reported anything similar.

Please make sure that you done all the file edits in "install_user_ip_logs.xml" before running "user_ip_logs_installer.php".

If you are sure you have done everything right, the next thing I would suggest is that you re-download the mod and try uploading the installer again.

If the same thing keeps happening let me know.

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot » Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 am

MOD Updated to version 1.0.1
See first post for Download Link
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”