Welcome PM on First Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Welcome PM on First Login
Author: ..::Frans::..
Modification description: Allows administrators to create a message that will be sent to newly registered users upon their first login.
Modification version: 2.2.6
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.11

Download file: WPM_226.zip
File size: 487.92 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 13 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Descriptions says it all :)
Ganon_master

Re: Welcome PM on First Login

Post by Ganon_master »

Congratulations Dualfusion! Great MOD! :)
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

Thanks!! Update soon! :D with alot more features that all of you requested:

-Variable Parsing in the Subject
-More space in the Message
-More variables
-BBCode editor
-Smiley box
-CPF integration

Been trying to get pop-up notify to work, buts its buggy, when its enabled, the new user gets a full pm box and cant access the new pm :(

I also have a small cpf var problem, and besides those two bugs, im doing the auto-installer/upgrader for all of you :D
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

Reinstalled.... and this is the new error...

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 346: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'acp_board::variables_wpm' was given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 346: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'acp_board::preview_wpm' was given
Followed directions to a t.
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

DualFusion wrote:Thanks!! Update soon! :D with alot more features that all of you requested:

-Variable Parsing in the Subject
-More space in the Message
-More variables
-BBCode editor
-Smiley box
-CPF integration
Great MOD! I will wait till these updates will be released. :mrgreen:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

Someone else had a problem with the user_call_func_array() function. Try to review your edits, and make sure you have the exact edits as they should be. This other person forgot an edit, and therefore got this same error. Before you had the error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: wpm_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: wpm_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 273: Undefined index: wpm_send_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 273: Undefined index: wpm_subject
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 287: Undefined index: wpm_message
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 342: Undefined index: wpm_variables
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 342: Undefined index: wpm_preview
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_board.php on line 845: Undefined index: wpm_message
That was because you forgot to run the sql queries. Now that you re installed it, you get another error. Please review your changes.

EDIT: After reviewing adm/index.php, I am thinking that you forgot the second edit of includes/acp/board.php
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

DualFusion wrote:Someone else had a problem with the user_call_func_array() function. Try to review your edits, and make sure you have the exact edits as they should be. This other person forgot an edit, and therefore got this same error. Before you had the error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: wpm_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: wpm_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 273: Undefined index: wpm_send_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 273: Undefined index: wpm_subject
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 287: Undefined index: wpm_message
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 342: Undefined index: wpm_variables
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 342: Undefined index: wpm_preview
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_board.php on line 845: Undefined index: wpm_message
That was because you forgot to run the sql queries. Now that you re installed it, you get another error. Please review your changes.

EDIT: After reviewing adm/index.php, I am thinking that you forgot the second edit of includes/acp/board.php
Actually the first was due to not purging the cache. So I think, because the sql was ran.

And i'll go over all the edits a 3rd time, will like the 2nd time, completely erase and add what's in the instructions...

I'll also pm you my acp/board.php file, it has the 2 edits in as instructed... thanks for your assistance though.
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

Think i might have discovered the reason....

might have been due to the misplaced } before the ?>.... let see..

EDIT:.... YUP! That did it! Thanks! Great mod thus far!!
bax89

Post by bax89 »

hi... if i wanna write some longer message then this message is reduced to 255 characters... how i can change this limit from 255 to (for example) 1000 characters?
...All we are is dust in the wind...
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

bax89 wrote:hi... if i wanna write some longer message then this message is reduced to 255 characters... how i can change this limit from 255 to (for example) 1000 characters?
Sorry bax89 the mod is only limited to 255 at this time. Dual Fusion is working on an upgrade that will increase that limit.

Dual Fusion I am glad to see the mod already approved! Congrats!! :D
When all else fails, read the instructions
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

I will have an alpha version out on Friday. I fixed error with the cpf variables, and i took out the pop-up notify feature for now, that was too buggy and was so many edits. Theres only 2 edits in the mod thus far :P and with it, there were like 5 more.

The Alpha, once again. DO NOT USE ON A LIVE ENVIRONMENT!!!! This is why it is an Alpha. Then comes Beta, then comes RC#. Even RC should not be used on a live environment. But, since its in the DB, then there is MOST LIKELY not a bug, that doesnt mean theres definetely not a bug either.

Well, what im trying to say is alpha coming soon, Friday. Do not use live. If you want to test it please do. If you want to supply a translation, please do. More details when i release it in the other topic. :? Thank you.
T50

Post by T50 »

EDIT:
Please use version 2.2.3 by frans from here http://www.startrekguide.com/community/ ... &sk=t&sd=a

It is ALOT better than version 1.0.0 Please Note that this topic here is adbandoned by frans and dualfusion, for support go to the above link

Ok well DualFusion, could you let me know when you got this thing sorta done so i don't have to update it for a while. I had the b5 version of it, some how it is still partly there.........

anyway great mod!
Last edited by T50 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Webhosting with option of getting paid plan <-- No Ads, No Pop-ups, Absolutely free/ or use promo code T50 to get a 10% discount on paid plan!
Make a few $$ in under a few minutes, easy to do

Webmaster of a Northeast Wisconsin Boy Scout Troop Website, http://bsat50.info
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

DualFusion wrote:Friday
:D Alpha will be released tomorrow, Friday, August 10, 2007.
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

DualFusion wrote:
DualFusion wrote:Friday
:D Alpha will be released tomorrow, Friday, August 10, 2007.
Doesn't the MOD Robot say it's version 1.0.0 for this modification. :? Or are you talking about a different modification?
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”