Welcome PM on First Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Re: Welcome PM on First Login

Post by Tripp »

Do you know how to go into MySQL/PHPmyadmin?

I don't think it would relate to the database though. Have you cleared your browser's cache?

Just install the new one and see if that fixes it.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
LouTreize

Post by LouTreize »

Drugs wrote:Do you know how to go into MySQL/PHPmyadmin?

I don't think it would relate to the database though. Have you cleared your browser's cache?

Just install the new one and see if that fixes it.
Alright im in PHPmyadmin...ya i cleared the browers cache too...

And im having second thoughts about installing the new one. I'm wondering if i really need it now. I just started the site and normally i write up a welcome letter to the new members and get to know them a little.
LouTreize

Post by LouTreize »

So far i'm in databases > *********_php and i'm looking at a long list of "tables"...

I'm eying the phpbb_privmsgs...do i empty it?
LouTreize

Post by LouTreize »

K i emptied them...and...DONE AND DONE! SOLID :twisted:

Thanks Drugs :D
..::Frans::..

Post by ..::Frans::.. »

Latest version (2.2.3.) can be downloaded here: http://www.startrekguide.com/community/ ... t=0#p53146

I encourage all users to upgrade to this latest version because of a rather nasty bug that was fixed (with thanx to Whitewolfsix!)
...pong
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

I was glad to be helpful in finding this bug. ;)
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
stefandv

Post by stefandv »

..::Frans::.. wrote:Latest version (2.2.3.) can be downloaded here: http://www.startrekguide.com/community/ ... t=0#p53146

I encourage all users to upgrade to this latest version because of a rather nasty bug that was fixed (with thanx to Whitewolfsix!)

*Wishes he has read that before installing 1.0, uploads his backups. :lol:

Great mod!
yais

Post by yais »

..::Frans::.. wrote:Latest version (2.2.3.) can be downloaded here: http://www.startrekguide.com/community/ ... t=0#p53146

Thanks for the link, the mod seems to be much better.

How do I undo the db changes for this mod? The installation query is:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_enable', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_send_id', '2');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_subject', 'Welcome to our forums!');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_message', 'Hello, [b]{USERNAME}[/b]!\n\nWelcome to {SITE_NAME}. You registered on [b]{USER_REGDATE}[/b]. According to your input, your email is: [b]{USER_EMAIL}[/b].\n\n-Thank you for registering at {SITE_NAME}! :D');

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_preview', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_variables', '');
really appreciate it if someone can come up with the query to remove it entirely from the db.
..::Frans::..

Post by ..::Frans::.. »

...pong
Ddraiggoch06

Post by Ddraiggoch06 »

I'm using this now, truly a great and professional MOD. Good work :)
I accept PM support for phpBB3. Please do not PM me with MOD or Style support and requests.
"Give a man a fish and you'll have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you'll have fed him for a lifetime."
Damien Boyle

Post by Damien Boyle »

Have not read all pages.

Is there any way of making the PM text field bigger i keep getting this warning?

The entered value for the setting “Message” is too long. The maximal allowed length is 255

Cheers
prasham

Post by prasham »

I am using phpbb 3.0.x - I want to send welcome PM to all the new members. I heard that its some stalking mod which would do the trick.

Can someone please give link to the latest update. It too boring to go through all the 40 pages of this thread.

Please help.

Prasham
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

You know....if you're too lazy to look page like one page, then you don't deserve help. You people are so lazy and won't help yourself but yet you expect others to take THEIR time and look for the solution.

Formerly Drugs
prasham

Post by prasham »

Its not the question of being lazy.

I am a businessman and have several issues to cope with throughout the day. So I just thought that if someone else if having knowledge about the latest update why to go through all the pages and waste time.

So if you can help. I request you to do so. Otherwise someone else with more tender heart would surely do.
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

Businessman or not, the new author of this mod, Frans, posted on THIS freakin' page and tells you why, a nasty bug. Just a matter of looking a few posts up. :roll:

Formerly Drugs

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”